PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney: Reward states for holding primaries, not caucuses

tsai3904
11-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Mitt Romney has a good idea for the Republican Party he briefly led in 2012: Its nominating process should reward states that hold primaries rather than caucuses.

“I’m concerned that there’s an effort on the part of some to move toward caucuses or conventions to select nominees, and I think that’s a mistake,” Romney told the Globe recently. “I think we should reward those states that award delegates to the convention based upon primaries. Primaries are the place where you see whose message is connecting with the largest number of people.”

More:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2013/11/13/romney-prescription-for-gop/OsQk5TRJm5tIYTdZMGdpzK/story.html

Mahkato
11-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Caucuses reward candidates with a smaller number of high-information supporters. Primaries reward candidates with a larger number of low-information voters.

FSP-Rebel
11-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Primaries are the place where you see whose message is connecting with the largest number of people (RE: proletariat, chumps, worker bees, scum, etc).
We all know how these overlords think of us and they don't want the ones with any sense or intelligence having excessive influence over their election process. Caucuses and conventions for all I say!!

JK/SEA
11-13-2013, 11:56 AM
wouldn't this put a chill on grassroot efforts?...

Todd
11-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Caucuses reward candidates with a smaller number of high-information supporters. Primaries reward candidates with a larger number of low-information voters.

Which is why Mitt would like this.

CPUd
11-13-2013, 01:19 PM
I think the state conventions, and having to ask every time why are these people taking all his delegate seats really got to him. Especially the Mass. GOP.

thoughtomator
11-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Romney: It's not fair if you can't simply buy the nomination.

specsaregood
11-13-2013, 01:24 PM
I prefer caucus because they are paid for by the parties themselves. Since they are essentially private affairs (choosing the party nominee) I don't see why taxpayers should have to pay for the process via primaries.

VBRonPaulFan
11-13-2013, 03:22 PM
I prefer caucus because they are paid for by the parties themselves. Since they are essentially private affairs (choosing the party nominee) I don't see why taxpayers should have to pay for the process via primaries.

+1. also, does anyone really care what Romney thinks? why are people even bothering to interview him?

devil21
11-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Which is why Mitt would like this.

Mitt is mouth-piecing for the RNC, imho. The ivory tower wants all primaries and that plan was laid out at last year's RNC winter meeting.

Lucille
11-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Who asked him anyhow? And didn't he and his lawyers already cause enough problems for the grassroots and the state affiliates during that sham of a convention?

satchelmcqueen
11-13-2013, 10:02 PM
just watch. the gop is going to start changing how the voting happens to marginalize any kind of grass roots efforts.

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Well...I don't give a shit about anything you have to say, Mr. Romney.

Fuck you.

No one else does either. The lesser of two evils needs to close his goddamn mouth.

Teenager For Ron Paul
11-13-2013, 10:45 PM
What an asshole.

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Did I go too far, Teenager For Ron Paul? :-}

Teenager For Ron Paul
11-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Did I go too far, Teenager For Ron Paul? :-}
lol I was talking about Romney, not you.

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Sorry 'bout that, amigo! That NWO scumbag just gets my dander up. The Republican party needs to get it through their heads - embrace the Liberty voter or become irrelevant. I can't put it any simpler than that.

We were not responsible for Mitt Dickbrain's pathetic showing in the '12 election. The GOP did that themselves when they chose their paymasters over the American citizens that would have beaten a path to the voting booth despite hell or high water to vote for someone who was concerned about the basics: personal accountability and property, liberty, and a government that stayed within its constitutional boundaries. They offered Obama Lite, and lost. Not our fucking fault.

They can fuck with the rules as much as they want to, bottom line is, offer the citizens a nominee that isn't beholden to the globalists, and they will fucking STEAMROLL whoever the Democrats trot out in 2016 - and that includes that festering pile of shit in a pantsuit, Hillary Clinton.

fr33
11-14-2013, 12:34 AM
If they don't, the party will just go to the national convention and gavel over the dissenters, whether they have the numbers or not.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-14-2013, 12:41 AM
why can't Romney shut up and just enjoy his rich life, bastard

belian78
11-14-2013, 08:03 AM
wouldn't this put a chill on grassroot efforts?...
Sure would.

belian78
11-14-2013, 08:07 AM
just watch. the gop is going to start changing how the voting happens to marginalize any kind of grass roots efforts.

It'll be ok though. Just vote for the person with the R next to their name, scratch your back scratch my back kinda thing. CaptLou and Frank tell us its gonna be unicorns and lolipops if we do.