PDA

View Full Version : The Libertarian can save the country by dropping out

wgadget
11-04-2013, 02:21 PM
..of the Virginia race, making a gracious speech and endorsing Cuccinelli.
Win win. He should go to tonight's Ron Paul rally to do it. ;)

Am I right?

eduardo89
11-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Completely right.

phill4paul
11-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Completely right.

I could see the reasoning if the L.P. received some concessions. If the GOP would concede to allowing the L.P. candidates equal time in all debates it would be a win-win. Giving something for nothing leaves you with nothing.

fr33
11-04-2013, 02:28 PM
How is the Virginia governor going to 'save the country'?

belian78
11-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Red good!!! Everyone else bad!!!!!

Carlybee
11-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Wow....holy hyperbole Batman

No1butPaul
11-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Yes, I agree with your assessment of the significance of such a gesture. This is not just any race, or Hillary, Bill, and Obama would not have all made a visit there. Further, the Rino's are not supporting Cuccinelli which is basically the same as supporting the dem. Like Ron Paul said, they all like Big Government, they just like to spend money on different things. For whatever his/our disagreements with Cuccinelli, he is small government and the fact that Ron Paul is endorsing him, and campaigning for him in person, should say a lot.

wgadget
11-04-2013, 02:38 PM
And the Tea Party and libertarian branch would gain some credibility with the press and the RINOs would quake with fear.

Matt Collins
11-04-2013, 02:45 PM
A shame the LP guy isn't really that dedicated to ideology, or that bright; he is in a position of tremendous power.

wgadget
11-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Would be nice if he was meeting with Ron Paul as we type.

Todd
11-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Save the Country?

It's just Virginia folks.

Paulbot99
11-04-2013, 02:57 PM
If we let the Libs take Virginia, who knows what might happen.

wgadget
11-04-2013, 02:58 PM
This one has serious ramifications. If the Dem wins it means Obamacare is not an issue, that big money still wins, and that Hillary may be a force to reckon with.

wgadget
11-04-2013, 02:59 PM
It's a swing state. We can't allow the media to claim the Tea Party is dead.

wgadget
11-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Most importantly, the RINOs are rooting for the DEM.

Bastiat's The Law
11-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Save the Country?

It's just Virginia folks.

It's a proxy battle for liberty and ultimately the direction of the country.

Bastiat's The Law
11-04-2013, 03:04 PM
It's a swing state. We can't allow the media to claim the Tea Party is dead.

The DEMS and RINOS wish to stomp out any grassroots, limit-government initiatives. We can't allow that to happen. It's taken years and considerable luck to get where we are today.

georgiaboy
11-04-2013, 03:06 PM
I support this idea.
It does all sorts of good.

klamath
11-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Save the Country?

It's just Virginia folks.So you think. Virginia is an extremely powerful swing state. What is at risk here is that the "I want to beat the democrat" primary voters are gong to back Christy because CHRISTY CAN WIN. Rand cannot win in a critical state like Virginia but Christy can win in not only Virginia but hugely democratic, electoral vote rich NJ, is what they will learn from this.

cajuncocoa
11-04-2013, 03:17 PM
..of the Virginia race, making a gracious speech and endorsing Cuccinelli.
Win win. He should go to tonight's Ron Paul rally to do it. ;)

Am I right?No.

Miss Annie
11-04-2013, 03:18 PM
I somehow wonder if Sarvis isn't more of a "party favor" staged by the dems?

mosquitobite
11-04-2013, 03:34 PM

Ding ding!
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Bastiat's The Law
11-04-2013, 03:37 PM

Someone is running commercials for him. Take your guess who that might be.

cajuncocoa
11-04-2013, 03:41 PM
A shame the LP guy isn't really that dedicated to ideology, or that bright; he is in a position of tremendous power.

It's a shame the GOP guy isn't really that dedicated to liberty. 'nuf said.

No1butPaul
11-04-2013, 03:44 PM
It's a shame the GOP guy isn't really that dedicated to liberty. 'nuf said. Who says? Ron Paul said he has consistently worked with the Liberty movement in Virginia. Do you have different information about that?

