PDA

View Full Version : Who in the Tea Party will investigate VA shenanigans?

wgadget
11-06-2013, 09:34 AM
It won't be the RINOs, so....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/05/revealed-obama-campaign-bundler-helping-fund-libertarian-in-tight-va-gubernatorial-race/

Maybe Rand? America wants a fighter....

Todd
11-06-2013, 09:36 AM
That's one shenanigans. How about the one where my co worker kept pushing Cuccinelli on the Voting screen and it kept showing up McAullife?

wgadget
11-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Wow. That should be reported. Sheesh.

FSP-Rebel
11-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Wow, it's worse than I thought. The integrity of the LP is at stake here, could be compromised permanently.

According to Virginia election filings posted by the Virginia Public Access Project, Liemandt contributed $150,000 of the Texas-based Libertarian Booster PAC’s $229,000 revenue. The Libertarian Booster PAC reported providing $11,454 to pay for signature collection, yard signs and campaign materials for Sarvis and another $4,690 for four Libertarian candidates running for the Virginia state legislature.
and

Liemandt and his wife Andra have also been contributors to the Libertarian National Committee
and

Donations linked to Liemandt’s company, Trilogy, also has split its political giving between libertarian third-party efforts and liberal Democrats. During the 2012 election cycle, Trilogy poured $100,000 into another libertarian group — Libertarian Action Super PAC
and the knockout punch just so the LP partisans know where they potentially stand

With a divide between the Republican Establishment in Washington and its conservative grassroots base widening, could strategically leveraging a third-party be Democrats’ ace in the hole?
What better way for democrats and their liberal financial bundlers to get around the public's new and continued dismay w/ their party while hedging bets against the GOP which is increasing in shareholders from the liberty movement and tea party at the expense of the establishment insiders that collude w/ the lefty insiders..

loveshiscountry
11-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Wow, it's worse than I thought. The integrity of the LP is at stake here, could be compromised permanently.

and

and

and the knockout punch just so the LP partisans know where they potentially stand

What better way for democrats and their liberal financial bundlers to get around the public's new and continued dismay w/ their party while hedging bets against the GOP which is increasing in shareholders from the liberty movement and tea party at the expense of the establishment insiders that collude w/ the lefty insiders..Big deal. It is a smart move by the dems imo. As far as it concerns the Libertarian Party why does it matter where the money comes? As long as Sarvis is the real deal as a Libertarian I have no problem with it. And if he isn't the real deal then shame on the voters.

LibertyEagle
11-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Big deal. It is a smart move by the dems imo. As far as it concerns the Libertarian Party why does it matter where the money comes? As long as Sarvis is the real deal as a Libertarian I have no problem with it. And if he isn't the real deal then shame on the voters.

He wasn't. That's the point.

speciallyblend
11-07-2013, 07:29 AM
He wasn't. That's the point.

maybe ken should of actually debated sarvis to prove who is more libertarian instead of running and hiding. I am glad to see it was shenanigans and not sarvis that caused ken to lose. very comical the same folks that want to blame sarvis could of demanded ken prove it in a debate to win the votes.

loveshiscountry
11-07-2013, 07:59 AM
He wasn't. That's the point.As far as investigating any wrong doings, isn't the point a candidate received financial backing and that's it? It doesn't matter if that candidate was or wasn't who he was portrayed to be imo. Would it make it better if he was voted the number one libertarian and still took votes away and the result was the same?

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 08:05 AM
How is this any different from Rush Limbaugh's Operation Chaos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rush_Limbaugh_Show#Operation_Chaos) in 2008? Should someone investigate him too? For the record, I don't think so (I actually thought that one was funny). Some of you are grasping at straws....time to let it go.

angelatc
11-07-2013, 10:14 AM
As far as investigating any wrong doings, isn't the point a candidate received financial backing and that's it? It doesn't matter if that candidate was or wasn't who he was portrayed to be imo. Would it make it better if he was voted the number one libertarian and still took votes away and the result was the same?

I agree with you. At the end of the day it is the job of the candidate to win the election.

Politics are politics. The problem is the media coverage, and lack of it. If the GOP was funding a Green Party candidate that managed to keep a Dem out of office, it would be splashed across the front pages of every media entity in the nation.

And the story would have broken long before election day, too.

There's been a lot of talk about third parties forming lately. Nobody asked me, but I think this could have been a cooperative effort by the two main parties. The GOP let the Democrat have the seat in exchange for letting the Tea Party / Ron Paul wings of the party understand that forming a third party won't win them elections.

FSP-Rebel
11-07-2013, 11:27 AM
How is this any different from Rush Limbaugh's Operation Chaos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rush_Limbaugh_Show#Operation_Chaos) in 2008? Should someone investigate him too? For the record, I don't think so (I actually thought that one was funny). Some of you are grasping at straws....time to let it go.
Oh, please. As someone that votes LP on occasion, I surely won't in the future if they're bought and paid for by slimeballs on the left. While I'm displeased with the hatchet job the LP is responsible for here and the slap in the face of the Pauls, I haven't hung out here and rode threads all day long on this issue. I'm over it. Funny how you think it's anything less than a disgrace that the left is using your beloved LP as a tool and installing fraudulent candidates that aren't even libertarian to defeat a better than average conservative. Btw, it seems you're hell bent on returning the climate here to where it was about a year ago.

cajuncocoa
11-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Oh, please. As someone that votes LP on occasion, I surely won't in the future if they're bought and paid for by slimeballs on the left. While I'm displeased with the hatchet job the LP is responsible for here and the slap in the face of the Pauls, I haven't hung out here and rode threads all day long on this issue. I'm over it. Funny how you think it's anything less than a disgrace that the left is using your beloved LP as a tool and installing fraudulent candidates that aren't even libertarian to defeat a better than average conservative. Btw, it seems you're hell bent on returning the climate here to where it was about a year ago.

Let me stop you right here: I'm not a member of the "beloved" LP...I'm a registered Independent.

fr33
11-07-2013, 09:15 PM

and

and

What better way for democrats and their liberal financial bundlers to get around the public's new and continued dismay w/ their party while hedging bets against the GOP which is increasing in shareholders from the liberty movement and tea party at the expense of the establishment insiders that collude w/ the lefty insiders..

Apply your standards to the GOP and then maybe you'll stop supporting their candidates.

Romney Donors Back Democrat Over Tea Party in Georgia (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-31/romney-donors-back-democrat-over-tea-party-in-georgia.html)

jhon
11-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Ken Cuccinelli at the RedState Gathering: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24446829

BruceMajor
11-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Rofl. The $11,000 from the Democrat was less than 3% of the over $380,000 spent on the Sarvis campaign. $300,000 of which was from the all libertarian Purple PAC. Sarvis spent less than $3 a vote, Cuccinelli over $14 a vote (McAuliffe over $21 a vote). The GOP isn't cost effective it seems, and its partisans are dishonest and can't do basic arithmetic.

FrankRep
11-11-2013, 07:33 AM

There's nothing illegal about the Democrats pumping money to the Libertarians to help split the Republican vote to get the Democrat an extra advantage to win.

Everyone knows that the Libertarian won't win, but if the Democrats can try to sucker enough people to vote Libertarian they could eek out a victory.