PDA

View Full Version : You May Want to Stay Home This Sunday

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Laurence M. Vance

(http://www.lewrockwell.com/author/laurence-m-vance/?post_type=lrc-blog)

If your church is having a special Veterans Day service. An LRC reader informs me of a note from his church sent to all of its members requesting that all veterans wear their uniforms to church this Sunday so they can be “celebrated” for “service to the country.” Here was the response of the LRC reader, himself a veteran:

Thank you for the kind sentiment, but none of us in the professional military forces were serving our country. We were serving ourselves. We were well paid to assault our fellow man when so ordered by the men who paid us. Our country got taxed by politicians and we collected our share of the loot. That was the extent of our service. So, no uniform for me on Sunday.

Our churches must be demilitarized (http://www.lewrockwell.com/2009/11/laurence-m-vance/how-to-demilitarize-your-church/).

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/you-may-want-to-stay-home-this-sunday/

HOLLYWOOD
11-07-2013, 06:18 PM
This Sunday... participating McCornmick & Schimdts and Morton's Steakhouses are offering a free dinner to veterans.

Of course it's all gone nationalistic... so get yer free fixins VETS at: your neighborhood; Applebees, Chili's, TGIFriday's, Denny's...

http://freebies.about.com/od/freefood/tp/veterans-day-free-meals.htm
http://militarybenefits.info/veterans-day-discounts-sales-deals-free-meals/

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm sure NFL games this weekend are going to be fun to watch.

phill4paul
11-07-2013, 07:03 PM
This Sunday... participating McCornmick & Schimdts and Morton's Steakhouses are offering a free dinner to veterans.

Of course it's all gone nationalistic... so get yer free fixins VETS at: your neighborhood; Applebees, Chili's, TGIFriday's, Denny's...

http://freebies.about.com/od/freefood/tp/veterans-day-free-meals.htm
http://militarybenefits.info/veterans-day-discounts-sales-deals-free-meals/

What I'm doing Monday.

Breakfast: Bob Evans. All I can eat pancakes. Donut and coffee at Krispy Kreme.

Lunch: Blooming onion at Outbacks. Wings from Hooters. Lunch at Texas Roadhouse or Red Robins.

Dinner: App at Red Lobster. Dinner at Olive garden.

ETA: Sheets for a six inch turkey sub for lunch on Tues.

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 07:04 PM
What I'm doing Monday.

Lunch: Blooming onion at Outbacks. Wings from Hooters. Lunch at Texas Roadhouse or Red Robins.

Go get 'em, I say.

phill4paul
11-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Go get 'em, I say.

Lol, I hardly ever eat out. :p

roho76
11-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Hopefully every soldier and veteran goes to every business that supports this shit and take them for everything they've got. Really lay the hero worship on them. Make them feel the financial burden of supporting your nationalism.

oyarde
11-08-2013, 01:10 AM
My VFW had free ham & beans last Mon ......the Friday before , sorry I missed that pork chops , mashed pototoes , two sides $6, not sure about the Legion , missed the ad in the newspaper, LOL

oyarde
11-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Laurence M. Vance

(http://www.lewrockwell.com/author/laurence-m-vance/?post_type=lrc-blog)

If your church is having a special Veterans Day service. An LRC reader informs me of a note from his church sent to all of its members requesting that all veterans wear their uniforms to church this Sunday so they can be “celebrated” for “service to the country.” Here was the response of the LRC reader, himself a veteran:

Thank you for the kind sentiment, but none of us in the professional military forces were serving our country. We were serving ourselves. We were well paid to assault our fellow man when so ordered by the men who paid us. Our country got taxed by politicians and we collected our share of the loot. That was the extent of our service. So, no uniform for me on Sunday.

Our churches must be demilitarized (http://www.lewrockwell.com/2009/11/laurence-m-vance/how-to-demilitarize-your-church/).

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/you-may-want-to-stay-home-this-sunday/

Sounds like a douche bag article , if he does not like his Church , find another.He may feel he was well paid , most would not agree.

oyarde
11-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Hopefully every soldier and veteran goes to every business that supports this shit and take them for everything they've got. Really lay the hero worship on them. Make them feel the financial burden of supporting your nationalism.

