PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins........................ (Cuccinelli)

AuH20
11-05-2013, 02:37 PM
The reason Cuccinelli may have lost was because the Dems & their outside groups outspent him 2.5 to 1 with massive ad buys and painted him as a zealot. Meanwhile, the GOP big donors intentionally left hanging him in the wind because he's not a crony capitalist-insider politician that they like. These results have nothing to do with limited government views. IT WAS ABOUT MONEY. IF YOU CAN WIELD ENOUGH MONEY AND INFLUENCE IN THE MSM YOU COULD TURN MOTHER THERESA INTO A PARIAH. It's that simple. The voters can barely tie their shoes and they form their opinions off ads sadly.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/11/how-ken-cuccinelli-blew-it/281156/

None of these issues broke through, in part because of McAuliffe’s multimillion-dollar avalanche of ads pillorying Cuccinelli as an antiabortion zealot who wants to confiscate women’s birth-control pills. “This whole race is framed around him hating women,” said Jamie Radtke, founder of the Virginia Tea Party Patriots. “Governor [Bob] McDonnell had just as strong of a pro-life record when he ran in 2009, but he wasn’t outspent like this.”

In a state President Obama carried twice, Cuccinelli’s rigid policy positions endear him to the Tea Party but cut him off from key swaths of voters. The attorney general assailed a $600 million transportation-funding package to relieve the state’s economy-choking congestion, because it raises taxes—heresy in Tea Party world. But traffic is a top issue in commuter-heavy Northern Virginia, where statewide races are largely won and lost. The bipartisan initiative was also widely applauded by the business community, a key GOP constituency that blew off Cuccinelli and, in some cases, ran into McAuliffe’s arms.

Brent Bozell is making no apologies. The chairman of ForAmerica, a conservative grassroots group, said, “The moderate branch of the Republican Party turned its back on Cuccinelli, and that hurt him big time. When this is all over, win or lose, there’s got to be a conversation about that.”

eduardo89
11-05-2013, 02:47 PM
So he lost already? Polls don't close for another 4 or so hours, right?

Neil Desmond
11-05-2013, 02:48 PM
That's right & I'm on my way to vote now.

eduardo89
11-05-2013, 02:50 PM
That's right & I'm on my way to vote now.

Hopefully for Ken!

AuH20
11-05-2013, 02:51 PM

Exit polling doesn't look good. The drones, err Professional Voters apparently showed up in great numbers.

specsaregood
11-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Meanwhile, the GOP big donors intentionally left hanging him in the wind because he's not a crony capitalist-insider politician that they like.

Similar to NJ. The RNC actually send out fundraising letters asking people to donate to them so they could help Lonegan. Then didn't use any of those donations to support Lonegan, not a single penny.

BuddyRey
11-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Exit polling doesn't look good. The drones, err Professional Voters apparently showed up in great numbers.

That's probably just because Republicans (a.k.a. people who work for a living) haven't punched out yet.

pcosmar
11-05-2013, 02:56 PM

Was my thought.

HOLLYWOOD
11-05-2013, 03:04 PM
It appears the Marxists were called in to flood the comments section as soon as the article went online.

Lots of trolling...

We and this forum have been through so much over the years, I think a few RP forums members can run campaigns better than these "professional" campaign managers and staffers. Their WARROOMS must really suck... but I was correct that the Marxist Media would release their hounds on attacking the Tea Party, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, etc... we know this game, we know how ignorant, apathetic, and lazy American voters today have become, we know how the CIA, .Gov, and media work together to manipulate the masses, especially over trivial trash.

Even Ron's speech last night in Virginia, lacks the details in dumbing it down for the average citizen, how it personally effects them, into uniting the people against the failed state.

Yeah, the Atlantic Magazine, as rigged as the cabal that controls rating movies, to THE FED & the banksters... everything is rigged today.

Barrex
11-05-2013, 03:04 PM
What are your predictions then will he lose?

AuH20
11-05-2013, 03:05 PM
As soon as Cuccinelli told these crooks that he could not on principle endorse the 600 million dollars in road infrastructure improvements for Northern VA, they switched sides to McAuliffe. Note that this endeavor would be funded by tax increases.

AuH20
11-05-2013, 03:06 PM
What are your predictions then will he lose?

I'm not encouraged by the good turnout by the professional voters in the urban enclaves.

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2013, 03:08 PM
The reason Cuccinelli may have lost was because the Dems & their outside groups outspent him 2.5 to 1 with massive ad buys and painted him as a zealot. Meanwhile, the GOP big donors intentionally left hanging him in the wind because he's not a crony capitalist-insider politician that they like. These results have nothing to do with limited government views. IT WAS ABOUT MONEY. IF YOU CAN WIELD ENOUGH MONEY AND INFLUENCE IN THE MSM YOU COULD TURN MOTHER THERESA INTO A PARIAH. It's that simple. The voters can barely tie their shoes and they form their opinions off ads sadly.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/11/how-ken-cuccinelli-blew-it/281156/

I think it's tragically funny that people are just now figuring this out. :D I guess every generation has to figure it out one way or another. ~sigh~

AuH20
11-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Some better news:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/05/Early-Reports-on-Turnout-for-Virginia-Governor-s-Election-A-Trickle

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2013, 03:10 PM
That's probably just because Republicans (a.k.a. people who work for a living) haven't punched out yet.

