PDA

View Full Version : Does/Did Judge Nap have cancer???

juvanya
11-05-2013, 06:08 AM
I JUST saw him on Fox and Friends and he looked thin as the dickens, his face looked a bit shriveled and aged, his hair was different, and his voice was unrecognizable, or barely. I was questioning whether it was even him.

It looks like he had cancer, and considering that abrupt cancellation, maybe thats what happened. Or it could be AIDS maybe if the rumors are true (which I have been told from like double hearsay, is true)? Some googling suggests he was on a wheat free diet, but I find that hard to believe looking at him.

Good to see he is alive at least.

Todd
11-05-2013, 06:40 AM
I think it's just been one heck of a lifestyle change.

Working Poor
11-05-2013, 06:47 AM
I noticed that he does not look well..

presence
11-05-2013, 07:37 AM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4701525819393873&w=276&h=188&c=7&rs=1&qlt=80&pid=1.7

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4598360709400735&w=255&h=174&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

tod evans
11-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Young mistress I hope...

HOLLYWOOD
11-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Again... he went on a diet... Low Carb and elimination of all WHEAT products. That includes all wheat, even the small portion in soups. Hair dye helps too.

You can always send the Judge a tweet.

roho76
11-05-2013, 08:15 AM
I JUST saw him on Fox and Friends and he looked thin as the dickens, his face looked a bit shriveled and aged, his hair was different, and his voice was unrecognizable, or barely. I was questioning whether it was even him.

It looks like he had cancer, and considering that abrupt cancellation, maybe thats what happened. Or it could be AIDS maybe if the rumors are true (which I have been told from like double hearsay, is true)? Some googling suggests he was on a wheat free diet, but I find that hard to believe looking at him.

Good to see he is alive at least.

When I switched to paleo (wheat, sugar, dairy free) I lost about 50lbs in just under two months. I'm 6'0" tall and I was 217lbs at Christmas last year and started my diet around the end of January. By Mid March I was 170lbs and then over the next two weeks my body finally settled at 160-165lbs. I eat a ton of produce and meat so I know that it was my consumption of less desirables that was making me over weight. Wheat belly is real and it makes you look fat and bloated. Now I feel great. High energy, good sleep. Best shape of my life.

ObiRandKenobi
11-05-2013, 11:00 AM
When I switched to paleo (wheat, sugar, dairy free) I lost about 50lbs in just under two months.

what is left to eat?

jllundqu
11-05-2013, 11:10 AM
what is left to eat?

Fruits, Veggies, Meats, and Fats.

http://danesbodyshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Steak-and-Wine.jpg

Oh hell yes.

BuddyRey
11-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Just out of curiosity, why does the Paleo diet forbid dairy? Isn't milk a natural, animal product, and therefor something that our ancient ancestors probably consumed?

I'm a believer in Primal/Paleo, but abstention from dairy still doesn't quite make sense to me.

HOLLYWOOD
11-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Fruits, Veggies, Meats, and Fats.

http://danesbodyshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Steak-and-Wine.jpg

Oh hell yes.That's my diet... with fruits and veggies, works like a charm. Oh, and lots of good wine :D

...always substitute unprocessed 'raw' honey for any sugars/sweeteners when required.

fr33
11-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Just out of curiosity, why does the Paleo diet forbid dairy? Isn't milk a natural, animal product, and therefor something that our ancient ancestors probably consumed?

I'm a believer in Primal/Paleo, but abstention from dairy still doesn't quite make sense to me.

It's supposed to be a hunter/gather diet. I don't reckon milk from dead animals would be very good.

jllundqu
11-05-2013, 11:36 AM
It's supposed to be a hunter/gather diet. I don't reckon milk from dead animals would be very good.

Also Casein and Sugar in milk is not ideal for human consumption. Although I do enjoy me some good friggin raw milk! I'm not 100% paleo as I find it too difficult to maintain. I will adjust my diet according to weight and overall feeling of well being. If I am getting lethargic and putting on weight, I go stricter with the no grains or wheats, etc.

Works wonders.