"Ken Cuccinelli has always stood for smaller government and limited government, he has consistently and unapologetically worked with the Liberty movement in Virginia. His stand against ObamaCare shows he is willing to stand up to Washington's continued abuses on our individual liberties. I am proud to endorse to Ken for Governor of Virginia."

Bastiat's The Law
11-04-2013, 04:13 PM
It's a shame the GOP guy isn't really that dedicated to liberty. 'nuf said.

Pick your poison. Terry McAuliffe sure isn't dedicated to liberty and the LP candidate is in favor of carbon taxes and against repealing taxes already on the books. He seems like the type of marijuana supporter, who tries to sway public opinion by pointing out how much the state could tax it. Gee, wouldn't that be great! Never-mind the fact that the tax pretense is what essentially made marijuana illegal in first place.

Paulbot99
11-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Christ....

I would love it if there was a Libertarian Governor of Virginia, but I fear the Progressives taking control of Virginia even more. They can do a lot more damage if they win than the Republican incumbent.

FSP-Rebel
11-04-2013, 06:13 PM
I support the thesis here and I do vote LP against rinos but I'm proffering that if the LP candidate does receive a sizable amount of votes that is perceived to costing Cooch a close race or a potential win, then irreparable damage will happen to the LP's standing w/ anti-establishment conservatives and further salt the libertarian name in their eyes. There will also be a permanent separation between Paul-town and the dyed-in-the-whole Libertarians/doctrinaire ancaps for good. Even if the LP guy was actually principled it would be a bust because of the "good is the enemy of the perfect'' concept of attempting to tank a grassroots conservative candidate that was chosen against an establishment background by going third party on him. Then the whole Paul strategic dynamic comes into play plus this being the first gubernatorial race that ether of them has jumped into for beneficiary purposes down the line. People forget that Ron's interest in this isn't just for Rand to be president or having a better shot at it, he's been fighting for liberty far longer than most of us and if this gets him closer to having his son appoint him to the run the US Treasury and shutter the Fed then endorsing a bonafide conservative in a swing state w/ a minor blemish isn't an issue. It's quite simple actually.

cajuncocoa
11-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Pick your poison. Terry McAuliffe sure isn't dedicated to liberty and the LP candidate is in favor of carbon taxes and against repealing taxes already on the books. He seems like the type of marijuana supporter, who tries to sway public opinion by pointing out how much the state could tax it. Gee, wouldn't that be great! Never-mind the fact that the tax pretense is what essentially made marijuana illegal in first place.

I realize that McAuliffe isn't good for liberty either (none of the three are, really). Let the people of VA decide then. Why should we push to get the LP candidate to drop out?

Paulbot99
11-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Because the Marxists will have a foothold in the state if they're elected even once. Say good bye to Virginia opposing Obamacare, drone strikes, etc. for the next four years.

Matt Collins
11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
It's a proxy battle for liberty and ultimately the direction of the country.
Exactly. I am not a Cuch fan myself, but there are long term strategic implications to this his victory in this race.

juvanya
11-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Last I checked, Cucc was in striking distance, despite Sarvis making gains. Im honestly not sure how I would vote if I were Virginian; I havent paid enough attention. Hope Cucc pulls thru and Sarvis still gets 10%.

Sidenote: This is what really pisses me off about the LP and other third parties. There is absolutely no reason to be running for governor when you havent won any local races.

Red Green
11-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Exactly. I am not a Cuch fan myself, but there are long term strategic implications to this his victory in this race.

I'm not in VA and had little interest in this until the Pauls became involved, especially since Ron has come out to close for him. Now I do think it is a big deal for the liberty movement for at least two reasons: 1) it will elevate the Paul brand in national politics and 2) Cuch will be keenly aware of who it was that pulled him across the finish line and might be very wary about crossing that faction as a governor.

wgadget
11-05-2013, 07:29 AM
I'm not in VA and had little interest in this until the Pauls became involved, especially since Ron has come out to close for him. Now I do think it is a big deal for the liberty movement for at least two reasons: 1) it will elevate the Paul brand in national politics and 2) Cuch will be keenly aware of who it was that pulled him across the finish line and might be very wary about crossing that faction as a governor.

And vice versa, unfortunately. I hope KC does well.