PDA

View Full Version : LA food stamp abusers will lose benefits over Wal-mart free for all

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Repercussions from the EBT glitch and subsequent fraud...

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and his administration took steps late Wednesday to strip food stamp benefits from those who loaded up their shopping carts knowing they had insufficient funds in their Electronic Benefits Transfer accounts during the system failure in October.

As a result of the temporary outage, over 12,000 transactions showed non-sufficient funds once it got back online and retailers were able to process the purchases, according to The Advocate.
Depending upon how many prior infractions recipients have on their record, they will face losing benefits for a period one year, two years or permanently.

The Jindal administration will start with the worst case examples first, then work their way down, according to Suzy Sonnier, secretary of the state Department of Children and Family Services.

“We must protect the program for those who receive and use their benefits appropriately according to the law,” Sonnier said in a prepared statement. “We are looking at each case individually, addressing those recipients who are suspected of misrepresenting their eligibility for benefits or defrauding the system.”
More:
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/11/07/louisiana-food-stamp-abusers-will-lose-benefits-over-wal-mart-free-for-all-86692

tod evans
11-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Good!

puppetmaster
11-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Repercussions from the EBT glitch and subsequent fraud...
Infractions? Their whole system is an infraction on my freedom.

How the hell they even get benefits for two years.....parasites
No one should get shit free for years

tod evans
11-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Years?

Generations!:mad:

ZENemy
11-07-2013, 01:55 PM
My mom was on WIC for 3 months, after that it was 12 hour work days for 10 years straight, as a DC manager for nordstrom.

shane77m
11-07-2013, 01:55 PM
http://i2.wp.com/pandodaily.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/nelson_haha_pd.jpg

coastie
11-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Holding thieves accountable?

I like it.

Red Green
11-07-2013, 02:06 PM

^^^ This. By the looks of those people who were loading up their carts, the last thing they needed was another free box of Oreos. A little hunger would look really good on them.

heavenlyboy34
11-07-2013, 02:23 PM

Tell that to the social security/medicare-collectin' old folks. ;)

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Tell that to the social security/medicare-collectin' old folks. ;)

The people who paid into the social security/medicare fund via payroll taxes their whole lives?

asurfaholic
11-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Make them pay it back too, or face jail.

Brian4Liberty
11-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Make them pay it back too, or face jail.

If we use the Wall St. model, they would have to pay back a fine of .0001% of what they stole.

Keith and stuff
11-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Depending upon how many prior infractions recipients have on their record, they will face losing benefits for a period one year, two years or permanently.

If the permanent cut off really starts happening to people, look for some folks to start moving to TX, MS or AR. People already move around for welfare anyway. I know people do it in New England because some types of welfare are only good for 2-3 years so you have to go to the next state.

HOLLYWOOD
11-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Make them pay it back too, or face jail.Wall★Marx said they are picking up the tab, so in other words,They'll be writing off all the loses and eventually sticking "IT" to the taxpayers, who are always stuck bailing-out everyone. Nicely designed system to always ripoff the individual, who divided, is least effective at fighting this system. Now you know why TPTB operate to keep people divided.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2013, 11:28 AM
The people who paid into the social security/medicare fund via payroll taxes their whole lives?

Hb tends to forget that.

Lucille
11-08-2013, 11:38 AM
So much for WalMarx doing "the right thing (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walmart-food-stamp-shopping-spree-choice/story?id=20579980)." LOL

Speaking of WalMarx, did anyone hear about or see the leaked video of the torture they put their pigs through their whole lives and even abuse them on the way to slaughter? Zerohedge had it up but I couldn't watch it. I cannot stand cruelty, and anyone who buys their meats from them are a party to it.

Proverbs 12:10: A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

satchelmcqueen
11-08-2013, 11:44 AM
good! ive been on food stamps before. it helped me and the family NOT starve when i was laid off for a while. abusers are the ones who make these programs hard to maintain. kick them off for life. thats nothing less than theft.

torchbearer
11-08-2013, 11:57 AM
good.

FSP-Rebel
11-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Glad to see tho this could give Jindal quite a bit of traction going into the prez primaries.

torchbearer
11-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Glad to see tho this could give Jindal quite a bit of traction going into the prez primaries.

People who were Jindal fans in my area, or not so much anymore.

Ender
11-08-2013, 12:55 PM
So much for WalMarx doing "the right thing (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walmart-food-stamp-shopping-spree-choice/story?id=20579980)." LOL

Speaking of WalMarx, did anyone hear about or see the leaked video of the torture they put their pigs through their whole lives and even abuse them on the way to slaughter? Zerohedge had it up but I couldn't watch it. I cannot stand cruelty, and anyone who buys their meats from them are a party to it.

Proverbs 12:10: A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Walmart has not tortured any pigs; it is a supplier that was caught. Walmart is being targeted because they buy a lot of pork from this supplier but so do other stores.

