PDA

View Full Version : Texas School Principal Charged After Dog's Leg Rots and Falls Off

aGameOfThrones
11-07-2013, 01:14 AM
The principal of a private school in Houston claims it is "unfair" that she is being charged with animal cruelty after her three small dogs were found to be in deplorable condition, including one dog whose injured leg appears to have rotted and fallen off.
Rosa Martinez, 57, was arrested Monday and charged with two counts of animal cruelty after she took the dogs to Houston's Bureau of Animal Regulation and Care. A veterinarian at the center alerted police, according to court documents.

Martinez told Police Officer Suzanne Hollifield that she had "over-committed herself to work and non-profit organizations." She had "seen the dog limping but did not check on it," she told the officer, according to the court document.

The officer also wrote in her report, "Defendant's son had seen the dog on October 11, 2013 and told Defendant he could see the dog's bone and that she needed to do something with the dog."

Martinez maintains she didn't know what happened to the dog, but surrendered the animals because "she was upset and realized she could not care for the dogs."

Martinez could not be reached for comment by ABC News, but she defended herself to ABC News' Houston affiliate KTRK, "It appears to be an accident that I was not aware of. I tried to make it right," she said.

"It really upsets me," Martinez said. "I know you have to have advocates to protect them. In my case, it's not fair. I didn't do anything wrong."

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/texas-school-principal-charged-dogs-leg-rots-falls-021831022--abc-news-topstories.html

She's a school principal for fuck sake. She "takes care" of kids.

FindLiberty
11-07-2013, 08:15 AM
What about the children?

Millions of young brains are rotting away as children are being held captive in mandatory government youth propaganda camps.
This is happening at this very moment and it's being completely ignored.
I don't see any tails wagging or hear even a single dog giving tongue in protest to this cruelty!

What about the children?

Ender
11-07-2013, 10:43 AM
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/texas-school-principal-charged-dogs-leg-rots-falls-021831022--abc-news-topstories.html

She's a school principal for fuck sake. She "takes care" of kids.

I am an avid animal lover and have helped rescue animals in the past. That said- I have learned that many people are unaware of problems with their pets and really do not notice anything peculiar, until the leg actually falls off.

When I was a kid I had a beloved dog that was a mixture of breeds that have hair instead of fur. A disease got under the dog's hair and he died within 2 days. I was heartbroken and became determined to keep a strict eye on my animals from that moment on.