PDA

View Full Version : 4 new Paulians tonight!

colecrowe
11-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I was shocked--I thought it was horrible but they assured me I was very wrong. It must be where I'm coming from. My father in law, mother in law, uncle, and grandfather in law all decided definitely for Ron Paul tonight--two lifelong Republicans and two hardcore Democrats (mother in law a JFKer and grampa an FDRer). I've been talking about him for a week, but they hadn't decided UNTIL TONIGHT (they hadn't watched any debates or really followed the races at all until the Vegas debate and now this one). RON PAUL REALLY FIRED THEM UP, and the rest of them made them so sick and tired, and boiling mad--same as the Democrats did in Vegas. You should have seen their reaction when McCain said we didn't lose Vietnam, and that public opinion lost it for us. They were outraged. And the best reaction of the night by far--it is what people want to hear more than anything else ever, "Washington didn't change me." They thought all the other candidates were only pandering, flip flopping, attacking and defending histories. Plus they are all against the war (one of them, maybe two, supported it in the beginning).

So I guess I was very wrong. THIS SHOULD REALLY FIRE US UP. Anyone else have the same experience?

bbachtung
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the "unbiased" voters' opinions.

Mental Dribble
Washington didn't change me was a GREAT line!

wgadget
Thanks...I needed that!

NoxTwilight
11-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks - really helps hearing that.

d991
11-28-2007, 10:22 PM
I was shocked--I thought it was horrible but they assured me I was very wrong. It must be where I'm coming from. My father in law, mother in law, uncle, and grandfather in law all decided definitely for Ron Paul tonight--two lifelong Republicans and two hardcore Democrats (mother in law a JFKer and grampa an FDRer). I've been talking about him for a week, but they hadn't decided UNTIL TONIGHT. RON PAUL REALLY FIRED THEM UP, and the rest of them made them so sick and tired, and boiling mad--same as the Democrats did in Vegas. You should have seen their reaction when McCain said we didn't lose Vietnam, and that public opinion lost it for us. They were outraged. And the best reaction of the night by far--it is what people want to hear more than anything else ever, "Washington didn't change me." They thought all the other candidates were only pandering, flip flopping, attacking and defending histories. Plus they are all against the war (one of them, maybe two, supported it in the beginning).

So I guess I was very wrong. THIS SHOULD REALLY FIRE US UP. Anyone else have the same experience?

That's great news. But consider people who didn't know or hear about Ron Paul before this debate. You were lucky because you can explain the positions to your family. Did you see the "independent" voter CNN interviewed after the debate? He said he wasn't sure but Giuliani really sounded good to him. Of course I'm going to support Ron Paul, but being realistic Giuliani did NOT win that debate and seemed shaky and weak on more than a couple answers. And the types of questions Ron Paul received were totally unfair. How could you even form an opinion on his positions, he barely got to speak about them. They let him talk about conspiracy theories and if he'd run as a 3rd party candidate. Oh and a bit on Iraq just to get some confrontation with the other candidates to boost ratings.

Melissa
11-28-2007, 10:24 PM
I agree lots of people are saying and emailing nasty things to all sorts of people. I think he did a great job most people only watch these but get lost when the fight or just talk to technical. Dr. Paul I think came off the most normal and that is enough who cares about time I really believe for once even with little time to answer Dr. Paul did the best about answering questions and explaining some of the questions about his campaign that concerns people and not like a politican.

Rhys
hopefuly we'll just keep telling people we know. Like the man says, "the message is powerful."

Austin
This makes me feel good. Thank you.

ape
11-28-2007, 10:25 PM
that 'washington didn't change me' line really got mccains panties in a twist. He went after Paul afterwards.

Alabama Supporter
11-28-2007, 10:26 PM
I think we reached some "virgin" ears tonight to Ron Paul's message. Especially the young people who tuned in because it is Youtube.

colecrowe
11-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Everyone came out looking horrible in different ways, even Huck a little bit thanks to Fred's desperate gaffe. Hopefully McCain was really discredited to a lot of people by his stupid "the American people lost the Vietnam war for us" yeah--the government was doing great, we could have won it and it would have all been definitely worth it. Because Vietnam would be free and peaceful now and the world wouldn't have been taken over by Communism. Oh yeah, it is, and that didn't happen. So, why did we lose 55,000 troops, AND WE SHOULD HAVE SENT MORE AND MORE? The front runners should have lost a lot of trust with all their back and forth attacks.

This will be a great boon to us. They are self destructing. And Ron Paul looks incredibly genuine.

My father in law said, "he's the only one who never makes any excuses for himself"

Ron Paul doesn't hedge, and he is against the Washington establishment. He has integrity and can't be changed. That fires people up. Hopefully it got them interested. What could they have gotten interested in about the other candidates? It's all the same flip-flop, lying, hedging, attacking....

This is so encouraging. I am definitely doing 500 for the tea party instead of 250. My grandpa and father in law are giving at least a hundred a piece...they didn't want to until tonight because they didn't think he had a chance in hell.

Arklatex
11-28-2007, 10:33 PM
I was glad to hear the Dr say "There's an revolution out there!"

thegearbox
11-28-2007, 10:39 PM
I've been trying to pass the word to friends and family for weeks now, and all are too stuborn to even care. I've lost almost all hope. I just don't get it. They seem to like no freedom, over taxation, etc. Am I just missing something?