PDA

View Full Version : Former Rep's pro moderate GOP group looking to help Amash's challenger

tsai3904
11-07-2013, 11:13 AM
A political group for middle-of-the road Republicans founded by former Bainbridge Township congressman Steve LaTourette launching an online ad campaign designed to counter the influence of groups that he feels have pushed the party too far right.

LaTourette's group, called the Main Street Advocacy Fund, said it's the "opening salvo" in an $8 million effort. The group plans to back moderate GOP candidates for office, like West Virginia Senate hopeful Shelly Moore Capito, who might face opposition from less mainstream opponents, as well as the Republican who now holds LaTourette's congressional seat: Dave Joyce of Russell Township. LaTourette has also expressed interest in aiding a moderate candidate to challenge incumbent Tea Party Republican Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan.

More:
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2013/11/former_rep_steve_latourettes_g.html

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2013, 11:40 AM
The group plans to back moderate GOP candidates for office, like West Virginia Senate hopeful Shelly Moore Capito, who might face opposition from less mainstream opponents,

Hell yes she is facing opposition from a less mainstream opponent. One of our own!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?431038-Campaign-Evaluation-Pat-McGeehan-%28U-S-Senate-R-WV%29

Anti-Neocon
11-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks for this post. It's important to know your enemy. I posted about my concerns about this particular group and its possibility of getting involved in the Amash race but nobody seemed to care. If Amash is somehow primaried successfully, it will be because of Wall Street advocates like this group. It's important to spread the word because big establishment money really gets under the skin of conservative grassroots. Some good buzzwords to use: "Karl Rove", "liberal RINOs", "Democrats in disguise".

angelatc
11-07-2013, 11:53 AM
I worries me too. I would do anything if I could get the donation and activist fires started again, but I'm not that person.

We can get 1000 posts on a topic about a prom k/ueen, but usually about 3 on a post like this.

And half of those will be people simply trashing the GOP, which does absolutely nothing to help and in fact, discourages people. We are our worst enemies.