PDA

View Full Version : San Jose Police Department Fudging Gang Numbers

UpperDecker
11-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Gang crime in the city of San Jose is down in all categories this year, according to the San Jose Police Department.

City officials credit their enhanced gang suppression efforts over the summer, which included police saturation of known gang hotspots and the Mayor’s Gang Task Force stepping up.

That made gang suppression the headline of the summer in San Jose and, according to SJPD press releases, it paid off.

However, inside sources at the department told NBC Bay Area that SJPD is misleading the public about gang violence with those numbers.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/San-Jose-Police-Department-Gang-Stats-Misleading--230888141.html

Snew
11-08-2013, 02:40 PM
shocker!

HOLLYWOOD
11-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Government will LIE at all levels if it means favorable propaganda headlines and sustained-increases in government departmental budgets/funding.

aGameOfThrones
11-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Roland 'Prezbo' Pryzbylewski: Making robberies into larcenies. Making rapes disappear. You juke the stats, and majors become colonels. I've been here before.

Ender
11-08-2013, 04:01 PM
I never trust "inside sources" w/o names or faces, whether they are negative or positive tattle-tales.

HOLLYWOOD
11-08-2013, 04:02 PM
San Jose continues to make the headlines, eh?

Fraud, Corruption, Racketeering, Bribery, Unions, Fat Pensions, Cost Overruns, Contract Rigging...

Just another tick on the map of the typical Government Cesspool.

UpperDecker
11-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I never trust "inside sources" w/o names or faces, whether they are negative or positive tattle-tales.

True, but if you go to the main page for the "Investigation Unit" there is now a headline that reads: "San Jose Police Admit Crime Statistics Are Inaccurate", so take that as you will.

UpperDecker
11-08-2013, 04:19 PM
San Jose continues to make the headlines, eh?

Fraud, Corruption, Racketeering, Bribery, Unions, Fat Pensions, Cost Overruns, Contract Rigging...

Just another tick on the map of the typical Government Cesspool.

Yeeeaaaahhhh lol, I can't wait to get out of here ASAP.