PDA

View Full Version : Cuccinelli Wins Voters, 18-24, by 6 Points

EBounding
11-07-2013, 07:36 PM
In addition to Independents and married women. I wonder how that happened? :toady:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/06/Cuccinelli-Wins-18-24-YOs-by-6-Points

This is certainly not the accepted narrative. According to exit polls, Republican Ken Cuccinelli defeated Democrat Terry McAuliffe by six points, 45-39, among voters aged 18-24. Libertarian candidate Robert Sarvis earned 15%, which isn't surprising. President Obama has received overwhelming support from young voters, but that backing didn't transfer to McAuliffe.

On a broader measure of young voters, those 18-29, McAuliffe edged Cuccinelli, but just by five points. Among this larger group, McAuliffe received 45%, Cuccinelli 40%, and Sarvis 15%. This larger group includes those voters 25-29 who likely cast their first presidential ballot in Obama's 2008 campaign. That group seems to retain some of the glow of that campaign and McAuliffe beat Cuccinelli by 15 points among these voters.

The change in voting behavior by those younger, though, is surprising. Democrats spent millions branding Cuccinelli as too extreme and conservative for Virginians. Democrats claimed Cuccinelli was anti-gay and wanted to outlaw abortion and ban contraception, presumably messages that would appeal to young voters. These messages didn't did take with the youngest voters, though.

It could be that these voters' anxiety about the economy and their future trumped the Democrats' appeals on social issues. It could also be, however, that not having been around for the first Obama election, they don't know what all the fuss was about.

Their vote is definitely up for grabs.

rp08orbust
11-07-2013, 07:43 PM
It could also be that Ron Paul had some influence.

klamath
11-07-2013, 07:49 PM
It could be that they AREN'T obsessed with gays, dope, freak lifestyles and killing their offspring like the last crop of young people were.

jtstellar
11-07-2013, 08:13 PM
lol

you mean they've gotten over the 30 year old deadbeat men and victim fantasy women we have on this board cheerleading for team purple?

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 08:20 PM
It could be that they AREN'T obsessed with gays, dope, freak lifestyles and killing their offspring like the last crop of young people were.

They don't care about liberty for all, only for themselves. That's how I read it.

specsaregood
11-07-2013, 08:26 PM
They don't care about liberty for all, only for themselves. That's how I read it.

You might need some lasik then. I happen to know an excellent ophthalmologist.

klamath
11-07-2013, 08:31 PM
They don't care about liberty for all, only for themselves. That's how I read it. No they care about the highest liberty of all. The right to life.

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 08:33 PM
No they care about the highest liberty of all. The right to life.

Not so much

http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_notches/2bd64e2e-968d-4943-8bd8-fb65e82539ba-abortionstatx-inset-community.jpg

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 08:34 PM
You might need some lasik then. I happen to know an excellent ophthalmologist.

Given your screen name, I'm sure you do....LOL Not necessary, my eyesight is fine.

Brett85
11-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Great news.

jtstellar
11-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Not so much

http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_notches/2bd64e2e-968d-4943-8bd8-fb65e82539ba-abortionstatx-inset-community.jpg

2008, age up to 44, and women?

you mean people that voted something 30 percent for ron paul versus high 60s counterpart? who cares what they have to say, if we all go to hell in a handbasket, really. once you start listening to their requests it is really over.

klamath
11-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Not so much

http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_notches/2bd64e2e-968d-4943-8bd8-fb65e82539ba-abortionstatx-inset-community.jpgRead the date on your own stupid chart. 2008 DUH! That is the freak generation and even if it wasn't that age group is the most fertile. And to you byline I will never beg for your types of votes and supporters for my candidates. It were activists like you that ensured Ron stayed fringe. You can come a laugh at me when you elect your Libertarian president!

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 08:42 PM
2008, age up to 44, and women?

you mean people that voted something below 30 percent for ron paul? who cares what they have to say, if we all go to hell in a handbasket, really. once you start listening to their requests it is really over.

Yeah, women are the ones having abortions....capiche?

The graph disproves the point in the post to which I replied, so now it's time to ridicule that demographic y'all were celebrating 5 minutes ago. Typical.

James Madison
11-07-2013, 08:42 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/11/05/va.gov.exit.polls.1120p.110513.v2.final%5B1%5D.cop y.pdf

Some other interesting points:

Cuccinelli won the 'white' vote, which was about 3/4ths of the electorate, by 20 points and still lost by several percentage points. That means Cooch lost the minority vote by at least fifty points.
GOP struggled with middle-aged females.
20% said abortion was the most important issue; a majority of those voters went for McAuliffe, which is terrifying.
Spillover from DC is killing a once-beautiful state.

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Read the date on your own stupid chart. 2008 DUH! That is the freak generation and even if it wasn't that age group is the most fertile. And to you byline I will never beg for your types of votes and supporters for my candidates. It were activists like you that ensured Ron stayed fringe. You can come a laugh at me when you elect your Libertarian president!That was a mere 5 years ago. It's not as though it comes from 1945....like your opinions do.

LibertyEagle
11-07-2013, 08:43 PM

You mean special rights for some; including the liberty to kill the unborn. That isn't liberty at all.

LibertyEagle
11-07-2013, 08:44 PM
That was a mere 5 years ago. It's not as though it comes from 1945....like your opinions do.

Hhmmm..... Looks like a personal insult. Since you are so fond of pointing out Bryan's post, do you think this passes the litmus test?

AuH20
11-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Those are pretty startling numbers. I knew this depression would pay some dividends in waking some up, but never like that.

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Hhmmm..... Looks like a personal insult. Since you are so fond of pointing out Bryan's post, do you think this passes the litmus test?

Bryan isn't doing anything about those leveled at me, so I'm assuming he wasn't serious.

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 08:47 PM
You mean special rights for some; including the liberty to kill the unborn. That isn't liberty at all.
I'm pro-life too.... I agree with you there, but it doesn't seem to be that way for the age group in question.

gwax23
11-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Screw young people and their "idealism". I JUST WISH SCHOOLS COULD INDOCTRINATE STATISM BETTER.

Ironically private schools would be more effective at that than state schools.

FrankRep
11-07-2013, 10:23 PM
I remember, as do each of you, when in 2007-8 we were concentrating on common goals instead of fighting with each other.

We all viewed Ron Paul as the leader of the liberty movement back then. These days some outspoken members here like to insinuate that Ron Paul is a liar and lacks judgement. I have to defend Ron Paul daily here on Ron Paul Forums and it's frustrating.

juleswin
11-07-2013, 10:28 PM
This was in spite of the whole nonsense about gays and sodomy laws. I swear if republicans would just focus on fiscal issues, they would win every election anywhere outside Chicago, NY, California and NJ

Voluntarist
11-07-2013, 10:48 PM
The problem is that several groups do not let them concentrate on these things. Do you think Cuccinelli ran on this tripe? He ran on the economy and Obamacare. He didn't take the race into the gutter. If the Republicans ran an atheist transvestite, they would try to paint him as an extremist.

No, he didn't run on those things; but did build a reputation on them. And like photos on FaceBook, they'll come back to haunt. He really didn't make any effort to convince anyone he had changed from those earlier FB photos.