Collecting social security checks and doing laps around the retirement home counts as work? ;) :D

thoughtomator
11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
The turnout numbers I'm seeing make me think this race is not yet even close to decided. Low numbers in Obama areas, high numbers in Romney areas.

pcosmar
11-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Placing blame.. (it started before the voting did)

It's the hordes of "professional voters" (otherwise called "getting out the vote")
It's the libertarians (though they are such a small minority they weren't worth considering or courting)

It is never the Party (that a lot of folks are pissed at) or the Candidate (that the same party tried to push)
It is always someone elses fault.

Or maybe it really was pre-decided by the machines.

Bastiat's The Law
I think we need an 'Official" results thread.

ravedown
wow- it's amazing how little i give a shit about a potential republican gov. from virginia.

AuH20
11-05-2013, 03:15 PM
The Republican Establishment is giddy with joy:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/04/The-RINOs-want-a-Terry-McAuliffe-victory-in-Virginia

Bastiat's The Law
11-05-2013, 03:15 PM
The turnout numbers I'm seeing make me think this race is not yet even close to decided. Low numbers in Obama areas, high numbers in Romney areas.

Do we have an official results thread yet? I would like to see numbers and comments from the people on the ground in Virginia.

Bastiat's The Law
11-05-2013, 03:16 PM
wow- it's amazing how little i give a shit about a potential republican gov. from virginia.

And yet you burn calories posting about it.

Feeding the Abscess
11-05-2013, 03:16 PM
As soon as Cuccinelli told these crooks that he could not on principle endorse the 600 million dollars in road infrastructure improvements for Northern VA, they switched sides to McAuliffe. Note that this endeavor would be funded by tax increases.

Why is compromising in other areas to get elected acceptable, but not in this specific area? Why not just literally tell everyone what they want to hear to get elected, then implement your agenda?

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Placing blame.. (it started before the voting did)

It's the hordes of "professional voters" (otherwise called "getting out the vote")
It's the libertarians (though they are such a small minority they weren't worth considering or courting)

It is never the Party (that a lot of folks are pissed at) or the Candidate (that the same party tried to push)
It is always someone elses fault.

Or maybe it really was pre-decided by the machines.

That^^ Divide and conquer is a classic, very successful technique the regime has always employed.

SilentBull
11-05-2013, 03:24 PM
I have no hope that Ken can pull this off. And I'm tired of getting my hopes up with all the reports about "low turnout".

HOLLYWOOD
11-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Wow, listening to the FOX NEWS feed LIVE...

Rich Edson reporting to Sheppard Smith, "The GOP has stated, If Ken Cuccinelli loses his gubernatorial race, these elections will prove the Tea Party cannot attract voters to support Republicans and the GOP."

Holy Shit there you have the game plan... where was Rinse Pubis and the RNC with their campaign funds? How about that corrupt phony current GOP stooge running Virginia, Bob McDonald? McDonald has done so much damage, he's left a sour taste in voters mouths like , Dubya W. Bush did to the GOP in '06 and '08. What a mess... I wondering if the hidden bundlers that control the GOP, Sheldon Adelson and company, refused to support Cooch? How much money from Crossroads America and Crossroads GPS spend?

PS: The little New Jersey gubernatorial race has spent over $65 Million...

wgadget
11-05-2013, 03:55 PM
They just said Fairfax is the hugest county and it's solid blue.

thoughtomator
11-05-2013, 03:56 PM
They just said Fairfax is the hugest county and it's solid blue.

Yes that is true, and the rest of the state is almost all solid red. The biggest question is what the turnout is going to be in Fairfax, and word so far is it's modest.

Neil Desmond
11-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Hopefully for Ken!

;)

wgadget
11-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Fingers crossed for an upset.

wgadget
11-05-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm listening to WCHV 107.5 on TuneIn radio, btw. Out of Charlottesville.

AuH20
11-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Wow, listening to the FOX NEWS feed LIVE...

Rich Edson reporting to Sheppard Smith, "The GOP has stated, If Ken Cuccinelli loses his gubernatorial race, these elections will prove the Tea Party cannot attract voters to support Republicans and the GOP."

Holy Shit there you have the game plan... where was Rinse Pubis and the RNC with their campaign funds? How about that corrupt phony current GOP stooge running Virginia, Bob McDonald? McDonald has done so much damage, he's left a sour taste in voters mouths like , Dubya W. Bush did to the GOP in '06 and '08. What a mess... I wondering if the hidden bundlers that control the GOP, Sheldon Adelson and company, refused to support Cooch? How much money from Crossroads America and Crossroads GPS spend?

PS: The little New Jersey gubernatorial race has spent over $65 Million...

The One Party System isn't even trying to anymore. It's all out in the open.

chudrockz
11-05-2013, 04:18 PM
And yet you burn calories posting about it.

Maybe he gives somewhat of a shit about weight loss!

wgadget
11-05-2013, 04:19 PM
The woman in WCHV just said the RINOs did not support Christie because he didn't need it. ???

I think she's a talking-point-filled flaming lib. She's blaming KC's "loss" on the shutdown. ???

wgadget
11-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Ok, she just said she's a Dem....And she's OUTTA HERE.