PDA

View Full Version : Plane crash kills son of Oklahoma Sen. Inhofe

RPfan1992
11-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe’s son, Perry Inhofe, a Tulsa orthopedic surgeon, died Sunday in a plane crash, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel confirmed late Monday.

"I was deeply saddened to learn that Senator Jim Inhofe's son Perry was killed in a plane crash this weekend," Hagel said "My thoughts and prayers are with Jim and Kay and their family as they mourn this terrible loss."

The younger Inhofe, 52, reportedly crashed near Owasso, Okla., a northern suburb of Tulsa.

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol said it was waiting for the medical examiner to identify the crash victim. Neither Senator Inhofe nor his office have released any statement about the crash.

The Tulsa International Airport said the pilot of the twin-engine plane issued an alert at 3:45 p.m. Sunday asking for immediate assistance, then crashed five miles north of the airport in a wooded area.

Inhofe’s plane had left Salina, Kansas and was making the 43-minute flight to Tulsa when the accident occurred, according to FlightAware.com.

Justin Allison of Tulsa, who was flying a plane minutes behind the one that crashed, told Tulsa World he heard air traffic controllers report that a plane in front of him had experienced engine failure.

“I couldn’t hear the pilot, but I heard the tower declare an emergency for him,” Allison said. “Which is a red-flag raiser, because usually the pilot will declare the emergency. It makes you wonder what was going on in that cabin.”

According to the Federal Aviation Administration, Perry Inhofe was a licensed pilot and flight instructor.

His father, a Republican senator, is also an avid pilot with more than 11,000 flight hours. Inhofe is a U.S. Army veteran and is the ranking member of the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/11/plane-crash-kills-oklahoma-sen-inhofe-son/

acptulsa
11-11-2013, 11:31 PM
His father, a Republican senator, is also an avid pilot...

And a freaking nutcase. He recently landed on a runway that was under repair and full of construction equipment and workers, apparently because he was simply too impatient to wait his turn to land.

Any merely mortal, human pilot would have had his ticket jerked for a stunt like that. Makes one wonder if the younger Inhofe was sober at the time of the crash.

I saw the news of this crash, but this is the first I saw that it was Crazy Man Inhofe's son.

'A senator's son arrested for banditry. Why, people are liable to think it's hereditary.'--Will Rogers

Danke
11-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Mechanical failure or ran out of gas, either way, you can't fly on one engine with at altitude (ground underneath you) and still crash, you suck.

acptulsa
11-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Agreed. If it could be done in a P-38, it can sure be done in an MU-2.

Maybe he was too arrogant to go learn how to deploy the flaps and keep the nose down. Or daddy just bought him more airplane than he could handle.

Ender
11-12-2013, 12:26 AM
WTH is with all the arrogant hate? The guy died and let's just call him a stupid mofo.

He was a licensed pilot and a flight instructor. How about a little empathy.

Cutlerzzz
11-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Rip

RonPaulFanInGA
11-12-2013, 12:38 AM
WTH is with all the arrogant hate? The guy died and let's just call him a stupid mofo.

But, but...he was related to someone with whom I disagree!!!! :rolleyes:

Danke
11-12-2013, 12:53 AM

It is not hate, it from a seasoned fighter pilot who has instructed in both the military and for the largest civilian airline in the world tired of incompetent customers paying their way into receiving a license, becoming "commercial pilots," and many times killing others that had believed in the government vetting process. It makes us all look bad.

tangent4ronpaul
11-12-2013, 01:05 AM
RIP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_MU-2#Safety_Concerns

