PDA

View Full Version : Debate - Thoughts and Future Actions.

ApathyCuredRP
11-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Like many, I first learned about Ron Paul through the internet through videos on Youtube and articles via Digg. Tonight was the first debate that I have watched for this term of presidency and a couple of things stand out to me.

1. Obviously, MSM is very biased and push the candidates that "the establishment" want or prefer. The threat that arises with this is that people do not want to waste their vote for a candidate that they might agree with. The majority of the US, unfortunately, act like sheep and follow what the "consensus" is in America. In a perfect system, this would be great. However, as we know, this consensus is manipulated, distorted, and out right fraud lated with blatant non democratic processes in our political process.

HOW do you overcome this? Well, as we witnessed on November 5th, the money bomb was pretty successful in acting as a launching pad for Congressman and Doctor Ron Paul. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. WE MUST raise the 12 million dollars at least a week prior to Dec. 16th. After this, all our attention and focus can be set on this remarkable day that should help spread Ron Paul's message and wake up many Americans.

2. Money is a great way to spread the campaign's message, however, this needs to be a SUPPLEMENT to the campaign. We, as individuals, have to spread the word. We have to fight for our freedom and the freedom of the future generations. Many people on this forum believe that the Money Bombs will "Make Ron Paul the clear winner". I do not believe this. If anything, the debate tonight reinforces the message that we have a huge UPHILL battle. This battle has to be fought on the ground by us each and every day. The money we donate is a good supplement to the campaign, but ultimately, the future of our country rests on conversations we have with other people about the good doctor.

Major point: The sickening debate has lit a fire under me, who has been guilty of not doing everything I can, to SPREAD THE MESSAGE. This message can be spread through signs, DVD's, and conversations. BUT WE NEED TO DO THIS WITH A DIFFERENT TARGET AUDIENCE. We own the internet... it is time to move on to the cities and towns.

Donate but more importantly PARTICIPATE!

Midnight77
11-28-2007, 10:12 PM
We know we are a powerful force on the net. The question is ... the GOP likes utilizing their influence on these networks .... now is it time for us to use ours? This is clearly a war going on in this country. Do we hit these networks where it hurts and go after the advertisers?

ApathyCuredRP
11-28-2007, 10:17 PM
I understand that fighting the MSM is a popular opinion amongst many of us. But, what is the best time spent with our time? Would we rather spend a minute talking to an individual and counter the MSM biases... or would we rather spend time mailing the colperts of the bias in HOPES that they "see the light". You might argue to go after the advertisers who pay for the MSM. I am not sure how effective this would be ... just seems like spending the time counter acting the BS that MSM spews is best spent by being out on the ground AS WELL AS the fund raising goal and money bomb.