PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't Rand come to Brannon's defense?

Anti-Neocon
11-09-2013, 09:22 PM
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/07/rand-paul-may-have-had-his-own-writings-plagiarized/

A spokesman for Mr. Brannon did not respond to a emails about the similarities between the two sites Thursday, and Mr. Paul’s office had no comment.
Rand could easily put the media in its place but chooses not to. MSNBC went even so far as to suggest that Rand is a "victim" of Brannon's supposed terrible plagiarism.

LibertyEagle
11-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Damn, you expect him to be everywhere and do everything.

eduardo89
11-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Rand should just say that he let Brannon use the content because they have very similar views without any attribution necessary.

specsaregood
11-09-2013, 10:24 PM
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/07/rand-paul-may-have-had-his-own-writings-plagiarized/

Rand could easily put the media in its place but chooses not to. MSNBC went even so far as to suggest that Rand is a "victim" of Brannon's supposed terrible plagiarism.

I suspect both Rand and Brannon know that having MSNBC attack you only helps inside the GOP.

Anti-Neocon
11-10-2013, 02:47 AM
Damn, you expect him to be everywhere and do everything.
No, I just expect a little better than "no comment".

Rand should just say that he let Brannon use the content because they have very similar views without any attribution necessary.
I don't think he should lie about it, but he should embrace Brannon's use of his language and communicate that everyone who has the principles of Brannon should be welcomed to take any of Rand's wording that they desire. He could also bring up how they share staffers in common which I assume they do, and that he is sure that Brannon was not aware of where the wording originated. Brannon shouldn't be left alone to talk himself out of this situation which shouldn't even be one. Also, by pointing out the sheer ridiculousness of the media trying to paint him as a victim when he in fact welcomes the use of his language, he can score a victory over the media in response to their attacks on him for "plagiarizing Wikipedia".

I suspect both Rand and Brannon know that having MSNBC attack you only helps inside the GOP.
They should also know that attacking MSNBC or any facets of the "liberal media" make you a conservative hero. It doesn't get much more red meat than attacking the media.

FrankRep
11-10-2013, 08:51 AM

The New York Times plays divide a conquer. Anti-Neocon, you're letting the liberals pull you around by the nose.

Anti-Neocon
11-10-2013, 01:14 PM
The New York Times plays divide a conquer. Anti-Neocon, you're letting the liberals pull you around by the nose.
I'm not letting anyone pull me anywhere. Rand is the one who is. He could identify the divide and conquer, and respond to it, but instead he's letting it fester.