Safety Concerns[edit]
Concerns have been raised about safety; there have been 330 fatalities from MU-2 crashes.[10] As of October 2005, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has begun a safety evaluation of the aircraft and decided that the aircraft has met its certification requirements - it is safe when operated by properly trained pilots who operate properly maintained aircraft. The FAA is in the process of mandating training specific to the MU-2 as it has in the past for other aircraft. When such mandated training was required outside of the U.S. the MU-2 accident record was vastly improved.
Because the MU-2 offers very high performance at a relatively low cost, some of its operators lack sufficient training and experience for such an advanced aircraft.
A design feature of the MU-2 is its high cruise speed while having a low landing speed. This is accomplished by using full-span, double-slotted flaps on the trailing edge of the wing. These flaps give the MU-2 a wing area comparable to a Beech King Air in landing configuration while having a wing area comparable to a light jet while in cruise mode. The full-span flaps meant that over-wing spoilers were employed instead of conventional ailerons. These spoilers are highly effective, even when the MU-2 wing is stalled. Some fatal accidents have occurred because normal engine-out procedures for light twin aircraft are not effective when flying the MU-2. The commonly taught procedure of reducing flap following an engine failure on take off leads to a critical reduction in lift in the MU-2 due to the highly effective double-slotted flaps. When pilots were taught to retain take-off flap and to reduce climb rate in the event of an engine failure, MU-2 accident rates reduced to almost nil.
From an FAA press release:
The FAA began an aggressive safety evaluation in July 2005. The evaluation is performing a detailed review of accidents, incidents, airworthiness directives, service difficulty reports, safety recommendations and safety reports. It also is examining pilot training requirements, the history of the aircraft's commercial operators and possible engine problems. The goal is to identify the root causes of MU-2 accidents and incidents and determine what, if any, additional safety actions are needed.
In early 2008, the FAA issued a Special Federal Air Regulation (SFAR) directed at MU-2B operations. Pilots flying this aircraft after that date (current MU-2 pilots would have a year to come into compliance) were required to receive type-specific initial training, as well as recurrent training. It also required that a fully functional autopilot be available for single-pilot operations, and that FAA-approved checklists and operating manuals be on board at all times. Also unusual for this SFAR, pilot experience in other aircraft types cannot be used to comply with MU-2 operational requirements - for instance, the requirement to perform landings within the preceding 90 calendar days before carrying passengers is altered by this SFAR to require those landings be made in the MU-2.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_MU-2#Incidents_and_accidents

On 10 November 2013, an MU-2-2B-25 crashed in a field in Owasso, OK, 1 is confirmed dead by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. It is later announced that the deceased is Dr. Perry Inhofe, son of Senator Jim Inhofe, a Senior Republican Senator from Oklahoma [22]

-t

Danke
11-12-2013, 01:15 AM
I'll add. Do you shop around online to get the cheapest doctor to perform your surgery? But you do it for airfare, right?

What really makes me laugh is Paul Wellstone. Mr. champion of labor, right? Well he loved to fly on a non-union airline that pushed pilots. His favorite pilot by request was a former nurse that wanted a career change. Personality over competence. Love those liberals. I had a buddy that briefly worked there. He was Military trained in that type of aircraft (King Air/C-12) and even he would refuse to fly similar aircraft (but had differences) that he was not checked out on. The stories he can tell. But hell, under out current system, fly on any carrier that may not have the highest standards but does have the cheapest fare. The government has your ass, right?

I laugh. Go ahead, shop Priceline, but cancel your insurance policy, why waste the money?

leverguy
11-12-2013, 06:02 AM
This guy was a highly regarded pediatric surgeon who also held a degree in electrical engineering from Duke. Its likely that he was smarter than any of you who are so quick to condemn him as stupid. I'd expect more circumspect analysis than from RPFers than the "rich douche had it coming" crap I've seen so far. What a bunch of stereotypically arrogant and small-minded responses. Grow up.

acptulsa
11-12-2013, 07:43 AM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/inhofe-scared-crap-out-airport-workers-192645

A pattern of Our Overlords seeming to believe that the laws they write they are too good to obey (never mind normal standards of behavior) is worthy of both comment and condemnation. The incident reported in that link is enough by itself, but the fact that the senator seems to have taught his son that he didn't need to listen to the FAA either (or he'd have listened when they said MU-2 pilots needed to have a little specialized training) is further evidence. Well, the Senior Senator from Oklahoma may have taught his son to be too cocky for the law, but he couldn't teach him to be too inhumanly infallible or too bulletproof to obey the law (or even take suggestions here and there).

Unfortunately, most Oklahomans will feel too sorry for Inhofe to see that this is further evidence of his sociopathy. Too bad. The nation would be better off if he retired. I know my state could come up with someone better.

