PDA

View Full Version : Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

CaseyJones
11-13-2013, 01:38 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/13/gop-erases-9-point-deficit-generic-congressional-b/

In just six weeks, Republicans have completely erased a 9-point deficit in a generic congressional ballot question and are now running even with Democrats.

Thirty-nine percent of registered voters say they would vote for a Democrat in their district — and the same percentage say they would vote for a Republican — if elections for the U.S. House of Representatives were held today, according to numbers from a Quinnipiac poll released Wednesday.

Last month, Democrats had held a nine-point advantage on the same question, 43 percent to 34 percent.

Independent voters favored Democrats in October, 32 percent to 30 percent, but now favor Republicans by a 37 percent to 26 percent margin.

That’s not to say voters are wildly impressed with either party; 20 percent approve of the way congressional Republicans are handling their jobs, compared with 73 percent who disapprove. Interestingly, 30 percent approve of how Democrats in Congress are handling their jobs, compared to 62 percent who disapprove.

A similar split is evident in voters’ opinion of both major political parties. Thirty-eight percent have a favorable opinion of the Democratic Party, compared to 48 percent who have an unfavorable opinion. Meanwhile, 31 percent have a favorable opinion of the Republican Party, with 54 percent holding an unfavorable opinion of the GOP.

A majority of voters don’t like how top congressional leaders are handling their jobs: 58 disapprove of House Speaker John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican, 55 percent disapprove of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, and 52 percent disapprove of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat.

thoughtomator
11-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Ted Cruz arriving to do something colossally stupid to save the Dems in 3.... 2.... 1....

Original_Intent
11-13-2013, 01:55 PM
translation: the propaganda didn't take.

jkob
11-13-2013, 01:56 PM
the GOP shouldn't of gave up

thoughtomator
11-13-2013, 02:12 PM

The "shutdown" was the wrong fight to pick. Rand knew this which is why he wasn't into it.

ZENemy
11-13-2013, 02:13 PM

The charade of the left / right paradigm needs to GIVE UP!

You are either for freedom or control of your fellow man, make your choice and stick to it! I'm so sick of these political sacks of shit.

phill4paul
11-13-2013, 02:14 PM
http://www.netanimations.net/Moving-animated-clip-art-picture-of-pendulum-x-bpm-2.gif

CaptLouAlbano
11-13-2013, 02:18 PM
I can't find a link to the internals. Did anyone see those? I would be interested in seeing what the polling data says for those who are viewing the GOP as favorable, but at the same time view Boehner as unfavorable. That is the most informative stat of where we are right now.

CaptLouAlbano
11-13-2013, 02:20 PM

Truth be told, only the establishment gave up. In the House only 87 members of the GOP caucus voted with the Dems to end the shutdown.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll550.xml

mad cow
11-13-2013, 03:04 PM
I can't find a link to the internals. Did anyone see those? I would be interested in seeing what the polling data says for those who are viewing the GOP as favorable, but at the same time view Boehner as unfavorable. That is the most informative stat of where we are right now.

http://www.conservativeintel.com/2013/11/13/q-poll-part-ii-under-29-voters-lean-republican-for-2014-conservative-voters-account-for-low-gop-ratings/

Under 29 voters is promising.
I think that is 99% Obamacare.

JK/SEA
11-13-2013, 03:11 PM
So this means Justin Amash will be speaker soon....right?.....right?....

SilentBull
11-13-2013, 03:59 PM
I love how quickly these people switch sides. Freaking morons. These swing voters are the problem. Brain-dead idiots.

jllundqu
11-13-2013, 04:34 PM
They are called sheeple for a reason.

Nothing in this country will ever be fixed until a vast majority of Americans are awake and value individual liberty more than free shit.