My local farm store has a Sat Veterans 10 % off on all in stock weapons , lol

oyarde
11-08-2013, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=phill4paul;5300198]What I'm doing Monday.

I will be working Mon , some calamari and a tall draft sounds good though :)

jdcole
11-08-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm a veteran, and I'm also sick of the hero worship. That being said, I'm going to enjoy my free food.

Veterans are people, too. And a lot of them "figure it out", so to say, after the fact. Veterans for Ron Paul and all that, youknowhaddimsayin'?

moostraks
11-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I would find a different church. I would not attend a church that I had this level of disagreement with them.

Reason
11-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Church.... just another type of state.

Snew
11-08-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm a veteran, and I'm also sick of the hero worship. That being said, I'm going to enjoy my free food.

Veterans are people, too. And a lot of them "figure it out", so to say, after the fact. Veterans for Ron Paul and all that, youknowhaddimsayin'?

Ok, but does that "figuring it out" completely discount the innocent people who died because of them? No, not really.

torchbearer
11-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Ok, but does that "figuring it out" completely discount the innocent people who died because of them? No, not really.

but there is redemption in realizing your immoral acts and changing for real.
we have to be full of forgiveness for those who change.

Christian Liberty
11-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Sounds like a douche bag article , if he does not like his Church , find another.He may feel he was well paid , most would not agree.

I'm honestly not sure if he's talking about his church. Even if he is, though, he might well like his church except for this. I do want to email him and ask him some theological questions though. I know he'd be like a four and a half point Arminian, and most Arminians are dispensational as well (although maybe he isn't.) And most Arminian dispensationalists (I get that there are some exceptions, a couple of whom are on this board) tend to be pro-military and pro-Israel. Vance might be in a position where his theology doesn't really logically line up with his politics, so he may really have no other place to go. I suspect based on some other things he's written that he's also KJV only. So yeah, his politics are definitely better than his theology;)

I may email him and ask him about some of the above, because I'm honestly curious if he's talking about his own church and if he really has any other options, either.

Personally, if the only gospel centered church in my area also had a thing with veterans on veterans day and the like, I probably would attend that church but refuse to attend on those days. However, I would really prefer to have some kind of an alternative. In my situation however, I don't think our church is going to really focus on it much. My dad doesn't quite agree with me on politics, but he understands that church is to honor God, not to honor men (As I've said before, my dad really likes Rand Paul and at least respects Ron, even if he thinks Ron goes too far on some things. So its not like he's a typical red-stater like a lot of America's pastors are.) Its possible that there would be a passing mention, but I don't see any deliberate taking time out of the service to genuflect before the military as being particularly likely. If there is any, of course, I won't participate in it. But I don't think there will be.

Laurence Vance has friends who are veterans who agree with him. So I don't think anyone is denying that vets are people. Those vets who do "get it" later are exceptionally important to our cause. I wouldn't recommend that path to anyone, but someone who already has and who woke up over there has a much stronger testimony to give to young people who are considering joining, or to hero worshippers, than those who did not serve. Like when Laurence gets asked if he "served" he's able to say "No, but I know people who have that agree with me." If he didn't have that, people would have more of an excuse not to take him seriously.

As for the free food thing, I personally don't know if I could bring myself to take it, although that would likely depend on exactly what I had done in the military as well. I wouldn't judge anyone for taking it. But could you imagine the uproar if there was a discount for anyone who could prove they DIDN'T work for the State in any respect? (Whether military, police, whatever). I'm guessing you'd probably be OK with that, but most people would be absolutely TICKED. So, they're total hypocrites.

I would find a different church. I would not attend a church that I had this level of disagreement with them.

I've thought about whether libertarian Christians should split off and form their own churches. Not because of politics, but because of our views on basic morality. I've wondered if we should fellowship with people who disagree with us on basic morality, and to what extent. I mean, we wouldn't fellowship with people who thought homosexuality or adultery wasn't moral, so why do we fellowship with people who don't think that "collateral damage" or mass theft is immoral? I asked Norman Horn that question and he did kind of answer it, but I can't remember exactly what he said.

That said, the gospel is the first priority. I'd take a church that got the gospel right and everything else wrong over a church that got basic morality right but got the gospel wrong.