FindLiberty
11-12-2013, 12:56 PM
It's too bad the pilot(s) could not land safely.

Come on RPFers, it's not nice to attack (dead) people. But, it's OK to talk about procedure and angle of attack regarding a crash. That's a way to learn IMO... So here goes.

IDK, was that a twin engine aircraft? I'm just a unlicensed hack, a former Ultralight pilot (sits in modified lawn chair seat hoping the Cuyuna snowmobile engine does not sputter-out) and I don't know the "proper" way to deal with a twin engine aircraft, but I have a strong gut hunch it's safer to just kill the remaining good engine (to match the thrust from the dead one) during a take-off engine failure emergency 'cause there's no way to keep the power on, keep wings level, fly in a straight line while keeping up airspeed/climbing and flying away from the situation. I'll bet it's far better to just ditch it going forward (maintaining whatever air speed is still available by taking whatever glide slope is necessary) and get back on the ground somehow.

Gravity and ground impact are the two killer forces to fear the most (unless the plane is on fire and you are F'd toast anyway).

In a landing or level flight engine failure situation, the good engine side is going to going to try to lift it's wing side and/or twist forward and quickly max out the two control surfaces (rudder and aileron) so engine power must be reduced immediately and an emergency landing (or ground arrival) site quickly selected (while still maintaining airspeed and limited control).

There's probably no way to maintain speed/altitude, fiddle with restarting the bad engine instead of maintaining control, and still make it back to the airport without losing control and crashing, especially while applying full power to the good engine! I think this applies to most twin engine aircraft (unless, like in the case of a business jet, the two engines are built into the tail and very close to the centerline of the aircraft, or maybe those old DC3s with their huge rudder-vertical control surface and relatively close-set engines could possibly take off and climb while running on only one engine). Maintaining control is probably more important that not having enough thrust/power to fly on one engine. It's possible to land any aircraft (including the space shuttle and helicopters) with no engine power at all if the situation allows it.
Jake Bray told the Tulsa World newspaper that he saw the crash from about 400 yards away, saying one propeller appeared to be out before "it started spiraling out of control and it hit the ground." IF the right engine was out, I bet it spun in clockwise.

pcosmar
11-12-2013, 01:10 PM
RIP

I second that..

but from your wiki link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...afety_Concerns

Safety Concerns
Concerns have been raised about safety; there have been 330 fatalities from MU-2 crashes.
Does not give me the warm fuzzies.

As of October 2005, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has begun a safety evaluation of the aircraft and decided that the aircraft has met its certification requirements

Well,, that makes it all better.:rolleyes:

X=Number of planes built,, X=number of dead in crashes... but procedures were followed and bribes were paid.

Danke
11-12-2013, 01:31 PM
It's too bad the pilot(s) could not land safely.

Come on RPFers, it's not nice to attack (dead) people. But, it's OK to talk about procedure and angle of attack regarding a crash. That's a way to learn IMO... So here goes.

IDK, was that a twin engine aircraft? I'm just a unlicensed hack, a former Ultralight pilot (sits in modified lawn chair seat hoping the Cuyuna snowmobile engine does not sputter-out) and I don't know the "proper" way to deal with a twin engine aircraft, but I have a strong gut hunch it's safer to just kill the remaining good engine (to match the thrust from the dead one) during a take-off engine failure emergency 'cause there's no way to keep the power on, keep wings level, fly in a straight line while keeping up airspeed/climbing and flying away from the situation. I'll bet it's far better to just ditch it going forward (maintaining whatever air speed is still available by taking whatever glide slope is necessary) and get back on the ground somehow.

Gravity and ground impact are the two killer forces to fear the most (unless the plane is on fire and you are F'd toast anyway).

In a landing or level flight engine failure situation, the good engine side is going to going to try to lift it's wing side and/or twist forward and quickly max out the two control surfaces (rudder and aileron) so engine power must be reduced immediately and an emergency landing (or ground arrival) site quickly selected (while still maintaining airspeed and limited control).