Animal cruelty is horrible but please don't join the ranks of union people who are trying to get Walmart to unionize. This is the whole reason why Walmart is continually targeted while other chains, who operate exactly the same, are not.

bunklocoempire
11-08-2013, 01:02 PM
You were only allowed to steal a little! -because stealing a lot is wrong!

good ol' mankind and his emotional morals. :rolleyes:

VBRonPaulFan
11-08-2013, 01:10 PM
they're probably just saying this now because people are pissed about it. 10:1 odds that those offenders are never punished. you can do no wrong in the upside down country anymore.

pcosmar
11-08-2013, 01:22 PM

Why target Walmart,? They sell pork and other meats supplied to them. They have nothing to do with the production,, and are simply a retail outlet,, like any other meat market in the country..
http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2013/10/worker-fired-but-undercover-video-not-enough-for-criminal-charges/#.Un04aPEilIN

A “food fight” over allegations of possible inhumane animal treatment broke out in Minneapolis on Tuesday.

On one side is the pig-raising Rosewood Farms at Pipestone, MN, which just happens to be owned by Randy Spronk, current president of the National Pork Producers Council. On the other side is a group of activist vegetarians called “Mercy for Animals.”

Mercy’s leader, Nathan Runkle, just spoke to VegFest on the campus of the University of Minnesota as his organization was releasing a video that they claim shows inhumane treatment at Rosewood Farms and that initiated a criminal investigation that led to a “raid” on a “factory farm” by local law enforcement.

Mercy has a campaign targeting Walmart pork producers by using undercover operators to produce video of allegedly inhumane practices, which it then posts on its “Walmart Cruelty” website.

According to the Minneapolis Tribune, Mercy’s video shows sows confined in gestation crates and piglets getting castrated and having their tails removed.

In a statement, the National Pork Producers Council said practices shown in the video meet industry standards for humane treatment. The NPPC said an independent veterinarian reviewed the video and found no signs of inhumane treatment and no charges were filed.

Rosewood Farms did fire one worker, according to NPPC, for violating the company’s humane handling practices. It said that action resulted from the pork producer itself bringing in a third-party investigator, not from any cooperation from Mercy. The worker who was fired did not follow the farm’s “animal care protocols,” NPPC said.

It said the vegetarian group did not provide Rosewood with a copy of the video that was turned over to local law enforcement.

NPPC says pork farmers are under an “onslaught” from anti-meat groups that have “deep pockets from deceptive fundraising practices.”

Rosewood Farms is part of the “Pipestone System,” which shares services among 200 pork producers.

Runkle, who grew up on an Ohio farm, says the practice of killing runts with blunt force trauma “can be horribly cruel.” Luke Minion, who runs Pipestone, says piglets are euthanized for having broken bones or breathing problems.

Minion says euthanasia via blunt force is fast and pain-free when done correctly and that its use is approved by NPPC.

Mercy’s video did persuade a judge to issue a search warrant...

Walmart does not own or manage the farms that produce meat.

http://www.pigprogress.net/Pork-Processing/Consumer-Issues/2013/10/NPPC-criticises-undercover-video-of-hog-farm-1399871W/

The video shows a mixture of common practices with prejudiced comments, as well as selected footage of piglets being slammed with their heads on the floor.

In a statement, the NPPC said: "This latest attack by HSUS and MFA clearly is the result of the pressure they're feeling after a year of significant state and federal legislative losses. HSUS has spent significant amounts of its donors' money on futile legislative efforts and on a lawsuit that had nothing to do with animal welfare was dismissed by a US District Court judge. HSUS donors, especially the many whose priorities are the protection of companion animals, deserve better than that."

pcosmar
11-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Actually, Walmart does a lot of Charity. Both national and local charities.. and they did take the hit for this,, likely for having to turn people away days before due to the system failure.

Surely there are more stores in LA that also take food stamps besides Walmart..

Have to wonder why they are once again targeted.

jclay2
11-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Holding thieves accountable?

I like it.

Lets get real though. This is all politics. Go after the small fish who steal a couple hundred of dollars in jars of pb&j and leave the bank/corporate ceo frauds alone.

angelatc
11-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Actually, Walmart does a lot of Charity. Both national and local charities.. and they did take the hit for this,, likely for having to turn people away days before due to the system failure.

Surely there are more stores in LA that also take food stamps besides Walmart..

Have to wonder why they are once again targeted.

I am probably one of the biggest Wal-Mart defenders here, but the other stores in LA either declined to take food stamps during the outage, or restricted the purchase amounts per the program guidelines. WalMart made the decision not to decline any transactions, likely out of fear that the liberals would turn it into yet another skewed, half-true talking point.