Christian Liberty
11-08-2013, 01:27 PM

I don't really think this question can accurately be answered. I appreciate the principles behind Blockean Nuremberg Trials, but I think bringing it all the way down to the common soldier is kind of ridiculous. If someone who had actual standing to execute vigilante justice on someone, I wouldn't recommend it but I don't think we could charge them for it either. If a police officer broke into someone's home and arrested them for doing drugs, and one of that person's family members responded by vigilante killing the officer, I don't think it would be libertarian to punish this person for doing that, even if it would be a horrible tactic that I would not recommend. I think that proposition is something that's probably worth discussing though. I do not have definitive answers here. But if libertarians took over the government (And either dismantled it or turned it into a tiny laiseiz faire minarchy, doesn't matter for the sake of this conversation) I wouldn't advocate going and punishing every single person who participated in statism. From the minarchist perspective, to do this would completely destroy the concept of "Minarchy" (It wouldn't be a minarchy anymore), while from the ancap scenario I think it would be impossible and not worthwhile. So I don't condone that, even if I could theoretically justify it.

I also agree that to some extent, your accountability is dependent on what you know. However, ignorance does not ELIMINATE culpability. It may reduce it, but you still have responsibility for your actions. Something to keep in mind.

HOLLYWOOD
11-08-2013, 02:32 PM
What I'm doing Monday.

ETA: Sheets for a six inch turkey sub for lunch on Tues.GESUS... Talk about carb/caloric overload :eek:

I miss Red Robins' "burning love" burgers, jalapeno coins, and bottomless spiced fries, haven't been their in a long time. Denny's also has the, all you can swallow pancakes.

Steakhouse Sunday, Junk Food Monday... this Nationalism-Phony-Hero-Worship-Propaganda is outta control

Snew
11-08-2013, 02:39 PM
I don't disagree with you, and I have massive amounts of respect for those who have turned away from the death cult. Look at Smedley Butler. :cool:

heavenlyboy34
11-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Uh, no. States everywhere HATE churches-which is why they try to destroy them or turn them into puppets. Churches directly contradict States' claims to Absolute Authority and/or morality.

Todd
11-08-2013, 03:04 PM
What I'm doing Monday.

Lol...I joke with guys at work about doing the same thing, and if they want to come along. None are veterans. :D

georgiaboy
11-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Not sure if my church is doing this or not, but it won't keep me from attending Sunday.

I have issues with my government's use of our military for national offense, overseas bases, nation-building, and the associated over-spending.

I don't equate that with the members of my local community who served.

I can find it in my heart to thank these everyday folks for serving the country, putting themselves in harms' way - with some compensation, yes, but harm's way nonetheless - even if I don't agree with our nation's foreign policy of aggression.

I have sympathy for those with permanent physical, mental, and emotional damage, and I wish they did not have to endure such.

Some veterans I know have regret about serving, feeling as though they had been used by the government, while at the same time taking personal pride in giving up a portion of their life for the citizens of their nation where others didn't. I get that and I appreciate it on an individual level. Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for others, or something like that.

Veterans, this civvie (sp?) thanks you.

phill4paul
11-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Lol...I joke with guys at work about doing the same thing, and if they want to come along. None are veterans. :D

A couple Zoomies and I make a day of it. What we don't spend on the food we usually lose out to in drinks. :p

phill4paul
11-08-2013, 05:01 PM
GESUS... Talk about carb/caloric overload :eek:

I miss Red Robins' "burning love" burgers, jalapeno coins, and bottomless spiced fries, haven't been their in a long time. Denny's also has the, all you can swallow pancakes.

Steakhouse Sunday, Junk Food Monday... this Nationalism-Phony-Hero-Worship-Propaganda is outta control

Oh, yeah, gonna feel like shit Tues. But, I never eat out at the "junk food" chains. I figure one day a year stands a pretty high probability of not killing me. And I've never really gotten a feeling of Nationalism about it. Except, of course, the part where the meal is free. Some of these places don't even require an I.D. and even then I've only been asked once for proof by any waitstaff. That was from a relative newbie waitress. Most just go along knowing they usually get a good tip because people think they saved on the meal.

tod evans
11-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Vet here.

Not proud of it.

