PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul to stop playing nice with media

libertarian101
11-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Rand just gave another meat for madcow to chew on and continue to spin this story. Why don't Rand just laugh at the whole incident and move on ? If the media knows Rand has short fuse they will continue to push him. When he says i might not run for president because my family might get unfairly attacked, the media take that as his soft spot and will start talking about his son, his wife and Ron. It is better for him to always smile while he is on TV and laugh off incident like this.
Amid mounting plagiarism charges, Sen. Rand Paul has pledged to speak out more often against the media.
In an interview (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/363246/rand-paul-fights-press-robert-costa) with National Review's Robert Costa, the normally media-friendly Paul said he is now going to speak out more against media outlets, especially if he feels he is being unfairly targeted.
“I’m being criticized for not having proper attribution, and yet they are able to write stuff that if I were their journalism teacher in college, I would fail them,” he told Costa.
Paul told Costa he was specifically irritated with the Associated Press and MSNBC for how they covered his talk at Liberty University last month. Though Paul didn't use the word abortion in that talk, the Associated Press (http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/first-read-dmv/Rand-Paul-Eugenics-possible-with-todays-technology-229556771.html?akmobile=o) used it in its coverage. Meanwhile, Rachel Maddow (http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/rachel-maddow-rand-paul-wikipedia-99015.html) focused her attention on the part where Paul lifted some lines from the Gattaca movie Wikipedia entry. More: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/11/rand-paul-to-stop-playing-nice-with-media-176881.html?hp=l10

ronpaulfollower999
11-06-2013, 07:31 PM
"when you see my face hope it gives u hell, hope it gives you hell"

FriedChicken
11-06-2013, 07:42 PM
First off - when I read this thread title and saw who the author was I knew exactly what to expect ... part of me hoped I was wrong, that part of me was disappointed.

Secondly - I'm sure I'm not the only one completely fed up with the media and welcomes someone calling them out on their B.S. I'm pretty sure over half of the country agrees with me.
This whole thing will be miniscule in the grand scheme of things but it will tickle the ears of quite a few and at the same time tell the media to back off with the unfair reporting ... Rand is a big story, sacrificing his cooperation with them for info and interviews is a hefty price for a cheap story.

This situation if incredibly petty - which makes it the perfect situation for him to call them out ... cause when both sides are heard its obvious that the media is being stupid.

libertywanter
11-06-2013, 07:52 PM
I dont know Libertarian101, I see your point, "don't give media a reason" but I will also say that people like me are outraged by the mainstream media and I think anybody with half a head on their shoulders would agree, a good media bashing by a public figure is long overdue. People need to realize that most news is scripted by the liberals. Way too many people in this country follow it blindly and accept every part of it as the truth. As I have said before I will say it again, if anyone of you know a mainstream news follower, convince them to look at some news from other sources, FOX is a great place to start.

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM OUR COUNTRY HAS RIGHT NOW IS THE MAINSTREAM NEWS STATIONS SUCH AS NBC, MISINFORMING PEOPLE ON WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON. THE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE IN THIS COUNTRY WILL BE THE PRIMARY FACTOR TO ITS DOWNFALL AND EVENTUAL COLLAPSE.

economics102
11-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I'll just say this: the current "bad press" would not be the first time Rand has done something that at first looked like a PR disaster and later worked to his advantage.

IndianaPolitico
11-06-2013, 08:22 PM
I'll just say this: the current "bad press" would not be the first time Rand has done something that at first looked like a PR disaster and later worked to his advantage.

True, hopefully he can turn this around. Would be amazing if this blew up in their faces.

ObiRandKenobi
11-06-2013, 09:30 PM
janet reno's daughter

Peace&Freedom
11-06-2013, 10:25 PM
The major media is in true double standard spin mode in how they treat Chris Christie's "tough-minded, admirable" not-nice treatment of the media, compared to how they are harping on Rand's not-nice treatment of the media, over a lack of footnoting of his comments. It's part of their attempt to deep-six Rand as a first tier guy in the 2016 race.

satchelmcqueen
11-07-2013, 12:11 AM
i have a good feeling rand is going to make the media look as foolish as ron did his opponents in the debates. ron hardly said anything bad to the media. rand will and rand will love doing it. i love it!!

Thanatos
11-10-2013, 03:45 PM
I think one important issue for Rand to always keep in mind is that he is fundamentally in a character framing battle with the MSM. Audiences who watch MSM typically rely on heuristic cues to make judgments concerning a candidate. They may not know anything about what the issue is, but if they see the talking-head make an accusation and Rand responds in a defensive fashion, the heuristic judgment will have been made: Rand is guilty. In this sense, unless it is something truly egregious, the manner in which he responds will receive greater weight by the popular mind then any "arguments" he may proffer.

wetroof
11-10-2013, 04:15 PM
i watched the clip in which he mentioned gattica. I thought it was a bit over the top and an odd angle to bring to the pro-life / pro-choice debate. so yeah I think Rand should take responsibility and move on, and make stronger speeches in the future.

Feeding the Abscess
11-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Watching Rand in these interviews, he's coming off as way too defensive and kind of whiny, honestly. Makes it seem like he's thin-skinned. It's only going to get more intense from here, especially when he runs for president.

Don't play the 'woe is me' card. The answer he gave in the duel debacle (before mentioning a duel, like a dummy) was almost perfect. Stick to that, and move on.