PDA

View Full Version : Notes on the Pussification of America

Origanalist
11-16-2013, 04:23 PM
by Fred Reed

November 14, 2013

It is time to get women out of the schooling of boys. It is way past time. Women in our feminized classrooms are consigning generations of our sons to years of misery and diminished futures. The evidence is everywhere. Few dare notice it.

The feminization is real. More than seventy-five percent of teachers are women; in New York state, over ninety percent of elementary school teachers are women; in the US, over seventy percent of psychologists are women, with (sez me) the rest being doubtful. This is feminization with fangs.

I have just read Back to Normal: Why Ordinary Childhood Behavior Is Mistaken for ADHD, Bipolar Disorder, and Autism Spectrum Disorder, by psychologist Enrico Gnaulati, who works with children alleged to have psychological problems in school, usually meaning boys. I decline to recommend it because of its psychobabble, its tendency to discover the obvious at great length, and its Genderally Correct pronouns, which will grate on the literate. (I mean constructions resembling “If a student comes in, tell him or her that he or she should put his or her books in his or her locker.”) However, a serious interest in the subject justifies slogging through the prose. (The statistics above are from the book.)

The relevant content is that women are making school hell for boys, that they have turned normal boyish behavior such as enjoyment of roughhousing into psychiatric “personality disorders.” They are doping boys up, forcing them into behavior utterly alien to them, and sending them to psychiatrists if they don’t conform to standards of behavior suited to girls. The result is that boy children hate school and do poorly (despite, as Gnaulati, says, having higher IQs). This is no secret for anyone paying attention, but Gnaulati makes it explicit.

As a galling example he cites one Robert, an adolescent responding badly to classes and therefore suspected by his teacher of having a “personality disorder.” From the book:

She required all forty students in the class to design Valentine’s Day cards for each other. She was emphatic about wanting them personalized. Names had to be spelled correctly and compliments written up genuinely.

Valentines? This was eighth-grade English. Students, who by then once knew grammar cold, should be reading literature or learning to write coherently. In my eighth-grade class, we read Julius Caesar: “I want the men around me to be fat, healthy-looking men who sleep at night.” Valentines? Compliments?

This, the author assures the reader, did not take place in an asylum for the mildly retarded, but in one of the ten best high schools in California. What must the rest be like?

Of course Robert was having trouble putting up with the girly drivel, this feminized ooze devoid of academic content. “Oooooh! Let’s have a warm, emotional bonding experience.”

This is why women should not be allowed within fifty feet of a school where boys are taught. A boy, especially a bright one, will want to drop out of school through the nearest window and run screaming to a recruiting office for the French Foreign Legion—anything to get away from inane, vapid, and insubstantial feel-good compulsory niceness inflicted by some low-wattage ed-school grad.

Get these ditz-rabbits away from our sons. Let us have separate schools for the sexes, with each being taught by teachers of the same sex. I do not presume to tell women what they should teach girls—astrophysics, valentine design with sincere compliments, whatever they like. Just stay away from the boys.

The thrust of current social propaganda is that the sexes are identical in all important respects. They are not. The differences are great. It is time we stopped pretending otherwise.

First: By their nature, females are far more interested in social relationships than in academic substance. If you are a man, ask yourself how often you have serious intellectual discussions of politics, science, history, or society with women as compared to men. Seldom. Degrees and exceptions, yes. Still, seldom.

Second: Women are totalitarian. Men are happy to let boys be boys and girls be girls. Women want all children to be girls. In school this means emphasizing diligence—neat homework done on time, no matter how silly or academically vacuous—over performance, meaning material learned. Women favor docility, orderliness, cooperation in groups, not making waves, niceness, and comity. For boys this is asphyxiating.

If women wanted to start a bar for women only, men would not care. If men want a private club in which to enjoy male company, women explode in fury. Totalitarian.

In common with the keepers of the Russian gulag, women are more than willing to drug little boys into submission. There is a Stalinist mercilessness in this, a complete lack of understanding of, or interest in, what boys are. (“Ve haff vays of making you….”)

Third: Women prefer security to freedom, males freedom to security. In politics, this has ominous implications for civil liberties. In the schools, this means that wrestling and dodge ball are violence, that tag might lead to a fall and scraped knees, that a little boy who draws a soldier with a rifle is a dangerous psychopath in the making. This is hysteria.

