PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get the political class to listen to you? Impact an election (Sarvis)

Matt Collins
11-08-2013, 02:55 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2013/11/06/the-real-way-to-get-politicians-to-liste

Krzysztof Lesiak
11-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Sarvis was a bad candidate and couldn't even achieve his goal of 10%. I wish Cuccinelli had won. It could have been done had the GOP establishment not left their candidate to the four winds.

phill4paul
11-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Sarvis was a bad candidate and couldn't even achieve his goal of 10%. I wish Cuccinelli had won. It could have been done had the GOP establishment not left their candidate to the four winds.

Sarvis, as a candidate for the LP, was actually extraordinary. 6.5% ain't no joke for a third party in this duopoly.

MichaelDavis
11-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Sarvis, as a candidate for the LP, was actually extraordinary. 6.5% ain't no joke for a third party in this duopoly.

You're delusional if you think 1/15th of the vote is a good showing. The Libertarian Party is a damn joke.

puppetmaster
11-08-2013, 07:27 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2013/11/06/the-real-way-to-get-politicians-to-liste
Only if you believe that the outcome was not EXACTLY as they wanted it to be.

Saint Vitus
11-08-2013, 07:32 PM
You're delusional if you think 1/15th of the vote is a good showing. The Libertarian Party is a damn joke.

That was an excellent showing for the LP and it is only going to continue to go up.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2013, 07:34 PM

They weren't going to support him. He wasn't establishment.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2013, 07:34 PM
That was an excellent showing for the LP and it is only going to continue to go up.

Yeah, if they can get funded by the Democratic Party again.

phill4paul
11-08-2013, 07:37 PM

For a third party? He got 6.5%. That is amazing. 3.5% more and that would have guaranteed a slot on the ballot box. Call me delusional. I don't think I am. You're welcome to argue against my reasoning but please don't call me names. It sets me all a tither.

Mr.NoSmile
11-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Guys, are you going to let yourselves get bogged down by this blame game? Election's over. McAuliffe is Governor-Elect, and no amount of finger-pointing or blaming is going to get him out of that seat once he's in it. Why not use the energy for other battles? Not saying you can't express your opinions, but at this point, what does it accomplish?

phill4paul
11-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Yeah, if they can get funded by the Democratic Party again.

What did the GOP offer? Or more specifically, the GOP didn't offer a damn thing because the GOP didn't even offer their own candidate a damn thing in their closing weeks.
There's already been post on here outlining, from the LP director, where the money came from and how it was spent. Truth? Who knows. This is politics. This is conspiracy.

phill4paul
11-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Guys, are you going to let yourselves get bogged down by this blame game? Election's over. McAuliffe is Governor-Elect, and no amount of finger-pointing or blaming is going to get him out of that seat once he's in it. Why not use the energy for other battles? Not saying you can't express your opinions, but at this point, what does it accomplish?

Funny thing. I've yet to hear anyone on these forums say they are happy that McAuliffe won.