There's probably no way to maintain speed/altitude, fiddle with restarting the bad engine instead of maintaining control, and still make it back to the airport without losing control and crashing, especially while applying full power to the good engine! I think this applies to most twin engine aircraft (unless, like in the case of a business jet, the two engines are built into the tail and very close to the centerline of the aircraft, or maybe those old DC3s with their huge rudder-vertical control surface and relatively close-set engines could possibly take off and climb while running on only one engine). Maintaining control is probably more important that not having enough thrust/power to fly on one engine. It's possible to land any aircraft (including the space shuttle and helicopters) with no engine power at all if the situation allows it. IF the right engine was out, I bet it spun in clockwise.

You do not reduce the power on the remaining engine, and in some cases you might increase it. Engine out procedures (takeoff, landings, etc.) are practiced all the time. With my company, it is every 9 months.

FindLiberty
11-12-2013, 01:49 PM
You do not reduce the power on the remaining engine, and in some cases you might increase it... OK I'll try to remember that tip if I ever need it. ;-> But what happens if you can't keep that one wing (with the power) from rolling up and/or can't compensate for the yaw? Are you trained to reduce the power then?

Ender
11-12-2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/inhofe-scared-crap-out-airport-workers-192645

A pattern of Our Overlords seeming to believe that the laws they write they are too good to obey (never mind normal standards of behavior) is worthy of both comment and condemnation. The incident reported in that link is enough by itself, but the fact that the senator seems to have taught his son that he didn't need to listen to the FAA either (or he'd have listened when they said MU-2 pilots needed to have a little specialized training) is further evidence. Well, the Senior Senator from Oklahoma may have taught his son to be too cocky for the law, but he couldn't teach him to be too inhumanly infallible or too bulletproof to obey the law (or even take suggestions here and there).

Unfortunately, most Oklahomans will feel too sorry for Inhofe to see that this is further evidence of his sociopathy. Too bad. The nation would be better off if he retired. I know my state could come up with someone better.

Get over yourself; the son is not the father.

The article specifically stated that they did not hear from the pilot- maybe he had a heart attack or something that incapacitated him. We will probably never know- but to ASSume is pretty pointless and certainly heartless.

There but for the grace of God go you...........

Danke
11-12-2013, 01:54 PM
OK I'll try to remember that tip if I ever need it. ;-> But what happens if you can't keep that one wing (with the power) from rolling up and/or can't compensate for the yaw? Are you trained to reduce the power then?

If that were the case, the plane wouldn't be certified as airworthy. I believe, since I have never heard of such a thing.

qh4dotcom
11-12-2013, 02:26 PM
This guy was a highly regarded pediatric surgeon who also held a degree in electrical engineering from Duke. Its likely that he was smarter than any of you who are so quick to condemn him as stupid. I'd expect more circumspect analysis than from RPFers than the "rich douche had it coming" crap I've seen so far. What a bunch of stereotypically arrogant and small-minded responses. Grow up.

Since he was a US senators son and probably had influence on him....Was he doing anything to change the heart and mind of his corrupt politician father who voted to extend the Patriot Act?

leverguy
11-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Since he was a US senators son and probably had influence on him....Was he doing anything to change the heart and mind of his corrupt politician father who voted to extend the Patriot Act?

Do the sins of the father carry over to the son? I'd imagine he spent too much time either with his own family or helping other people's children to have much time to play the political game. And what if he had tried to influence his father? Would it have done any good? How would anybody know anyway? My dad was a supervisor in our state's department of human services and I'm an engineer. We really didn't try to influence each other in our respective professional lives since there wasn't any overlap to speak of. This guilt by involuntary association thing (you don't get to pick your parents) is pretty hypocritical among libertarians. I'd never even heard of the man before this incident so I can't say whether he was a great guy or a total jerk, but because I can't I'm not ready to jump to any conclusions either way.

acptulsa
11-12-2013, 10:15 PM
If that were the case, the plane wouldn't be certified as airworthy. I believe, since I have never heard of such a thing.

And with good reason. There are many aircraft engines powerful enough for one to power an aircraft that size. On this aircraft, emergency redundancy is the whole reason that aircraft has more than one engine.

Do the sins of the father carry over to the son?