Continued......http://takimag.com/article/notes_on_the_pussification_of_america_fred_reed/page_2

eduardo89
11-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Uh oh...bad word in thread title.

RJB
11-16-2013, 04:59 PM
My dad was an aerospace engineer for the government and I moved all over. Always being the new kid, I became quite a smartass as a defense mech. Both kids and teachers can be cruel.

In 8th grade my teachers called my parents in for conference. I stood in the hall and listened to how my friends and I wrestled at recess, How I'd ace the tests and then not do homework except what it would take to get a "C," my bad attitude, etc. etc. The principal told my folks not to expect me to go to college.

After it was done, I tried to get in my mom's car for fear of my father. He said, "no, you're coming with me." I got in scared and suddenly he started laughing, which REALLY scared me. He told me female teachers act odd once a month like my mom. He told me women don't understand a young male's natural energy and it makes them mad. He explained he did all those things and they weren't necessarily bad and that I'd turn out alright, but just to understand that as little as I understood my teachers, they didn't understand me either, and to understand me they turned to idiots called psychologists who understood me even less.

It was funny. Had he screamed at me, I would have gone back to school with an even worse attitude, but his explanation had the opposite effect. It was the first time he really spoke to me like I was a man. I understood my teachers better and behaved a little better.

Thank God the next year my folks started to homeschool me.

BTW the stupidest punishment they can give a hyperactive boy is making him miss recess. They should have had me do 50 push-ups or run around the building a bunch of time. I had to expend some energy.

eduardo89
11-16-2013, 05:03 PM
MHe told me female teachers act odd once a month like my mom.

That made me burst out laughing.

RJB
11-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Am I the only one who didn't have a wonderful school experience? :)

Origanalist
11-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Hardly. And kudo's to your dad for understanding what they are. Indoctrination centers.

Suzanimal
11-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Although I don't agree with everything in the article (I wouldn't consider Bush and Rumsfeld good examples of real manliness), I think this is a very important topic. I think men are most certainly being .... "pussified".

I have 4 older brothers and suffice it to say our house was loud, rowdy and busy. I end up having 2 sons (they're only a year apart) and it never bothered me (I really didn't even notice) that my house had become loud, rowdy and busy. I thought my boys were pretty good kids, then they started school....:eek:....my son got a "frownie" for bad behavior every single day he was in Kindergarten. We finally ended up having a conference with his teacher and she said he was a sweet kid and he's smart but he's just "wild" and suggested he might have ADD. His terrible offenses included running or speed walking everywhere, touching, playing too rough, fighting (he never started the fight but he got in trouble for defending himself, seriously), turning everything into a gun or sword, farting (and laughing hysterically about it), squirting milk out of his eyes at lunch, trading food at lunch (apparently there was a rule about trading food) blah, blah. The way she talked you'd think the 5 year old hooligan had knocked over a liquor store. This all seemed like perfectly normal little boy behavior to me, actually pretty tame compared to my brothers. My husband just sat there listening to her and when she was finished he said, you why he does that, don't you? She said no, he smiled and said because he has balls. Gawd, I love that man.:) My boys spirits were being broken and it just felt wrong so we ended up pulling them out and started homeschooling them the next year.
It really bugged me that my sons teacher thought there was something wrong with him so I talked to other mothers and they said their sons got trouble all the time too. So then I thought, somethings just not right here and started poking around the internet and found this book...

The WAR AGAINST BOYS: How Misguided Feminism Is Harming Our Young Men
http://www.amazon.com/WAR-AGAINST-BOYS-Misguided-Feminism/dp/0684849577/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384661068&sr=1-3

Here's a newer edition, I haven't read this one.

The War Against Boys: How Misguided Policies are Harming Our Young Men
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1451644183

Here's an article she wrote on the subject

School Has Become Too Hostile to Boys
And efforts to re-engineer the young-male imagination are doomed to fail
Read more: Christina Hoff Sommers: School Has Become Hostile to Boys | TIME.com http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/19/school-has-become-too-hostile-to-boys/#ixzz2ks6eq2iC

By the way, my sons are 13 & 14 now and they're just fine.

Origanalist
11-16-2013, 11:23 PM
Although I don't agree with everything in the article (I wouldn't consider Bush and Rumsfeld good examples of real manliness), I think this is a very important topic. I think men are most certainly being .... "pussified".

