PDA

View Full Version : Repopulating the GOP

gnuschler
11-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Many folks here may be well versed in taking over state and local parties at the precinct level, but the concept was new to me. However, considering how many precinct captain slots that remain vacant, and how little control we seem to have over the national GOP, there would seem to be a lot of work still to do. A recent FreedomWorks blog discussed the merits: http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/lheal/repopulating-the-gop

Would you like to start winning elections without compromising limited government principles? It wil take a little bit of cooperation, and probably some gritted teeth. You need to do as I have done, and join your local Republican committee.

Many grassroots activists, conservative and libertarian idealists (http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/lheal/our-friends-the-establishment-conservatives) are disillusioned with the Republicans. The near-constant bashing of the Tea Party from the insider realists (http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/lheal/our-friends-the-establishment-conservatives) has many thinking the GOP ought to be allowed to fade into irrelevance.

But the Republican Party is not going away any time soon. With a little help, it could be the conservative, energized party it ought to be. It would be great if other organizations joined with FreedomWorks and urged their members to repopulate the GOP (http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/kristina-ribali/a-third-party-is-not-the-goal-repopulating-the-gop) as well.

Are you a member, or fan of one of these grassroots organizations? Consider taking a few hours a year and joining with fellow activists in the Republican Party. If just 200,000 of us did this, we could change the direction of the Party and win elections while staying true to our beliefs.

When outside group members join their local party committees, they don't quit their outside groups. They merely become more effective.

The Precinct Project Blog: http://theprecinctproject.wordpress.com/

This Strategy will require you to attend a Republican Party monthly meeting where you live and spend a few hours before the primary and general election either walking your precinct or making Get Out The Vote (“GOTV”) phone calls on behalf of a candidate. If you can’t commit to a few hours a year to save your liberties, don’t read on, as this Strategy is not for you. If the future of your country is worth a few hours a month outside your comfort zone, then please read on.

The Neighborhood Precinct Committeeman Strategy provides a template for good, decent, conservative Americans to unite and organize politically to help Get Out The Vote (“GOTV”) for the best conservative candidates in the all-important, traditionally-very-low turn out primary elections and to change the Republican Party from a half-strength, ideologically-split, ineffective political party into a full-strength, solidly conservative GOTV colossus.

torchbearer
11-09-2013, 11:18 AM
learn what to do in your state to get plugged in.

Matt Collins
11-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Yep, pretty much.

compromise
11-09-2013, 11:56 AM
I definitely agree with this. I hope more people from RPF join and work within their local Republican Party chapter. We need as much power as possible within all levels of the party before 2016.

FSP-Rebel
11-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Nice to see FW pushing this. I know they have a lot of members but I just wonder how many of them are really active. I have a profile on their site and have tried networking w/ dozens of their members in and around my area but it appears only a small percentage have active profiles. This is kind of the problem w/ the average person that has in tuned political beliefs: they'll sign up for something then it all gets lost in their daily lives and only a portion follow through. It is what it is but this is where conservatives and libertarians will have their most affect as we become many more times more influential than just pulling the voting lever every two years. Also, as delegates you have control over party leadership at all levels whereas the average voter does not. Furthermore, candidates running for office will give you the extra time a day to hear your thoughts if you're a delegate instead of just placating you as an average voter. If you and your fellow delegates from your district cmte have voted in like minded local leadership you'll be able to have better control over your state reps and senators by way of endorsements/funding or lack their of. For instance, our local state rep is in fear of our district cmte members and votes accordingly.

Czolgosz
11-09-2013, 12:48 PM
the GoP has owners, they won't let you change their business model.

Rocco
11-09-2013, 02:15 PM
This is a common misconception that I wish people didn't have. The advice given in the article is the most important advice a libertarian could possibly hear. If you go into the GOP committee meetings with the mentality that you are going to help the party and build alliances you can accomplish a lot of things, even towards policy ends. For example, I got elected chairman of my towns GOP and had full control over our slate of candidates for 2013. We actually had a Ron Paulite unsuccessfully run for county legislator (very liberal area), and she got the nomination largely due to my influence. I have a great relationship with the folks in my county GOP and honestly have never concealed my libertarianism to any extent (I've even said in meetings that I favored marijuana legalization and gay marriage). The trick is, as with anything else, to make yourself irreplaceable. I am now moving on to the step of incorporating more campaign for liberty people in the county GOP, and I strongly hope more others get involved as well.

