PDA

View Full Version : Senate Update: Karl Rove Fundraising for Greg Brannon's Opponents

blackflag10
11-07-2013, 05:48 PM
He’s calling it “America’s Most Pivotal Senate Race,” and Thom Tillis is bringing in the big guns.

John Frank of Under the Dome reported Thursday morning (http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/11/07/3348697/karl-rove-to-appear-at-three-tillis.html) that GOP strategist and longtime Republican king-maker Karl Rove will be traveling to North Carolina later this month to attend three fundraisers for US Senate candidate Thom Tillis. These three events will be in Cary, Fayetteville, and Charlotte.

This really isn’t surprising considering Tillis attended an American Crossroads meeting last month, and the group launched a web campaign this week targeting Kay Hagan. American Crossroads is the political action committee ran by Rove which spent around $105 million in independent expenditures in the 2012 election cycle. It seems that the Establishment’s poster-boy will be getting plenty of help from Washington.

Karl Rove willing be going down to NC to raise money for Greg Brannon's opponent in the Republican primary. Check out the below link for the full story and to see the awesome graphic that Brannon put up on his Facebook page.

http://www.camharris.us/2013/11/race-to-replace-kay-hagan-part-ii-karl-rove-is-coming-to-town/

eleganz
11-07-2013, 07:49 PM
How the hell does Karl Rove still maintain credibility after being so wrong about Romney in 2012???? I just don't get it.

JakeH
11-07-2013, 08:32 PM
At this point, shouldn't this be GOOD news for Dr. Brannon? Rove is toxic.

FSP-Rebel
11-07-2013, 09:16 PM

Anti-Neocon
11-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Title is misleading because it is only one opponent. It makes the difference between being pro-establishment and anti-Brannon. I bet he would fundraise for other opponents though if it were viable :toady:

JakeH
11-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Title is misleading because it is only one opponent. It makes the difference between being pro-establishment and anti-Brannon. I bet he would fundraise for other opponents though if it were viable :toady:

Don't worry, his friends will be fundraising for Rev. Harris.

Mr.NoSmile
11-07-2013, 11:30 PM
How the hell does Karl Rove still maintain credibility after being so wrong about Romney in 2012???? I just don't get it.

Big names equal big money equal big crowds. And while Rove may be toxic, Tillis still knows Rove would bring in big money to him, regardless of how incorrect Rove has been on races. It'd be advantageous for Brannon if he could shine a spotlight on why he excels as a candidate over Tillis. What Brannon would need is someone like Rand Paul- hell, get Ron to jump in on it too. He hasn't lost his stride and he did just appear for Cuccinelli- to speak for him. But only having the Pauls would most definitely give Brannon that 'outsider' fringe status that folks feel is part of the 'toxic' Tea Party. All they'd do is look to Virginia.

fr33
11-07-2013, 11:53 PM

Big money interests aren't interested in ideology. They want that trough open to themselves.

It's why whomever gets elected to the presidency gets that position and why most people who get elected to congress get there. Those that really run the government have the money to influence useful idiots. Once in a while they get thwarted in their efforts; but that is a rare occasion.