No. But the son can certainly serve as an indication of the father's attitudes, because fathers do teach their sons. And the fact is that this person, who does seem to have been a better and more useful man than his father, seems to have learned some of his father's general contempt for listening to those who know better than they do. It shows all through the senator's entire career, as well as in his own flying habits. And if the good doctor (may he rest in peace) refused to learn the unique characteristics of the MU-2 even though he owned and flew one, that seems indicative that he was taught some of this same arrogance.

Which was all I was trying to say.

HOLLYWOOD
11-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Since he was a US senators son and probably had influence on him....Was he doing anything to change the heart and mind of his corrupt politician father who voted to extend the Patriot Act?Senator Inhofe was recently on C-SPAN's Washington Journal... he was a complete Authoritarian Ass to all the callers challenging him everything from the Patriot Act, NDAA, Wars, to supporting Apartheid Israel. He was rude and basically didn't care what people called him out upon..

I presume Karma

Ender
11-12-2013, 10:34 PM
And with good reason. There are many aircraft engines powerful enough for one to power an aircraft that size. On this aircraft, emergency redundancy is the whole reason that aircraft has more than one engine.

No. But the son can certainly serve as an indication of the father's attitudes, because fathers do teach their sons. And the fact is that this person, who does seem to have been a better and more useful man than his father, seems to have learned some of his father's general contempt for listening to those who know better than they do. It shows all through the senator's entire career, as well as in his own flying habits. And if the good doctor (may he rest in peace) refused to learn the unique characteristics of the MU-2 even though he owned and flew one, that seems indicative that he was taught some of this same arrogance.

Which was all I was trying to say.

All of that is presumption.

WHERE does it indicate that the son "seems to have learned some of his father's general contempt for listening to those who know better than they do."

I know many people who are NOTHING like their parents and to make these kinds of assumptions, over someone people here know NOTHING about, says a whole lot more about the assumers than the dead man.

Just sayin'.

acptulsa
11-13-2013, 06:35 AM
All of that is presumption.

WHERE does it indicate that the son "seems to have learned some of his father's general contempt for listening to those who know better than they do."

I know many people who are NOTHING like their parents and to make these kinds of assumptions, over someone people here know NOTHING about, says a whole lot more about the assumers than the dead man.

Just sayin'.

And your statements here are pretty presumptuous too...

Just sayin'

Ender
11-13-2013, 02:11 PM
And your statements here are pretty presumptuous too...

Just sayin'

Show me where it says that he didn't obey instructions.

pcosmar
11-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Show me where it says that he didn't obey instructions.

Posted in the thread already.

A design feature of the MU-2 is its high cruise speed while having a low landing speed. This is accomplished by using full-span, double-slotted flaps on the trailing edge of the wing. These flaps give the MU-2 a wing area comparable to a Beech King Air in landing configuration while having a wing area comparable to a light jet while in cruise mode. The full-span flaps meant that over-wing spoilers were employed instead of conventional ailerons. These spoilers are highly effective, even when the MU-2 wing is stalled. Some fatal accidents have occurred because normal engine-out procedures for light twin aircraft are not effective when flying the MU-2. The commonly taught procedure of reducing flap following an engine failure on take off leads to a critical reduction in lift in the MU-2 due to the highly effective double-slotted flaps. When pilots were taught to retain take-off flap and to reduce climb rate in the event of an engine failure, MU-2 accident rates reduced to almost nil.

"Spinning in" impact suggests that he did not follow instructions.
( although other causes are possible,, they are also less likely)

That plane can land with one engine or Glide with none.

TaftFan
11-13-2013, 03:37 PM
I advise some of you to start working out (or workout harder). You'll burn off that hate and get a nice body while doing it.

Ender
11-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Posted in the thread already.

"Spinning in" impact suggests that he did not follow instructions.
( although other causes are possible,, they are also less likely)

That plane can land with one engine or Glide with none.

I understand the instructions but it doesn't prove the pilot was a butt who thought he knew better than everyone else.

The MU2 has a record of accidents and is known to take 150% of a pilot's attention in a hazardous situation. With one engine out it can be quite dangerous for even a pretty skilled flyer.

Maybe the guy did have an ego from here to Jupiter, or maybe he wasn't paying close enough attention, or maybe he had a heart attack. The thing is that NO ONE REALLY KNOWS and I find it appalling at the judgement heaped on a dead man because no one likes his father.

pcosmar
11-13-2013, 03:53 PM
I understand the instructions but it doesn't prove the pilot was a butt who thought he knew better than everyone else.