Matt Collins
11-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Just show up with enough people who are willing to fight, and you'll win. I've proven that many times, here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2m35LxPWs0

erowe1
11-09-2013, 04:49 PM

The idea is to conquer them and not give them a choice.

Bastiat's The Law
11-09-2013, 05:46 PM
This should be one of our top priorities.

gnuschler
11-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Nice to see FW pushing this. I know they have a lot of members but I just wonder how many of them are really active. I have a profile on their site and have tried networking w/ dozens of their members in and around my area but it appears only a small percentage have active profiles. This is kind of the problem w/ the average person that has in tuned political beliefs: they'll sign up for something then it all gets lost in their daily lives and only a portion follow through.

I think that is “par for the course” … a small percentage may be political activists, but they can sure can generate a ton of emails, phone calls, etc. to Congressmen and Senators in a short period of time.

I continue to believe that the Ron Paul movement needs a home or umbrella under which it can organize, and I continue to think that Campaign For Liberty has proven insufficient. Instead, I think we should utilize FreedomWorks as that home:

Since the ouster of Dick Armey last year, FreedomWorks has become much more libertarian.
Following Armey’s ouster, they added Sound Money and Civil Liberties to their stated issues, and scored the vote on Justin Amash’s NSA bill.
Much to my surprise, they came out against the Syrian strike (I figured they would take no position), and suggested they would score that vote as well.
FreedomWorks recently published the results of a poll that suggested the Republican Party is being realigned towards libertarian values*

Among the major conservative grassroots organizations, FreedomWorks would seem to offer the best fit for the Ron Paul movement.

*“FreedomWorks Poll Finds Big-Tent Libertarian Values at the Highest Level in a Decade” … http://www.freedomworks.org/press-releases/freedomworks-poll-finds-big-tent-libertarian-value (just in case Rachel Maddow is viewing this)

speciallyblend
11-10-2013, 06:47 AM
I definitely agree with this. I hope more people from RPF join and work within their local Republican Party chapter. We need as much power as possible within all levels of the party before 2016.

not needed anymore, remember you are gonna move to my county and represent the gop for me now. rpf has it covered.

Koz
11-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I agree, if everyone in the libery movement did this it would be a vastly different Republican party in a few years. We are slowly infiltrating our Republican Central and Executive Committees. I just got appointed to the Executive Committee and already people are knocking on my door asking for endorsements. I am happy to interview them and shoot them down.

erowe1
11-11-2013, 09:39 PM
I agree, if everyone in the libery movement did this it would be a vastly different Republican party in a few years. We are slowly infiltrating our Republican Central and Executive Committees. I just got appointed to the Executive Committee and already people are knocking on my door asking for endorsements. I am happy to interview them and shoot them down.

Let's not say "everybody."

There are some people we'd probably rather not be the face of our movement in their GOPs.

PaulConventionWV
11-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Many folks here may be well versed in taking over state and local parties at the precinct level, but the concept was new to me. However, considering how many precinct captain slots that remain vacant, and how little control we seem to have over the national GOP, there would seem to be a lot of work still to do. A recent FreedomWorks blog discussed the merits: http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/lheal/repopulating-the-gop

The Precinct Project Blog: http://theprecinctproject.wordpress.com/

Repopulating? We'll need millions of men scoring around the clock. I'll do my part...

Feeding the Abscess
11-12-2013, 01:22 AM
Repopulating? We'll need millions of men scoring around the clock. I'll do my part...

With the amount of single moms popping up as a result of that strategy, seems to me that you'll be breeding democrats.

philipped
11-14-2013, 06:30 PM
With the amount of single moms popping up as a result of that strategy, seems to me that you'll be breeding democrats.

Plz stop.

acptulsa
11-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Romney doesn't seem to want to repopulate the GOP--unless he can find more cheerleaders...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?433299-The-GOP-s-Primary-Shakeup-Plot