I have 4 older brothers and suffice it to say our house was loud, rowdy and busy. I end up having 2 sons (they're only a year apart) and it never bothered me (I really didn't even notice) that my house had become loud, rowdy and busy. I thought my boys were pretty good kids, then they started school....:eek:....my son got a "frownie" for bad behavior every single day he was in Kindergarten. We finally ended up having a conference with his teacher and she said he was a sweet kid and he's smart but he's just "wild" and suggested he might have ADD. His terrible offenses included running or speed walking everywhere, touching, playing too rough, fighting (he never started the fight but he got in trouble for defending himself, seriously), turning everything into a gun or sword, farting (and laughing hysterically about it), squirting milk out of his eyes at lunch, trading food at lunch (apparently there was a rule about trading food) blah, blah. The way she talked you'd think the 5 year old hooligan had knocked over a liquor store. This all seemed like perfectly normal little boy behavior to me, actually pretty tame compared to my brothers. My husband just sat there listening to her and when she was finished he said, you why he does that, don't you? She said no, he smiled and said because he has balls. Gawd, I love that man.:) My boys spirits were being broken and it just felt wrong so we ended up pulling them out and started homeschooling them the next year.
It really bugged me that my sons teacher thought there was something wrong with him so I talked to other mothers and they said their sons got trouble all the time too. So then I thought, somethings just not right here and started poking around the internet and found this book...

The WAR AGAINST BOYS: How Misguided Feminism Is Harming Our Young Men
http://www.amazon.com/WAR-AGAINST-BOYS-Misguided-Feminism/dp/0684849577/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384661068&sr=1-3

Here's a newer edition, I haven't read this one.

The War Against Boys: How Misguided Policies are Harming Our Young Men
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1451644183

Here's an article she wrote on the subject

School Has Become Too Hostile to Boys
And efforts to re-engineer the young-male imagination are doomed to fail
Read more: Christina Hoff Sommers: School Has Become Hostile to Boys | TIME.com http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/19/school-has-become-too-hostile-to-boys/#ixzz2ks6eq2iC

By the way, my sons are 13 & 14 now and they're just fine.

I loved your post but I think the Bush and Rumsfeld references are from my other "pussification" thread. :)

The fact that boys acting like boys brought that kind of response just shows how far off track we have become, I also think your husbands response was great. :D

Icymudpuppy
11-17-2013, 12:58 AM
Last weekend.

My exhibits speak for themselves.

Your pussification is for you...

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/996050_10151955449436192_563681059_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/563727_10151955449656192_1197281437_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1456584_10151955449846192_514752651_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1459969_10151955449941192_1979172983_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1456579_10151955450371192_736004224_n.jpg

Now, some people don't like the Boyscouts, but they do teach independence, self sufficiency, and good old fashioned woodcraft.

phill4paul
11-17-2013, 08:18 AM
That an awesome hat on that bowhunter there Icy!

RJB
11-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Post of the day, Icy!

Girls don't respond well to over feminization either.

Icymudpuppy
11-17-2013, 10:22 AM
That an awesome hat on that bowhunter there Icy!

That's my little Brony. :) He's eight.

donnay
11-17-2013, 10:57 AM
I absolutely hate that this country has turned into a melting pot of mashed potatoes. Just the other day, I was telling my mother, "where are all the men?" I am so sick of the flamboyant flancing-around fairies at every given and turn. I am also sick of all the butch bully bitches too. This country is so turned around it isn't funny. We have role reversals-- men acting like women and women acting like men--it's crazy. Father's staying home and raising their kids while mom is the bread winner? WTF? There is seriously something wrong with this picture. Every day I witness this behavior I feel that sooner or later I will wake up from this nightmare. Unfortunately, it is not a nightmare but reality. :(

I also think this is a grand conspiracy against suppressing the tribal instincts that men naturally have. They are being conditioned at very early ages, by the food they are eating, the water their drinking and the schooling they are forced into and the medications they are forced to take.

Suzanimal
11-17-2013, 12:45 PM
I loved your post but I think the Bush and Rumsfeld references are from my other "pussification" thread. :)

The fact that boys acting like boys brought that kind of response just shows how far off track we have become, I also think your husbands response was great. :D

Sorry:o, I read both articles and combined them in my brain.