Not staying home either.

JK/SEA
11-08-2013, 06:08 PM
..i protested the vietnam and gulf wars...i don't get any free shit for that...:rolleyes:

phill4paul
11-08-2013, 06:15 PM
..i protested the vietnam and gulf wars...i don't get any free shit for that...:rolleyes:

Vietnam? So no young protester has ever said, "woah, dude! Vietnam protest. That was back, like, in world woar too and shit. Man, let me, like, blaze you."

I'll trade positions with you now. J/K..see. :p

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-08-2013, 06:40 PM

Yep.

Uh, no. States everywhere HATE churches-which is why they try to destroy them or turn them into puppets. Churches directly contradict States' claims to Absolute Authority and/or morality.

Yep.

Well, I have been to church a few times in my life, and I really dislike crap like this. There is no way a church can be apolitical. It is however, a matter of degree, so actively pursuing nonsense like this bastardizes the meaning of service.

Jesus hisself demonstrated the meaning of service by washing people's feet and other shit jobs like that. Service is not some feel good, social event that can be done vicariously. Redemption is individual, not sociological.

Nobody has a monopoly on service or what it means to "serve." It is certainly not occupation driven. It is also not embodied in mantras of random, kinds acts, or other gushy language. Churches get far too tempted with all of this extraneous stuff. It gets further and further away from the main message.

Uriel999
11-08-2013, 06:51 PM

yup I am such a bad guy I should probably go off myself for wanting to be a Marine. Yeah, so many people died because of me and the fact that though 3 years into my enlistment I have yet to have a combat deployment.

fr33
11-08-2013, 11:13 PM
I'll do my part and go to work on the sabbath, just like I do every sunday.

oyarde
11-09-2013, 01:12 AM
I'll do my part and go to work on the sabbath, just like I do every sunday.

You work on Sat ?

oyarde
11-09-2013, 01:14 AM

Well , yeah , kind of not a whole lot of thought that would take .

oyarde
11-09-2013, 01:17 AM

Maybe , maybe not .Maybe a group of people who can rely on one another and not worry about others.

Christian Liberty
11-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Not sure if my church is doing this or not, but it won't keep me from attending Sunday.

I have issues with my government's use of our military for national offense, overseas bases, nation-building, and the associated over-spending.

I don't equate that with the members of my local community who served.

I can find it in my heart to thank these everyday folks for serving the country, putting themselves in harms' way - with some compensation, yes, but harm's way nonetheless - even if I don't agree with our nation's foreign policy of aggression.

I have sympathy for those with permanent physical, mental, and emotional damage, and I wish they did not have to endure such.

Some veterans I know have regret about serving, feeling as though they had been used by the government, while at the same time taking personal pride in giving up a portion of their life for the citizens of their nation where others didn't. I get that and I appreciate it on an individual level. Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for others, or something like that.

Veterans, this civvie (sp?) thanks you.

What's your opinion on the Iraqi soldiers who defended their country from US aggression?

I understand why you feel this way, but I honestly don't think its rationally defensible. If we know that wars of aggression is wrong, participation is wrong to. I'm not saying you have to be a jerk or anything like that, but thanking veterans for the "Service" of doing nothing at best and actively aggressing against others at worst seems like glorification of evil to me. This Christian thinks Isaiah 5:20 applies.

Why should we thank someone for doing evil , even if their intentions are good?

Vet here.

Not proud of it.

Not staying home either.

Now this I'm proud of. I'm proud of those who will admit that they aren't proud of it, and (I presume) encourage others not to follow in those footsteps. Well done:)

yup I am such a bad guy I should probably go off myself for wanting to be a Marine. Yeah, so many people died because of me and the fact that though 3 years into my enlistment I have yet to have a combat deployment.

That just makes you lucky. Are we supposed to fall down and "Thank you for your service" now? Yeah, no.

You won't get the worship you're looking for here.

fr33
11-09-2013, 08:22 AM
You work on Sat ?

