PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz was right all along: GOP colleagues haven't apologized for stabbing him in the back

Coolidge/Dawes '24
11-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Article here (http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/11/14/ted-cruzs-gop-colleagues-havent-apologized-for-stabbing-him-in-the-back-even-though-he-was-right-all-along/).

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyhaHQO-DZHIVQuRA_uLOUvjGxoBEWUSKVMpZkWHF6TcF0cZtmuQ

Six weeks ago, the GOP establishment and their apparatchiks in punditry were engaged in full-scale war against Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and the effort to defund Obamacare.

Even though none of the establishment's dire warnings about the apocalyptic consequences of a government shutdown ever materialized - Ted Cruz tells Mark Levin that his treacherous colleagues haven't apologized for their misguided, often mean-spirited attacks.

"The people who I think that are owed an apology are the millions of Americans, who for months rose up and said 'save us from this disaster of a law.'"

FrankRep
11-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Before people start attacking Ted Cruz, I just want to say that the GOP establishment is pushing Chris Christie, the "moderate."

ClydeCoulter
11-14-2013, 08:08 PM
That's the problem, though, isn't it? It always seems that the good stuff doesn't get done, but there is always a hero trying. And that makes "us" feel better.

Edit: how many times have you cheered on the congressman/woman chewing out the liars and thieves at the tables in front of them. But what gets done about it?

Icymudpuppy
11-14-2013, 08:14 PM
I for one appreciate Ted Cruz's efforts. However, I will still not support any establishment republican. The establishment didn't back him at all. Rand at least took a turn during the filibuster.

FrankRep
11-14-2013, 08:22 PM
I for one appreciate Ted Cruz's efforts. However, I will still not support any establishment republican. The establishment didn't back him at all. Rand at least took a turn during the filibuster.

Ted Cruz is too radical for the establishment. They want Chris Christie.

thoughtomator
11-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Cruz nearly fucked us big time. Lucky for everyone Obamacare was such a massive disaster that it overshadowed Cruz' fuckup.

enhanced_deficit
11-15-2013, 01:53 AM
He claims to be a Christian, he should just turn the other Cheek and move on. No need to turn all CUFI Pastor John Hagee/Syrian-Iran invasion pettiness on American public for sympathy.

Rudeman
11-15-2013, 03:37 AM
The problem is the "moderates" will always undercut any principled conservative/liberty stand, they did it against Rand's filibuster, they did it against Cruz and Lee and they'll do it for anyone else. Doesn't mean you don't fight, but you have to be politically savvy.

enhanced_deficit
11-15-2013, 04:29 AM
The problem is the "moderates" will always undercut any principled conservative/liberty stand, they did it against Rand's filibuster, they did it against Cruz and Lee and they'll do it for anyone else. Doesn't mean you don't fight, but you have to be politically savvy.

Question is.. is Cruzer a principled conservative or an unprincipled neocon / supporter of tax payers funded occupation of Palestinians / non-understander of causes of WTC1-2-7 attacks / TSA gropes at sports stadiums/airports etc (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?425453-Change-Only-9-Americans-support-US-military-intervention-in-Syria&p=5196150&viewfull=1#post5196150)?