PDA

View Full Version : Exit polls: 7% liberals, 4% Conservatives voted for Sarvis

green73
11-06-2013, 09:36 AM
http://libertycrier.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/liberals-vote-Sarvis.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/local/2013-elections/exit-polls/

Okaloosa
11-06-2013, 09:39 AM
The exit polls were also done in democrat areas that is why like the skewed polls they had prior they had skewed polls. Republicans are in rural areas and Sarvis took votes that went to people who lean libertarian that otherwise would have went to Ken. Dems believed for every vote they lost Ken would lose at least two and I would agree with that.

green73
11-06-2013, 09:44 AM
The exit polls were also done in democrat areas that is why like the skewed polls they had prior they had skewed polls. Republicans are in rural areas and Sarvis took votes that went to people who lean libertarian that otherwise would have went to Ken. Dems believed for every vote they lost Ken would lose at least two and I would agree with that.

Didn't the polls tighten to reflect the actual result? Why do you say they only polled Democrat areas?

CaptLouAlbano
11-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Didn't the polls tighten to reflect the actual result? Why do you say they only polled Democrat areas?

Exit polling is costly to do, and you want as many results as possible to have some sort of scientific result from it. So if you are running a polling company are you going to put your people in Fairfax County where 300,000 people voted or in Franklin County were 15,000 people voted?

Brett85
11-06-2013, 10:00 AM
The bigger question is, how could 13% of people who call themselves "conservative" vote for McAulliffe?

green73
11-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Exit polling is costly to do, and you want as many results as possible to have some sort of scientific result from it. So if you are running a polling company are you going to put your people in Fairfax County where 300,000 people voted or in Franklin County were 15,000 people voted?

Actually the exit polls accurately reflected the final results.

Keith and stuff
11-06-2013, 10:25 AM
The bigger question is, how could 13% of people who call themselves "conservative" vote for McAulliffe?
They might be fiscally conservative and socially moderate/tolerant/liberal and call themselves conservatives. They might not understand the term. They might have thought Ken was more corrupt. They might have voted the way their friends voted. They might not have paid much attention to the race. They might have believed a negative attack ad...

Keith and stuff
11-06-2013, 10:25 AM

I like your point. Perhaps you are correct. Do you have any evidence?

jtstellar
11-06-2013, 12:21 PM
see, i fucking told you.. if they weren't voting LP they would vote for liberals most likely.. all the libertarians we had went for ken that fight, let's stop the infighting here. LP constituent of true libertarian origin is near nonexistent at this point, everyone is going for 70% libertarian candidates in the gop despite what a couple stay home moms of 12 cats here would like you tell you without having to make her own decision at the voting booth, if not because of weight issues

Keith and stuff
11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
The exit polls show that if it was a 2 way race, more of the LP candidate voters would have voted for the Democratic candidate than the Republican candidate. http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/11/05/va.gov.exit.polls.1120p.110513.v2.final%5B1%5D.cop y.pdf

Vote in Two-Way Governor Race
5% for the Democratic
2% for the Republican

That might be close to 2-1 that the LP candidate helped Ken keep the election close, if this is accurate.

It looks like LP candidate for governor voters might have voted for the winning candidate for both VA LT and VA AG. If that's true, LP voters might have been pretty similar to typical voters in that if only given a choice b/t the GOP and Democratic candidate for the 3 races, they may have voted for the winning candidate in all 3 races.