PDA

View Full Version : Big hit to Ron and Rand Paul today. Monsterous surge for neocon Christie

klamath
11-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Expect Christie to be leading in the polls soon. Christie CAN win SOLID BLUE STATES AND SWING STATES!

enhanced_deficit
11-05-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm contrarion on this, I think he will lag behind Rand sooner or later in GOP field

http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/thumbnail_photos/2013/June/Obama%20and%20Christie.jpg?1371577690 (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=_F5Xxyen2oFXvM&tbnid=yD3xLOM4VzuMEM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsbusters.org%2Fblogs%2Fnoel-sheppard%2F2013%2F06%2F18%2Fchristie-obama-s-charm-offensive-should-have-started-january-2009-bit&ei=Abd5UsKtE9LqkAeYvYDoCw&bvm=bv.55980276,d.eW0&psig=AFQjCNF2Tv7hSrLSthAEmflD4blAv5V_0w&ust=1383794756943243)

klamath
11-05-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm contrarion on this, I think he will lag behind Rand sooner or later in GOP field

http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/thumbnail_photos/2013/June/Obama%20and%20Christie.jpg?1371577690 (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=_F5Xxyen2oFXvM&tbnid=yD3xLOM4VzuMEM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsbusters.org%2Fblogs%2Fnoel-sheppard%2F2013%2F06%2F18%2Fchristie-obama-s-charm-offensive-should-have-started-january-2009-bit&ei=Abd5UsKtE9LqkAeYvYDoCw&bvm=bv.55980276,d.eW0&psig=AFQjCNF2Tv7hSrLSthAEmflD4blAv5V_0w&ust=1383794756943243)If the AG that took Obamacare to the courts couldn't win in this dark hour for obamacare then people that compromise will be the winners in the next election like Christie.

Kotin
11-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Lol bullshit.. New Jersey is not a model republican primary state.

ronpaulfollower999
11-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Of course Christie can win blue states. He is a Democrat after all.

Rudeman
11-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Remember this is why Romney was nominated even though the base hated him. So yes I can see Christie easily becoming the frontrunner especially now that the establishment is actively trying to rid TP/liberty candidates.

klamath
11-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Lol bullshit.. New Jersey is not a model republican primary state.You miss the point. One large block of republican voters vote for the guy they think can beat the democrat. Romney's biggist ace what he consistently polled the Best against Obama. today has reinforced that voting block and the uncompromising tea party took a huge hit.

11-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Wrong. Christie can win NJ. His largeness is considered a loudmouthed fool outside the NY/NJ area.

thoughtomator
11-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Remember this is why Romney was nominated even though the base hated him. So yes I can see Christie easily becoming the frontrunner especially now that the establishment is actively trying to rid TP/liberty candidates.

That presumes the GOP is stupid enough to make the same exact mistake twice... hrm.

On second thought your thesis is quite solid.

GregSarnowski
11-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Wrong. Christie can win NJ. His largeness is considered a loudmouthed fool outside the NY/NJ area.

I don't think Christie has what it takes to win a grueling primary.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/25/news/la-pn-christie-iowa-20110725

From summer 2011:

He recently told a group of New York City fundraisers: "When I'm in that hotel room in Des Moines and it's 15 below and the alarm clock goes off at 4 o'clock in the morning, none of you are going to be there."

That doesn't sound like the kind of retail politician needed to win any of the early states.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
NJ is NJ and Virginia happened because of Northern Virginia which is a government employee corridor. Those two areas do not represent the Republican base at all and would vote for Hitler if it meant the gravy train kept the biscuit wheels intact.

rpfocus
Ha, IMO Christie Kreme is the only candidate that would be able to put up any resistance if Hillary runs. Regardless, the sooner the GOP implodes, the sooner I get my viable 3rd party. I washed the stench of the GOP off as soon as they cheated Ron out of the nomination. Lemon fresh and a registered Independent once again!

GregSarnowski
11-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Ha, IMO Christie Kreme is the only candidate that would be able to put up any resistance if Hillary runs. Regardless, the sooner the GOP implodes, the sooner I get my viable 3rd party. I washed the stench of the GOP off as soon as they cheated Ron out of the nomination. Lemon fresh and a registered Independent once again!

Why is Hillary considered invincible? She couldn't even beat Obama.

