PDA

View Full Version : Texas Governor Ron Paul?

osan
11-18-2013, 06:29 AM
The other day in another thread - don't recall which one, sorry - while responding to a post wherein we were commenting on what a hopelessly foolish and perhaps corrupt fop Rick Perry is and that he is on his way out, a lightning bolt hit me: would not Ron Paul make the most fabulously superb governor the state of Texas had ever had?

So at the risk of seeming a complete fool, I ask whether there might be any chance that Dr. Paul would be interested in such a thing. I know he's getting on a bit and all, and I cannot believe nobody else has thought of this, but I've never heard nor read the least hint of it anywhere and thought, "why not?"

Has anyone suggested this to him? If not, should it be?

tod evans
11-18-2013, 06:37 AM
From the good Dr.'s perspective, would this be a better use of his time than what he's doing now?

Danke
11-18-2013, 06:38 AM
What's a "Givernor"?

tod evans
11-18-2013, 06:40 AM
What's a "Givernor"?

Welfare administrator?

CaseyJones
11-18-2013, 06:47 AM
What's a "Givernor"?

Rick Perry for the last 12 years

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-18-2013, 07:10 AM
If I were his age--or any age for that matter--I'd wreak as much havoc as possible in office. That includes work to repeal 95% of the laws. I'd tell the media to kiss my butt. I'd use colorful and off color language. I hire 19 year old college interns from girly magazines (or JC Penny's catalog). I'd figuratively, and literally, cut as many farts on people as I could. Just like old people do.

I be out after one term (if not sooner), write a book, and make a crapload of money. I would then run again just to tick people off.

11-18-2013, 07:13 AM
First off he's retired and second he would not win in whole state of TX.

FrankRep
11-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Ron Paul is Retired.

ClydeCoulter
11-18-2013, 07:45 AM
I would think that he, Ron, would get a lot of backing from the grassroots if he did run. :)

Matthew5
11-18-2013, 08:14 AM
I think in a state where Kinky Friedman can run...Dr. Paul would do alright. So sure, he could run, but I doubt he would. Personally, I'd like to see him go up against Wendy Davis.

11-18-2013, 08:35 AM
He would lose. He got 12% in the TX 2012 primary. That's the reality of the situation. He always did well in his district races, but not the rest of TX.

ClydeCoulter
11-18-2013, 08:38 AM
He would lose. He got 12% in the TX 2012 primary. That's the reality of the situation. He always did well in his district races, but not the rest of TX.

There was also no real push in Texas, it was "over", regardless of all of the money hoarded from other state campaigns for TX and CA (so sayeth Benton).

It's also late 2013, and many of Ron's predictions are on target and visible.

belian78
11-18-2013, 08:45 AM
I would think that he, Ron, would get a lot of backing from the grassroots if he did run. :)
From the true grassroots folks, yes. But I am pretty sure we'd see some posters here trying to persuade folks otherwise, as sad as that is.

klamath
11-18-2013, 09:42 AM
No, he would do his politcal influence harm because he would lose badly. He didn't even win his own district let alone the state of TX.

CaptLouAlbano
11-18-2013, 10:36 AM
If he ran, I would support him. How much time and/or money I would commit to his campaign would depend on how realistic his chances were of course. That being said, I don't think he has any intentions on running.

aclove
11-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Ron Paul does not want to be Governor, or Congressman, or any other kind of politician. He wants to travel around and preach Liberty, and that's it. That's what he's doing now, so there's no reason, from his perspective, to run for office again. He's retired. End of story.

Matthew5
11-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Besides, he's becoming an anarchist anyway...

:toady: trolololo

dannno
11-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Wouldn't hurt to ask.

satchelmcqueen
11-18-2013, 11:54 PM
cutting farts for sure!
If I were his age--or any age for that matter--I'd wreak as much havoc as possible in office. That includes work to repeal 95% of the laws. I'd tell the media to kiss my butt. I'd use colorful and off color language. I hire 19 year old college interns from girly magazines (or JC Penny's catalog). I'd figuratively, and literally, cut as many farts on people as I could. Just like old people do.

I be out after one term (if not sooner), write a book, and make a crapload of money. I would then run again just to tick people off.

Dr.3D
11-19-2013, 12:05 AM
cutting farts for sure!
It requires very sharp scissors to cut a fart, if they are not sharp, the fart will just fold.

At my age, I prefer to just rip my farts.

rich34
11-22-2013, 11:32 AM
hell I was still hoping if Rand don't get nominated that Ron will finally take the gloves off and run 3rd party. Just imagine an independence day money bomb? I know not going to happen, but one can hope...

eduardo89
11-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Ron Paul is Retired.

Mentally or physically?

jllundqu
11-22-2013, 11:59 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?113623-RP-needs-to-run-for-Governor&highlight=governor+ron

People have been talking about that here for a long time....

RonPaulFanInGA
11-22-2013, 12:40 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?113623-RP-needs-to-run-for-Governor&highlight=governor+ron

People have been talking about that here for a long time....

If mid-2012 taught us anything, it's that some people will simply deny reality when it comes to Ron Paul, even if it's staring them right in the face. The refusal to accept he lost the primary, now it's this Governor's race and this website will likely have dozens of threads about getting Ron Paul to run for President again in 2016.

I can see it now, the inevitable mid-2016 "can we convince Ron Paul to announce and have delegates switch from Christie to him?" for-serious thread.

11-23-2013, 09:48 AM
If mid-2012 taught us anything, it's that some people will simply deny reality when it comes to Ron Paul, even if it's staring them right in the face. The refusal to accept he lost the primary, now it's this Governor's race and this website will likely have dozens of threads about getting Ron Paul to run for President again in 2016.

I can see it now, the inevitable mid-2016 "can we convince Ron Paul to announce and have delegates switch from Christie to him?" for-serious thread.

If you recall, we had a former moderator here, banning people for pointing that out.

fr33
11-24-2013, 01:35 AM
He wouldn't win. He was filling events with thousands of people here in Texas right before the primary, but he got jack shit for votes.

TruckinMike
11-25-2013, 04:59 PM
He wouldn't win. He was filling events with thousands of people here in Texas right before the primary, but he got jack shit for votes.

YEP!!

EDIT//

jmdrake
11-25-2013, 05:53 PM
From the good Dr.'s perspective, would this be a better use of his time than what he's doing now?

Hell yeah! For starters he would push through the anti-TSA bill that Rick Perry wimped out on. And then there's putting the kibash on the trans-Texas corridor for good. And that would give Rand a lock on Texas. That said, it'll never happen for those and other reasons. The PTB would pull out all the stops.

idiom
11-25-2013, 07:17 PM

Maybe some of those people have grown past the age of thirty and are capable of giving an ounce of care?

I mean its been a year right?

libertariantexas
12-23-2013, 02:15 AM
He'll surely get my vote!