HOLLYWOOD
11-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Proverbs 12:10: A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.Wall★Marx prices are not the lowest... And I'm not going to haggle at the checkout counter to go through each and every item I found cheaper. My time is worth much more than wasting it with their cashiers and store managers... playing their marketed pricing gimmicks on their turf.

I don't shop at Wall★Marx unless it would have to be an absolutely great deal/closeout. Anyhow, I buy my grass feed non steroid cows/etc at the local reputable slaughter/butcher house.

angelatc
11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
good! ive been on food stamps before. it helped me and the family NOT starve when i was laid off for a while. abusers are the ones who make these programs hard to maintain. kick them off for life. thats nothing less than theft.

I don't think the federal government should be in it at all. I'd be fine if the states ran such programs. I'd be more fine if they didn't, but it's not something that would make me pack up and move to a different state.

angelatc
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Wall★Marx prices are not the lowest... And I'm not going to haggle at the checkout counter to go through each and every item I found cheaper. My time is worth much more than wasting it with their cashiers and store managers... playing their marketed pricing gimmicks on their turf.

I don't shop at Wall★Marx unless it would have to be an absolutely great deal/closeout. Anyhow, I buy my grass feed non steroid cows/etc at the local reputable slaughter/butcher house.

Speaking of self-righteous.... What do you consider to be Marxist about WalMart?

pcosmar
11-08-2013, 02:01 PM
I am probably one of the biggest Wal-Mart defenders here, but the other stores in LA either declined to take food stamps during the outage, or restricted the purchase amounts per the program guidelines. WalMart made the decision not to decline any transactions, likely out of fear that the liberals would turn it into yet another skewed, half-true talking point.

Not exactly.. When the system went down,, they did not accept cards.

Folks parked their loaded carts and left.. NO SALES.

When the system came back up,, (in some cases without limits) the stores honored the cards and made the sales. without question.

If there is fault or blame to be placed it should be on Xerox,, not Walmart, And Xerox should take the hit for their mistake.

calendula
11-08-2013, 02:32 PM
It is sad that people who are already getting their food for free would try to steal more. Ruins it for the people who really need it. People abuse assistance programs all the time, and it just makes me wonder why so greedy? I know a girl who buys groceries with her food stamps and then sells them to people for half price. Disgusting.

I like Walmart. They in part pay my bills. :) I work for a masonry and concrete company, and we have built many Walmarts.

tod evans
11-08-2013, 04:19 PM
I give Wal-Mart credit in that they gave the fraudsters enough rope to hang themselves.

I disagree with their decision to not seek retribution though.

Jindal's doing the right thing, I sincerely hope he's able to have every penny of free money stripped from the offenders for the remainder of their pathetic lives.

Brian4Liberty
11-08-2013, 05:19 PM

On the other hand, Jindal is taking heat right now for allegedly abandoning the Cucinelli campaign.

“Bobby Jindal and his political team totally blew it,” harrumphed one advisor for Ken Cuccinelli the morning after a closer-than-expected loss.

Cuccinelli, who narrowly lost last night’s gubernatorial election to Terry McAuliffe, was badly outspent in the days and weeks leading up to the election. The New York Times‘ Jonathan Martin described Cuccinelli’s plight as having been “close to abandoned at the end.” He was. As Politico’s James Hohmann reported, ”The Republican National Committee spent about $3 million on Virginia this year, compared to $9 million in the 2009.” And as the Roanoke Times noted, in 2009, the Chamber of Commerce spent $973,000 on Bob McDonnell, but “[t]his year, the chamber gave Cuccinelli nothing.”

But it was the Republican Governor’s Association (RGA) and chairman Bobby Jindal who drew the most ire from a Cuccinelli advisor I spoke to on Wednesday morning — this, despite the fact that the RGA spent millions on the race.

“Bobby Jindal’s presidential campaign is over,” said the Cuccinelli advisor. “He screwed this up so bad. And I don’t know why. The campaign knew it was moving numbers over ObamaCare. And the RGA was not very far from that information, they could have obtained it themselves,” the advisor continued. “They should have given the money to the campaign to spend as opposed to running these stupid China ads. They just blew it.”
Read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/06/cuccinelli-advisor-blames-bobby-jindal-rga-for-defeat-they-just-blew-it/

amy31416
11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
I give Wal-Mart credit in that they gave the fraudsters enough rope to hang themselves.

I disagree with their decision to not seek retribution though.

Jindal's doing the right thing, I sincerely hope he's able to have every penny of free money stripped from the offenders for the remainder of their pathetic lives.

It's a no-brainer politically and ethically.

LibForestPaul
11-08-2013, 06:24 PM
We have a three branch system. I am sure the judiciary or the legislature will set this guy straight.

tod evans
11-08-2013, 08:55 PM
We have a three branch system. I am sure the judiciary or the legislature will set this guy straight.

Which guy's that Jindal?

What specifically does he need to be "set straight" about?