EBounding
11-05-2013, 11:39 AM
I was looking into this paleo diet and there's all these restrictions with diary and beans, but alcohol and beer are ok? :confused:

specsaregood
11-05-2013, 11:43 AM
I was looking into this paleo diet and there's all these restrictions with diary and beans, but alcohol and beer are ok? :confused:

Dairy is ok on primal, if you find it doesn't bother you. A lot of people notice an improvement in their health when they get off of it. Alcohol and beer are not "ok", but there is no reason to let perfect be the enemy of good either.

BuddyRey
11-05-2013, 11:44 AM

But we know that flesh from a dead animal is great...so why would milk not be? Especially given how rich it is in calcium, protein, etc.

jllundqu
11-05-2013, 11:44 AM
No beer (=grains)

Wine and some spirits are OK depending on how strict you want to be. It's really about avoiding certain foods to maintain a low carb/high fat ratio.

dannno
11-05-2013, 12:30 PM
what is left to eat?

Besides veggies, meat, grass-fed butter, coconut oil, fruit, nuts and seeds..

Some people still eat dairy, usually either in small amounts, but preferably grass fed or raw dairy.. Butter and cheese are better options than pasteurized milk.

There's also the 80/20 rule that many follow, trying to keep at least 80% of their diet paleo and up to 20% can be non-paleo and it is still very effective. Of course you can increase effectiveness by making the 20% stuff like occasional white rice or legumes as opposed to bread and sugar.

dannno
11-05-2013, 12:31 PM
No beer (=grains)

Wine and some spirits are OK depending on how strict you want to be. It's really about avoiding certain foods to maintain a low carb/high fat ratio.

I still drink beer, it's part of my 20%. I don't have a six pack every night, more like a few a week at most.

ctiger2
11-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Yep, eliminate grains, starches and sugar and watch the fat melt away. Eat as much meat, fat, veggies, fruits as you want.

green73
11-05-2013, 12:55 PM
When I switched to paleo (wheat, sugar, dairy free) I lost about 50lbs in just under two months. I'm 6'0" tall and I was 217lbs at Christmas last year and started my diet around the end of January. By Mid March I was 170lbs and then over the next two weeks my body finally settled at 160-165lbs. I eat a ton of produce and meat so I know that it was my consumption of less desirables that was making me over weight. Wheat belly is real and it makes you look fat and bloated. Now I feel great. High energy, good sleep. Best shape of my life.

Great to hear!

TaftFan
11-05-2013, 01:20 PM
It's probably the excess skin from his fat days which makes him look shriveled.

JK/SEA
11-05-2013, 01:34 PM
ya'll are forgetting sodium. Try and do what i'm doing. Cut my sugar 2/3rds...stopped dairy over 2/3rds...lean meats..and stay under 1500mg sodium...try that last one...not easy, but i've lost 25lbs. in a few months without heavy exercise. Walks, daily chores, and the occaisional wood chopping. Started at 278lbs...now 253 and falling. 220 lbs is my goal.

sodium almost killed me. No lie.

dannno
11-05-2013, 01:46 PM
ya'll are forgetting sodium. Try and do what i'm doing. Cut my sugar 2/3rds...stopped dairy over 2/3rds...lean meats..and stay under 1500mg sodium...try that last one...not easy, but i've lost 25lbs. in a few months without heavy exercise. Walks, daily chores, and the occaisional wood chopping. Started at 278lbs...now 253 and falling. 220 lbs is my goal.

sodium almost killed me. No lie.

Get the himalayan pink salt, sodium is fine if it is taken with enough other essential elements like those found in himalayan salt. Not to say that you will want to oversalt everything, but your health will benefit if you use it in moderation.

Antischism
11-05-2013, 01:46 PM
I dunno. As for the diet conversation, I eat plenty of lean meats, lots of wheat (carbs) in the form of bread and pasta, greens, fruits, and tons of milk/cheese of the fat-free variety. Also plenty of nuts and eggs. Been using pink sea salt instead of regular salt and only using virgin + extra virgin olive oil. I want to try coconut oil. I'm in the best shape I've ever been in and I have strong/visible abs. I stay away from juice and soda, only drink water. I wouldn't be able to do the paleo diet personally, as I enjoy dairy way too much. It's great that it has worked well for others, though.

