PDA

View Full Version : Politician proposes home searches for gun safety

Brian4Liberty
11-11-2013, 01:45 PM
The next step after gun registration...

"It's for the children!"

“We’re from the government and we’re here to inspect your guns!”

In America, it sounds crazy. Here in Massachusetts, it’s just another day in liberal paradise.

Last week, Swampscott Selectman Barry Greenfield proposed the idea of mandatory home inspections for the town’s 600 licensed gun owners. He mentioned the Newtown massacre. He mentioned children’s safety.

There is no record, however, of Selectman Greenfield mentioning the Constitution.

Massachusetts law requires gun owners to store their firearms safely. Greenfield is frustrated with the inability of local cops to push their way into local homes and have a look around without all that “probable cause” and “search warrant” nonsense.

“We need the ability to enforce the state law,” the selectman said, adding that he’s discussed the matter with Swampscott Police Chief Ron Madigan.
This isn’t a Second Amendment issue. It’s a Fourth Amendment one — unreasonable search and seizure. If Swampscott residents who don’t own guns sit back and allow this to happen, they’ll be playing their role in the famous parable of Martin Niemoller:

“First they came for the gun owners, but I didn’t own a gun … ”

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/columnists/2013/11/graham_selectman_could_use_refresher_on_constituti on

Snew
11-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Watertown, USA

ZENemy
11-11-2013, 01:53 PM
What we allow is what will continue.

Christian Liberty
11-11-2013, 01:55 PM
This isn’t a Second Amendment issue. It’s a Fourth Amendment one — unreasonable search and seizure. If Swampscott residents who don’t own guns sit back and allow this to happen, they’ll be playing their role in the famous parable of Martin Niemoller:

Should the gun owners let it happen either? I don't think so. The Constitution is a higher rule of law than the government of this Mass. town.

Brian4Liberty
11-11-2013, 02:09 PM

aGameOfThrones
11-11-2013, 02:17 PM
puerto rico has this

limequat
11-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Lol, I say we encourage this.
Except instead of searching for legal guns that exist, search for illegal guns that don't exist. I.e; search EVERY home in Mass.
See how those fuckers like it when Officer Friendly's sniffing their wife's panties.

presence
11-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Can you see it?

http://conservbyte.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/gun_barrel-300x142.jpg

Elias Graves
11-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Can you see it?

http://conservbyte.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/gun_barrel-300x142.jpg

Looks safe to me.

Tod
11-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Sounds like an inherently unsafe thing to be doing. A fellow could get shot messing with someone else's guns.

mrsat_98
11-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Can you see it?

You might have dope in it. Sorry wrong hole.

ctiger2
11-11-2013, 06:54 PM
I think they should start with Barry Greenfield's house. No warrant/no probable cause necessary. Just barge on in at 3AM and proceed to sodomize his entire drug-hiding family.

DamianTV
11-11-2013, 07:08 PM
... without all that “probable cause” and “search warrant” nonsense

Typical Neocon.

Be afraid of the Freedom to own Guns.

Henry Rogue
11-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Wow, just wow.

Henry Rogue
11-11-2013, 08:55 PM

“First they came for the gun owners, but I didn’t own a gun … ”

It isn't the military that protects people's freedom, it is the Gun Owners.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-11-2013, 09:05 PM
It was alleged that Ross Perot said something similar about drugs. He wanted to do drug sweeps in certain Dallas neighborhoods. I'm sure Perot will deny it to his dying day, but I'd bet a wheelbarrow full of money that he said it.

eduardo89
11-11-2013, 09:21 PM
puerto rico has this

The US Constitution does not apply fully in unincorporated territories.

Cleaner44
11-11-2013, 09:22 PM
What a douche...

Founded by a Massachusetts Selectman, EfficientGov is led by a group of local government enthusiasts with first hand knowledge of the pressures facing municipalities across the U.S.

Barry Greenfield, Founder
Founder Barry Greenfield is a community innovator, an elected town official, and a seasoned media veteran. Barry has served in both senior editorial and sales publishing roles, including vice president of business development and sales at USAToday.com. Previously, he co-founded and led an early online gaming company, Interactive Intertainment, which provided solutions to The New York Times Company Digital, Knight-Ridder, Hearst Media, Microsoft, and others. Most recently, he was a senior executive at Compliance Week, an information service on corporate governance that was acquired by London-based Haymarket Media.

A graduate of Northwestern, and an elected Selectman in the town of Swampscott, Mass., Barry has been an outspoken advocate of more efficient, streamlined, innovative local government. He coaches in his copious spare time, and lives in Swampscott with his wife and two sons.

Phone: (855) 433-3468 EXT.101
Email: bgreenfield@efficientgov.com
http://efficientgov.com/management/

Mani
11-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Hmmmmm.....

What could POSSIBLY go wrong with this????

Roided up cops showing up any time of the day or night...busting down your down looking for guns and hopped up on caffeine pills and adrenaline with the "KILL ZONE" mentality in their head...Just waiting to shoot someone....

Ya....I don't see what could go wrong with this scenario...

Scrapmo
11-12-2013, 04:30 AM
This is why I have never bought a gun if I had to do a background check and have never applied for a concealed carry permit.

bolil
11-12-2013, 06:37 AM
This is why I have never bought a gun if I had to do a background check and have never applied for a concealed carry permit.

By even saying that you may as well have done both. Just saying.

Scrapmo
11-12-2013, 06:43 AM
By even saying that you may as well have done both. Just saying.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130711173509/clubpenguin/images/7/7a/Homer-simpson-doh.gif

But, if we are going to go that route, it was too late for me years ago.

mz10
11-12-2013, 09:33 AM
They tried to pull crap like this in Westford and it backfired on them miserably. This bastard isn't gonna be a selectman much longer.

Todd
11-12-2013, 12:06 PM
“We need the ability to enforce the state law,”

If you need to violate a person's rights in order to "enforce the state law", then that law is probably a violation of a person's rights to begin with.

Pericles
11-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Sounds like an inherently unsafe thing to be doing. A fellow could get shot messing with someone else's guns.
I invite Barry to personally come by to inspect mine for proper function.

Keith and stuff
11-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Makes sense. Folks in PR, MA, CA and IL want you to die. They want your guns to be taken, They want your money to enrich the local police. And they want your body to rot and then be eaten by maggots. These are the goals of the evil statists.

aGameOfThrones
11-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Makes sense. Folks in PR, MA, CA, LA and IL want you to die. They want your guns to be taken, They want your money to enrich the local police. And they want your body to rot and then be eaten by maggots. These are the goals of the evil statists.

Hey, if a common criminal can come in to your house, check your guns, possibly take them for safe keeping, hurt you in the process out of safety concerns and all of that without probable cause or a search warrant, then the state's interest in licensing those actions is justified.

jtap
11-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Barry Greenfield, Barry Obama and whomever else will stay the hell out of my house or else they won't have to go looking for my guns.

jbauer
11-13-2013, 09:41 AM

Oh hell, wait till the "peace officer" unintentionally discharges your legal shotgun and kills or hurts himself. Guess who's going to prison?

ZENemy
11-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Bare arms. Not "have a rifle for hunting" BARE ARMS! The term was used for a reason as was this one:

in·fringe
(n-frnj)
v. in·fringed, in·fring·ing, in·fring·es
v.tr.
1. To transgress or exceed the limits of; violate: infringe a contract; infringe a patent.
2. Obsolete To defeat; invalidate.