• Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)
• Rep. David Valadao (R-Calif.)

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/sunday-talk-show-tip-sheet-99600.html

Christie will be on four Sunday shows.

RonZeplin
11-08-2013, 06:06 PM
on Univision

• Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)

Princess Palin tripped on the "path to citizenship" on Univision. . It will be interesting to see if Rand has any intention of obeying the Constitution. It's doubtful that enforcing the law will be mentioned.

Article IV, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion

libertarian101
11-09-2013, 03:06 PM
I really hope Rand says he is not for pathway to citizenship and save him self from committing political suicide . Even Rubio had to do a U turn. If he says he is for it, he should be prepared to lose his national primary and his senate seat to tea party challenger.

Brett85
11-09-2013, 03:26 PM
He's always been in favor of "immigration reform," but not the kind of reform passed by the Senate. He doesn't support all of the civil liberties violations contained in that law and actually wants to secure the border before any legalization or path to citizenship. As long as Rand doesn't actually vote for any comprehensive immigration reform bill, it won't hurt him politically. He's doing the smart thing by taking a moderate position on the issue.

FrankRep
11-09-2013, 03:29 PM
I really hope Rand says he is not for pathway to citizenship and save him self from committing political suicide . Even Rubio had to do a U turn. If he says he is for it, he should be prepared to lose his national primary and his senate seat to tea party challenger.

I still hear Conservatives slamming Rand Paul over him toying with the idea of "pathway to citizenship" last year.

Please don't do that again, Rand.

eduardo89
11-09-2013, 03:31 PM
He's always been in favor of "immigration reform," but not the kind of reform passed by the Senate. He doesn't support all of the civil liberties violations contained in that law and actually wants to secure the border before any legalization or path to citizenship. As long as Rand doesn't actually vote for any comprehensive immigration reform bill, it won't hurt him politically. He's doing the smart thing by taking a moderate position on the issue.

I don't see his position as moderate, I see it as conservative.

1) He supports national security by getting the border secure and stemming the mass amounts of illegal immigration and smuggling.
2) He's compassionate on that he understands that we can't simply round up every single person who came over illegally or overstayed their visa. It would destroy families and lives.
3) He supports allowing those who want to work to be able to work legally
4) He's fiscally conservative in that he wants to end the welfare state for illegals and new immigrants (immigrants should be self sufficient and be barred from welfare until at least they are citizens, such is the case in Canada)
5) He's conservative in that he wants to protect the bill of rights by opposing e-verify and national IDs as well as other intrusive measures
6) He's fiscally conservative in that he doesn't want to spend billions on a losing effort to round up 10+ million people

Im sure there are other points that make his position the conservative one.

whoisjohngalt
11-09-2013, 04:18 PM
I still hear Conservatives slamming Rand Paul over him toying with the idea of "pathway to citizenship" last year.

His pathway to citizenship was allowing people who are here to wait in the same line for citizenship as people who aren't currently here. So it's not punitive like most of the xenophobes and racists would prefer, but it's a far cry from a "pathway to citizenship".

Unless you would would like him to come out for a repeal of all immigration, legal or otherwise. I know there are a lot of people who are made giddy by the thought. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. That is not even close to the average GOP voter's position.

eduardo89
11-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Hmm..I can only get the Spanish version of the interview...Don't think many people are interested in that.

torchbearer
11-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Hmm..I can only get the Spanish version of the interview...Don't think many people are interested in that.

anyway to quickly subtitle?

eduardo89
11-10-2013, 01:15 PM
anyway to quickly subtitle?

There's an English version without the dubbing over Rand's voice, but I can't get it to load. I have to watch the video over a proxy because, ironically for a Spanish-language TV-station, it's not available for viewing in South America... :rolleyes:

torchbearer
11-10-2013, 01:16 PM
There's an English version without the dubbing over Rand's voice, but I can't get it to load. I have to watch the video over a proxy because, ironically for a Spanish-language TV-station, it's not available for viewing in South America... :rolleyes:

anyway I can help from north america?

jhon
11-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Ron Paul proposed the following action steps for dealing with illegal immigration:

Abolish the welfare state. The incentive to take a job at whatever wage available must prevail.
Establish a generous visitor work program. Once we solve the economic crisis by introducing sound money, demand for domestic and immigrant labor will rise.
Enforce the laws on the books with more border guards. Allow states and landowners to enforce the law and provide security assistance.
Abolish birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants. [Current U.S. citizens will not be affected. Instead, babies born to illegals after a future cutoff date will no longer gain automatic U.S. citizenship. They will still have citizenship in their parents' home countries.]
End all federal mandates on the states to provide free education and medical care for illegal immigrants.: http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/border-security/

VoluntaryAmerican
11-10-2013, 05:59 PM
tube

http://noticias.univision.com/al-punto/videos/video/2013-11-10/rand-paul-quiere-ser-presidente

anaconda
11-10-2013, 09:58 PM
It looks like the previous interview...(??)

jhon
11-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Where Libertarians Go Wrong on Immigration by Nelson Hultberg: http://afr.org/where-libertarians-go-wrong-on-immigration/

Brett85
11-11-2013, 07:15 AM

You can never win a general election if you try to cater to those people. Just ask Mitt Romney.