Suzu
11-05-2013, 01:56 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4701525819393873&w=276&h=188&c=7&rs=1&qlt=80&pid=1.7

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4598360709400735&w=255&h=174&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7
So... there you have the evidence: If you want to go from robust and full of vitality, to looking like a washed out remnant of yourself, all you need to do is quit eating wheat!

dannno
11-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I dunno. As for the diet conversation, I eat plenty of lean meats, lots of wheat (carbs) in the form of bread and pasta, greens, fruits, and tons of milk/cheese of the fat-free variety. Also plenty of nuts and eggs. Been using pink sea salt instead of regular salt and only using virgin + extra virgin olive oil. I want to try coconut oil. I'm in the best shape I've ever been in and I have strong/visible abs. I stay away from juice and soda, only drink water. I wouldn't be able to do the paleo diet personally, as I enjoy dairy way too much. It's great that it has worked well for others, though.

You should read my posts, there is nothing wrong with dairy, you can be paleo and eat dairy.. In fact you can be paleo and eat anything if you keep it under 20% and you will still be fairly well off.

Everything you said is fine except the wheat, and you should eat grass fed or raw high fat dairy. The fat in the dairy is really the part that is good for you.

If you are active enough you will burn off the carbs and not gain weight eating bread and pasta, but it is not optimal for your longterm health as it is slowly increasing your insulin resistance, raising your blood sugar, which is followed by a crash. You can pad the crash with more carbs, but that's sort of like the Federal Reserve padding a crash with more inflation, it increases longterm problems later.

If you do away with the carbs, you will crave them for a few days or more until you have gotten rid of any yeast overgrowths and then your body will learn to use fat as the primary source of fuel instead of carbs. Once this happens your metabolism will kick into high gear and burn the fat in your diet and the fat on your body for fuel and you won't get the carb crash later on.

I am actually thinking that one of the reasons this diet is so successful within the liberty movement may have to do with what I was just saying about carb crashes and the federal reserve, they are actually fairly similar mechanisms and people in the liberty movement seem to 'get' moving away from carbs more easily, possibly for this reason though it would be subconcious as I haven't heard the analogy before.

dannno
11-05-2013, 02:44 PM
So... there you have the evidence: If you want to go from robust and full of vitality, to looking like a washed out remnant of yourself, all you need to do is quit eating wheat!

I'm sorry, but I'll take this body over the fat unhealthy one any day:

http://images.mises.org/people/JudgeNapolitano2013.jpg

Wow, he looks different!

Why don't you ask him how he feels before making assumptions about how he feels?

BuddyRey
11-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Some people just don't look right skinny. Al Sharpton is another example of a guy who looks kinda strange after losing a ton of weight, especially because he has a huge head.

squarepusher
11-05-2013, 04:25 PM
our ancestors sure were eating meat at every meal :rolleyes:

ZENemy
11-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Its crazy that in today's society if one loses weight that people tend to think he must be sick!

I'm not ridiculing the OP or the post, just noting that it IS the norm.

Rothbardian Girl
11-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Its crazy that in today's society if one loses weight that people tend to think he must be sick!

I'm not ridiculing the OP or the post, just noting that it IS the norm.
I think there's a difference between losing weight and looking gaunt. Maybe the weight loss coincided with his hair losing its luster... I'm not really sure. Some people start to look really weird when they age and get skinnier at the same time. Sometimes people just don't look as good when they get skinnier.

Cutlerzzz
11-05-2013, 04:55 PM
The Judge should gain weight.

Feeding the Abscess
11-05-2013, 04:57 PM
I think there's a difference between losing weight and looking gaunt. Maybe the weight loss coincided with his hair losing its luster... I'm not really sure. Some people start to look really weird when they age and get skinnier at the same time. Sometimes people just don't look as good when they get skinnier.

Not to worry, Judge Nap has since dyed his hair a ridiculous color.