The MU2 has a record of accidents and is known to take 150% of a pilot's attention in a hazardous situation. With one engine out it can be quite dangerous for even a pretty skilled flyer.

Maybe the guy did have an ego from here to Jupiter, or maybe he wasn't paying close enough attention, or maybe he had a heart attack. The thing is that NO ONE REALLY KNOWS and I find it appalling at the judgement heaped on a dead man because no one likes his father.

There is an old saying,, "the nut doesn't land far from the tree".
Yes there are exceptions,, but it is commonly true.
People pick up habits from parents.

And yes it is an assumption in this case,, I don't know the guy.

Brett85
11-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Man, some of these comments are just cold.

Saint Vitus
11-13-2013, 07:39 PM
I feel sorry for his son, but honestly, I don't feel any more sorry for him than I do for any of the Filipinos or any one else who died today.

Senator Inhofe is an awful human being, and Coburn pretty much sucks too. My old representative Tom Cole is shit as well. I'm so glad I moved out of Oklahoma, besides South Carolina, that state breeds the worst Republicans in the country. Complete and total MIC hacks, very supportive of the welfare-state, and also mixed with extreme social conservatism.

FloralScent
11-13-2013, 07:41 PM
But, but...he was related to someone with whom I disagree!!!! :rolleyes:

You're right, it should've been his dad.

Ender
11-13-2013, 07:53 PM
I feel sorry for his son, but honestly, I don't feel any more sorry for him than I do for any of the Filipinos or any one else who died today.

Understood- I have a family friend in the Philippines who has been found safe- and I am very grateful.

Just have never understood personal attacks and innuendos showing such a lack of love and empathy for one's fellowman- especially when no one even knows him.

pcosmar
11-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Understood- I have a family friend in the Philippines who has been found safe- and I am very grateful.

Just have never understood personal attacks and innuendos showing such a lack of love and empathy for one's fellowman- especially when no one even knows him.

Perhaps because if it had been Joe Shmo the used car salesman that had crashed a plane,,it wouldn't have gotten any more than one paragraph on a back page of the local fish wrapper.

Henry Rogue
11-13-2013, 08:32 PM
I don't know what his altitude was when the trouble started, but if he was above 12 thousand (10 if he was a smoker) and he lost pressure, he could have had hypoxia.

Brett85
11-13-2013, 08:42 PM

Senator Inhofe is an awful human being, and Coburn pretty much sucks too. My old representative Tom Cole is shit as well. I'm so glad I moved out of Oklahoma, besides South Carolina, that state breeds the worst Republicans in the country. Complete and total MIC hacks, very supportive of the welfare-state, and also mixed with extreme social conservatism.

What makes him an aweful human being? Do you just designate that label to anyone you don't completely agree with politically?

pcosmar
11-13-2013, 08:53 PM
What makes him an aweful human being? Do you just designate that label to anyone you don't completely agree with politically?

He was involved in the cover up of Iran Contra,, and impeded questioning and investigation at that time.
That is my first memory of him,, I'm pretty sure a list of offenses could be compiled.

Brett85
11-13-2013, 09:18 PM
He was involved in the cover up of Iran Contra,, and impeded questioning and investigation at that time.
That is my first memory of him,, I'm pretty sure a list of offenses could be compiled.

I'm sure a list of offenses could be compiled for all of us as human beings. I'm pretty sure that none of us have lived a perfect life and have never done anything wrong.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2013, 09:20 PM
This thread does not reflect well on the liberty movement.

acptulsa
10-24-2014, 06:36 AM
The investigation results were released yesterday--a week and a half before the election, which is interesting timing. The younger Inhofe was attempting to land the airplane on one engine. There was nothing wrong with either engine.

sparebulb
10-24-2014, 08:20 AM
The investigation results were released yesterday--a week and a half before the election, which is interesting timing. The younger Inhofe was attempting to land the airplane on one engine. There was nothing wrong with either engine.

Let me know if there is any change in his condition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGWwiqbBZzM