PDA

View Full Version : Michael Steele criticizes RNC’s lack of commitment in Virginia gubernatorial race

IndianaPolitico
11-07-2013, 03:11 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/06/michael-steele-criticizes-rncs-lack-of-commitment-in-virginia-gubernatorial-race-audio/

And can you believe these idiots are blaming me for the loss last night because I spent $9 million to get Bob elected in 2009?” Steele replied. “They said, ‘Well, he was never trailing in the polls anyway. It was a frivolous use of money.’ Well, tell that to the McDonnell campaign that was putting together a statewide effort that began not in September, but Bob and his campaign sat down with the RNC back in April of 2009 and talked about how we would open up offices around the state. We would start the branding early. We would do the grassroots development because there was no other race besides New Jersey.”

Steele went on to explain his partnership at the time with the Republican Governors Association and that at the time they invested in New Jersey while he focused his efforts in Virginia. But it appears to be different this time around.

“I don’t know what’s happened to that, but I’ll be damned if these people are going to blame me for last night because of their incompetence and inability to actually leverage an opportunity to win in a state that we have won in before,” Steele said.

Steele added that the current RNC under chairman Reince Priebus has cash on hand and no debt, but building up a war chest isn’t the purpose of a the RNC. It is to win elections.