AlexAmore
11-05-2013, 10:16 PM
One thing that's different between Romney and Christie (otherwise they do have many similarities):

Romney was able to fall back on the idea that he was a strong businessman and his father was a businessman. Wasn't that really what he had for red meat to carry him? The candidates usually don't discuss poll numbers. What does Christie have? Another f***ing lawyer-turned-lobbyist? Even though he will be able to say he prosecuted this and that, it's really the economy people care about, so he'll end up just going off message.

I'm not a strategist, but that's my 2c.

RickyJ
11-05-2013, 10:22 PM

http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/thumbnail_photos/2013/June/Obama%20and%20Christie.jpg?1371577690 (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=_F5Xxyen2oFXvM&tbnid=yD3xLOM4VzuMEM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsbusters.org%2Fblogs%2Fnoel-sheppard%2F2013%2F06%2F18%2Fchristie-obama-s-charm-offensive-should-have-started-january-2009-bit&ei=Abd5UsKtE9LqkAeYvYDoCw&bvm=bv.55980276,d.eW0&psig=AFQjCNF2Tv7hSrLSthAEmflD4blAv5V_0w&ust=1383794756943243)

He possibly could win a general election, but he has a fat chance of winning in the Republican primaries. Republicans are sick of conservatives in name only, they want a real conservative, and Christie is not one.

klamath
11-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Wrong. Christie can win NJ. His largeness is considered a loudmouthed fool outside the NY/NJ area.Latest polling shows him winning the Virginia and SOUTH CAROLINA primaries. Hows that for not winning outside nj/ny

RickyJ
11-05-2013, 10:27 PM
NJ is NJ and Virginia happened because of Northern Virginia which is a government employee corridor. Those two areas do not represent the Republican base at all and would vote for Hitler if it meant the gravy train kept the biscuit wheels intact.

Right, these people are only concerned about making sure they keep their government "welfare" job. Most conservatives would not like these people.

Root
11-05-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm pretty sure NJ's debt has done up. Christie, much like governors before him haven't been making payments into the state employee pension fund. He also signed a bunch of useless gun control bills.

I don't even know any dirt on Pufferfish, but I'm sure it's out there.

GregSarnowski
11-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Latest polling shows him winning the Virginia and SOUTH CAROLINA primaries. Hows that for not winning outside nj/ny

where is this poll?

rpfocus
11-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Why is Hillary considered invincible? She couldn't even beat Obama.

As if Obama was easy to beat?? Obama stomped Romney 332-206 in the last election and Hillary will more than likely get the same votes. I can't see any other Republican candidate that could actually pull Democratic votes other than Christie. Romney could only manage to get 1 swing state, I think Christie would change the game in that dept. However, against Hillary I just don't see it happening. I think Christie wins if Hillary doesn't run.

GregSarnowski
11-05-2013, 10:40 PM
As if Obama was easy to beat?? Obama stomped Romney 332-206 in the last election and Hillary will more than likely get the same votes. I can't see any other Republican candidate that could actually pull Democratic votes other than Christie. Romney could only manage to get 1 swing state, I think Christie would change the game in that dept. However, against Hillary I just don't see it happening. I think Christie wins if Hillary doesn't run.

Obama would have been easy to beat if he ever faced a candidate that was actually willing to call him out on his many lies. The Republicans don't need a nominee to pull Democrat votes. The general election is determined by independents.

Speculation is pointless three years out but I find it hard to believe the Republican voters are going to get tricked into nominating a RINO like Christie, when the last two times they did that they went down in flames to a teleprompter president.

11-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Latest polling shows him winning the Virginia and SOUTH CAROLINA primaries. Hows that for not winning outside nj/ny

Eh, so what. He has no chance in IA or NH. The media will pronounce him over with by SC and by VA the race is over with.

Also he won't be allowed to shout down other candidates in the debates like it was the boardwalk in seaside heights. His style won't play well at all in the rest of the country.

alucard13mm
11-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Eh, so what. He has no chance in IA or NH. The media will pronounce him over with by SC and by VA the race is over with.

Also he won't be allowed to shout down other candidates in the debates like it was the boardwalk in seaside heights. His style won't play well at all in the rest of the country.

IA doesnt matter if Ron Paul wins ;P... remember? lolz

klamath
11-05-2013, 11:45 PM
where is this poll?It was on the 2016 primary map thread. he was also tied with rand in Ohio. the latest nation primary poll had him tied with rand. Rand wasn't winning iowa somebody else was. The only one Rand was winning of the first three was NH. Christie's polling can only come up after todays elections.

Brian4Liberty
11-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Of course Christie can win blue states. He is a Democrat after all.

Thread winner.