Every damn day. I need a vacation.

qh4dotcom
11-09-2013, 09:28 AM

Well said :)

Tywysog Cymru
11-09-2013, 10:49 AM
A lot of veterans became anti-war after their service was over. One famous historical example is Erich Maria Remarque. There were Vietnam veterans who opposed the war. And today there are people like Kokesh. I heard somewhere that the majority of veterans in Afghanistan weren't exactly sure what they were fighting for. During the last phases of WWI anti-war sentiment was running high in the French and German armies.

oyarde
11-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Every damn day. I need a vacation.

I need a vacation too , I even have a couple days coming , sometime.....

NIU Students for Liberty
11-09-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm sure NFL games this weekend are going to be fun to watch.

I'm going to the Bears game so I think I'll wait in line to go to the bathroom while they're having their ceremonial crap.

oyarde
11-09-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm going to the Bears game so I think I'll wait in line to go to the bathroom while they're having their ceremonial crap.

So , you are off to Soldier Field ?

MelissaWV
11-09-2013, 01:53 PM

No, but it might help prevent future innocent people from dying, if war becomes less about economic stimulus and foreign muscle-flexing and more about a last resort action taken with careful consideration, the backing of the nation, evidence, and a true aim towards protection rather than obliterating everyone that looked at us funny.

You are seeing, right now, hawks who use war as a tool. Most of them never served, so it's only as significant as the "I'm so sorry for your loss" face they can make. Of those that served, a large number were sheltered or otherwise benefited from familial ties that differentiated their experience from those of the average soldier.

There's no need for hero worship, but there is ALSO no need to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Ex-military, ex-democrats, ex-welfare, ex-RINOs, etc.; once you can figure out which end is up you can be of help.

Christian Liberty
11-09-2013, 01:58 PM
A lot of veterans became anti-war after their service was over. One famous historical example is Erich Maria Remarque. There were Vietnam veterans who opposed the war. And today there are people like Kokesh. I heard somewhere that the majority of veterans in Afghanistan weren't exactly sure what they were fighting for. During the last phases of WWI anti-war sentiment was running high in the French and German armies.

Its true. There are exceptions, of course, like the bloodthirsty creep known as "Chris Kyle" (Contrary to what the demagogues say, Ron Paul wasn't really that hard on him at all) but I agree that for the most part its really not the veterans themselves that are bloodthirsty, or are worshiping themselves. That happens, of course, but its a lot more common for civilians (or politicians) to worship veterans, constantly talk about how they were "fighting for our freedoms", and get angry when you criticize veterans, etc.

The fact of the matter is, those who did "serve" have a much closer look at what really goes on, so they don't have the same glorified view of themselves that many civilians have.

That doesn't justify their actions, nor does it mean they should be "honored" just because they learned the truth at some point or another.

RJB
11-09-2013, 02:14 PM

Is this the Bear's bathroom you're talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKN58Dy01CE

RickyJ
11-09-2013, 02:49 PM

The pay has nothing to do with it. The glorification of those serving in the military by many churches is the problem. There is no glory in going overseas to fight people who never did anything to you all to get a few bucks, none whatsoever, and it shouldn't be glamorized especially by those proclaiming to be Christians.

robert68
11-09-2013, 02:54 PM

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side."
-- Aristotle

oyarde
11-09-2013, 03:19 PM
The pay has nothing to do with it. The glorification of those serving in the military by many churches is the problem. There is no glory in going overseas to fight people who never did anything to you all to get a few bucks, none whatsoever, and it shouldn't be glamorized especially by those proclaiming to be Christians.

I did not bring it up , he did. I do not see the glamor.

Pericles
11-09-2013, 08:34 PM
I did not bring it up , he did. I do not see the glamor.

Didn't have any glam either. Mostly baked in the summer, and froze in the winter. One might think that the libertarian position might be to (A) if not respecting the choices I have made in my life, to (B) at least leave me the F alone. How many of us spend our time on this forum suggesting that those who did not choose to spend time in the military shirked an important duty to to our fellow citizens.

Romulus
11-11-2013, 12:21 PM

That's right...they want to worship heros, let em pay to do just that. Happy nationalism day.

oyarde
11-11-2013, 12:29 PM
11/11 is Armistice Day.

oyarde
11-11-2013, 12:30 PM
That's right...they want to worship heros, let em pay to do just that. Happy nationalism day.