ZENemy
11-05-2013, 05:09 PM

I do agree to a point, I am a personal trainer, maybe I am used to such dramatic changes because he does not look unhealthy to me. I think today, we are not used to lean people. Take a look at the average person in the 1920's look at their Chins and neck, LEAN as can be, most would say they are unhealthy looking.

Cutlerzzz
11-05-2013, 05:22 PM
His head is too big for his body unless he's fat and he needs his white hair back. He used to be like a jolly, Latin Santa Clause. Now he looks unnatural.

BuddyRey
11-05-2013, 05:31 PM
His head is too big for his body unless he's fat and he needs his white hair back. He used to be like a jolly, Latin Santa Clause. Now he looks unnatural.

Speaking of jolly, I haven't seen the Judge laugh or even smile much lately. Part of the fun of watching him on Freedom Watch was that he had such an ebullient, "light up a room" type personality, and always had that contagious grin. Now that he's lost weight, he seems very dour and serious all the time, and doesn't crack me up anymore.

This has happened to a lot of big, funny guys I've liked in the past. I call it the Will Sasso Effect.

Feeding the Abscess
11-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Speaking of jolly, I haven't seen the Judge laugh or even smile much lately. Part of the fun of watching him on Freedom Watch was that he had such an ebullient, "light up a room" type personality, and always had that contagious grin. Now he seems very dour and serious all the time, and doesn't crack me up anymore.

This has happened to a lot of big, funny guys I've liked in the past. I call it the Will Sasso Effect.

He's kind of followed the Fox News/Republican line more ardently than he did in the past. I bet that probably is eating at his soul more than the weight loss and change in appearance.

I'd be far less jolly if I had to do that, at least.

TaftFan
11-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Speaking of jolly, I haven't seen the Judge laugh or even smile much lately. Part of the fun of watching him on Freedom Watch was that he had such an ebullient, "light up a room" type personality, and always had that contagious grin. Now that he's lost weight, he seems very dour and serious all the time, and doesn't crack me up anymore.

The last few videos Eduardo has posted it seems like he has been cracking up.

dannno
11-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Maybe the weight loss coincided with his hair losing its luster...

I think he used to use more hair gel.

juvanya
11-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I think it's just been one heck of a lifestyle change.
He doesnt look very healthy tho...

thread derail >_>

Yea, I meant to mention that. It just didnt seem like him at all.

kuckfeynes
11-05-2013, 09:54 PM
The gluten problem has been disseminated in our culture pretty well by now. A lot of people still don't understand the issues with dairy though, even raw unpasteurized unhomogenized grass fed dairy. Most of the world is still lactose intolerant. Very interesting read on the history of human dairy consumption:

http://www.nature.com/news/archaeology-the-milk-revolution-1.13471

Matt Collins
11-05-2013, 11:34 PM
When you lose weight, it almost always makes you look older. And when you have grey hair already, it makes the effect that much worse. I think he may have compensated by moving his hair slightly darker after he lost the weight so that he didn't look as old as it could've made him look.

That and some people just look better carrying some weight on them, the Judge fits into this category IMO. Fred Thompason does too.

Feeding the Abscess
11-05-2013, 11:37 PM
When you lose weight, it almost always makes you look older. And when you have grey hair already, it makes the effect that much worse. I think he may have compensated by moving his hair slightly darker after he lost the weight so that he didn't look as old as it could've made him look.

That and some people just look better carrying some weight on them, the Judge fits into this category IMO. Fred Thompason does too.

Slightly darker? His hair hasn't been anywhere near that color in at least 10 years.

For what it's worth, I lost over 50 pounds and I look much younger. Granted, I'm 6'4" and still in my 20s.

RickyJ
11-05-2013, 11:42 PM

This is true because all those wrinkles that the fat was hiding become more visible after you lose weight. Still it is better to lose weight despite appearing more wrinkly and older in the face. The rest of his body however has a more youthful look and I am sure he feels much better after losing all that weight.

MelissaWV
11-06-2013, 05:42 AM
our ancestors sure were eating meat at every meal :rolleyes:

Washed down with wine from a natural wine spring.