I think that would be 9/11 or Patriot Day......

oyarde
11-11-2013, 12:33 PM
When I get home tonight there will be snow on the ground, I will sit by the fire , have a shot of 100 proof bourb. , celebrate my good fortune that my Grandfather made it home from WW 1.

Christian Liberty
11-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Didn't have any glam either. Mostly baked in the summer, and froze in the winter. One might think that the libertarian position might be to (A) if not respecting the choices I have made in my life, to (B) at least leave me the F alone. How many of us spend our time on this forum suggesting that those who did not choose to spend time in the military shirked an important duty to to our fellow citizens.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. If you mean attacking people for "serving" are you suggesting that killing people in a foreign land is just another victimless crime?

Romulus
11-11-2013, 12:46 PM

Eh, its all nationalism, all the time.

Now if any vet want to come out and speak for peace, antiwar, and non intervention, I'll thank them ANY day.

roho76
11-11-2013, 12:59 PM

Everyday is Nationalism Day in Amerika.

Pericles
11-11-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure what you are talking about. If you mean attacking people for "serving" are you suggesting that killing people in a foreign land is just another victimless crime?

How many "innocent" people do you want to credit me for killing?

fr33
11-11-2013, 11:53 PM
11/11 is Armistice Day.

We don't celebrate that in Amerika. That was a holiday that celebrated an end to war. It's been replaced with a holiday that celebrates war.

Christian Liberty
11-12-2013, 12:02 AM
How many "innocent" people do you want to credit me for killing?

You're right to put "innocent" in quotes, I mean killing people who are not either attacking you or have committed capital crimes against you. I know they aren't truly "innocent".

I have no idea what you personally did in the military. Maybe you invaded a foreign land without having to kill anybody, or maybe you were lucky enough not to have to invade any foreign land. So what did you do? At absolute best, nothing. You don't deserve praise and worship for that. And many of your "comrades' did commit murder even if you didn't.

Seriously, you're on freaking RPF, you should know this stuff already. I expect this kind of ignorance everywhere else, but I'm amazed to find it here.

oyarde
11-12-2013, 12:12 AM
You're right to put "innocent" in quotes, I mean killing people who are not either attacking you or have committed capital crimes against you. I know they aren't truly "innocent".

I have no idea what you personally did in the military. Maybe you invaded a foreign land without having to kill anybody, or maybe you were lucky enough not to have to invade any foreign land. So what did you do? At absolute best, nothing. You don't deserve praise and worship for that. And many of your "comrades' did commit murder even if you didn't.

Seriously, you're on freaking RPF, you should know this stuff already. I expect this kind of ignorance everywhere else, but I'm amazed to find it here.

Easy now , he is fairly one of the most intelligent people you may ever speak with. We all arrive here and there from different paths, backgrounds and skills.

oyarde
11-12-2013, 12:15 AM
We don't celebrate that in Amerika. That was a holiday that celebrated an end to war. It's been replaced with a holiday that celebrates war.

I celebrate it, I probably celebrate lots of things others do not and refrain from things others may :) , such is life, I knew I did not always fit in by the third grade , lol

oyarde
11-12-2013, 12:17 AM
Eh, its all nationalism, all the time.

Now if any vet want to come out and speak for peace, antiwar, and non intervention, I'll thank them ANY day.

I am very non intervention. Failure rate is too high.All risk , little reward, no moral high ground in the end , I reckon ......

phill4paul
11-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Lol. The best laid plans of mice and men...........

So, I had it all planned out. Unfortunately, I had severely over extended myself on several jobs I am working on. On Friday I deposited a check from a client that actually got around to paying me. Usually the checks clear by Monday. However, Monday being a banking holiday the check didn't clear until this morning. So thank you financial institutions for taking a day off in my honor so that you couldn't process a check that would have allowed me drinks and tips for my free meals. Lol.

The left over roast beef made a really great Chimichanga though. :D

Romulus
11-12-2013, 01:05 PM
The trash collectors were too busy thanking veterans yesterday, they totally forget it was trash pickup day.

Christian Liberty
11-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Easy now , he is fairly one of the most intelligent people you may ever speak with. We all arrive here and there from different paths, backgrounds and skills.

I didn't say he wasn't intelligent. But there is absolutely no way anyone here could seriously be ignorant that American wars have killed innocent people?