The Paleo/Primal thing is just poorly named. It has very little to do with what hunter/gatherer societies would eat and more to do with what people currently perceive to be good for you. No grains (even though grains were part of diets, often ground down and mixed with animal fats and berries to create travel food), but wine (which of course occurs naturally?) is okay. No dairy (because no one ever milked an animal prior to domestication) but meat is beyond okay (cooked, selective meat, and most Paleo/Primal folks eat a whole lot more of it than our ancestors would see in a week at one sitting). Veggies are great, but again it's our modern version of it, and has no real relation to what was prized by those societies.

presence
11-06-2013, 07:06 AM

The Paleo/Primal thing is just poorly named. It has very little to do with what hunter/gatherer societies would eat and more to do with what people currently perceive to be good for you. No grains (even though grains were part of diets, often ground down and mixed with animal fats and berries to create travel food), but wine (which of course occurs naturally?) is okay. No dairy (because no one ever milked an animal prior to domestication) but meat is beyond okay (cooked, selective meat, and most Paleo/Primal folks eat a whole lot more of it than our ancestors would see in a week at one sitting). Veggies are great, but again it's our modern version of it, and has no real relation to what was prized by those societies.

The apples fall down out of my trees... roll into buckets, I dump the buckets in my press... juice flows out the bottom... left alone at room temperature for a few weeks w/ naturally occuring yeasts... even without adding a thing... 95% of the time =

natural wine spring

:)

(of course I prefer the flavor consistency of potassium metabisulfite and Lavin 1118 yeast... but sure as hell I get wine either way)

You should see the bears and deer this time of year. :toady:

Cowlesy
11-06-2013, 07:57 AM

I think activity is 90% of it. I know some farmers in the midwest who are all 6'4'' to 6'5'' tanks of guys, eat all sorts of grains/biscuits/buns/wheat products, and are in great shape. I think it's mostly because they're extremely active from sun-up to sundown.

Compare that to someone who wakes up, drives to work, sits at a desk all day, and drives home. You could have almost nil real physical activity. Multiply that by a few weeks/months/years, and that's probably why half of America is so unhealthy.

All the grains/wheats/carbs are your active fuel, and if you aren't active in any real sense, it probably makes one sick.

jtap
11-06-2013, 08:52 AM
I think activity is 90% of it. I know some farmers in the midwest who are all 6'4'' to 6'5'' tanks of guys, eat all sorts of grains/biscuits/buns/wheat products, and are in great shape. I think it's mostly because they're extremely active from sun-up to sundown.

Compare that to someone who wakes up, drives to work, sits at a desk all day, and drives home. You could have almost nil real physical activity. Multiply that by a few weeks/months/years, and that's probably why half of America is so unhealthy.

All the grains/wheats/carbs are your active fuel, and if you aren't active in any real sense, it probably makes one sick.

Strange that our "advanced society" doesn't sound so good when you put it that way.

Cowlesy
11-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Strange that our "advanced society" doesn't sound so good when you put it that way.

Hah, no kidding. It's too bad it had to be Michelle Obama to be the person spearheading the govt's "Let's Move" plan (60 minutes of activity a day), because it'd probably do most of us a world of good to actually do 60 minutes of activity daily.

angelatc
11-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Hah, no kidding. It's too bad it had to be Michelle Obama to be the person spearheading the govt's "Let's Move" plan (60 minutes of activity a day), because it'd probably do most of us a world of good to actually do 60 minutes of activity daily.

Everybody knows that already. Thats why gym memberships exist. But while farmers get their exercise while they work, a lot of city folks find that exercising is just more work. One more thing on that never-ending to-do list.

LibertyEagle
11-06-2013, 04:44 PM
I don't understand this thread. I think Judge Napolitano looks fabulous.

presence
11-06-2013, 04:50 PM

I definitely get a primal feeling when I'm ground harvesting apple.

tod evans
11-06-2013, 04:54 PM
I definitely get a primal feeling when I'm ground harvesting apple.

I get that "primal feeling" as 40# of warm intestines splash at my feet....:eek:

jtap
11-07-2013, 07:42 AM

I would much rather a non-sedentary occupation...but it doesn't pay.