PDA

View Full Version : Chris Christie Is About To Win A Landslide, And He Wants Every Republican To Understand Why

CaseyJones
11-04-2013, 09:27 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chris-christie-win-landslide-wants-022005963.html

Gov. Chris Christie (R-N.J.) speaks to a campaign rally in Toms River, New Jersey, on Nov. 2, 2013

Mitt Romney's infamous "47%" remarks were a despairing message to the Republican Party: only a bare majority of Americans are interested in anything other than a government handout.

Republicans can forget about landslides. Their best hope is to line up nearly all of the non-taker voters to win by a slim majority.

As Gov. Chris Christie (R) prepares to romp to a landslide re-election in New Jersey on Tuesday, he has a message for Republicans everywhere: There's no need to limit yourself to 53% if you stop despairing and follow my lead.

On Sunday evening, here's what Christie told Morris County voters, at a rally held by the New Jersey Outdoor Alliance:

We need to show the Republican party in America that we can win again. And guess where they're going to be watching on Tuesday night to see if we win: right here in New Jersey.

Christie was too polite to say this, but Republicans will actually be watching two states on Tuesday: New Jersey, where Christie will win a landslide, and Virginia, where Republican nominee Ken Cuccinelli will lose badly.

Unlike Christie, Cuccinelli is a favorite of conservatives who love ideological purity and hate compromise. You could hardly come up with a better test case for Christie's compromise-or-die message.

But despair is one of the few things that unites today's fractured GOP. Republicans much more conservative than Romney share his basic diagnosis from the 47% speech. It's an open question whether the juxtaposition of Christie's landslide and Cuccinelli's burial will be enough to convince Republicans that broad popularity is possible and worth compromising for.

Christie has been making that case explicitly, telling voters they need to stop expecting so much purity and look for politicians who will make compromises to move the country forward. Speaking to supporters Saturday at Toms River High School South in Ocean County, a Republican stronghold on the Jersey Shore, Christie railed against ideological purity tests:

Let me tell you, if you're looking for the candidate that you agree with 100% of the time, then I want you to do something for me tonight: Go home and look in the mirror, because that's the only person you agree with 100% of the time. But sometimes we make political candidates feel like that's what you want. Like you want us to agree with you 100% of the time or you won't vote for us. You know what happens then? If you make politicians believe that, you know what they'll do, they'll just lie to you. They'll just look you in the eye and they'll say 'hm, I wonder what she wants to hear.'...

jmdrake
11-04-2013, 09:30 AM
That's nice. Chris Christie won't win Iowa or New Hampshire. That's all that matters.

klamath
11-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Bad bad day. It is all going to rest on how bad Obamacare effects people this next year otherwise the era of libertarian/republicans is over.

Lucille
11-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Christie has been making that case explicitly, telling voters they need to stop expecting so much purity and look for politicians who will make compromises to move the country forward.

Forward, eh? That sounds familiar.

http://www.mikeeiler.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/slogan0501_image.jpg

How about we change it back instead.

That despicable bigot at neo-Trot central was gushing all over the fat bastard last week. I have no doubt that Christie is the establishment's pick. What establishment Republican doesn't love a prosecutor, a police statist, and warmonger who isn't afraid to invoke 9/11 when anyone dares to suggest that US foreign policy or the police state is a problem?

If he's the not the GOP nominee, I'll eat my hat.

hxxp://hotair.com/archives/2013/11/01/quotes-of-the-day-1542/

HOLLYWOOD
11-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Christie has been making that case explicitly, telling voters they need to stop expecting so much purity and look for politicians who will make compromises to move the country forward. Wow if that ain't a Marxist/Leninist statement, eh? Let me wade through all the fat and decipher Chris Christie's bullshit.

Christie has been making that case explicitly, telling voters they need to stop expecting so much purity looking at debt, borrowing, and stealing from the future in buying votes today and look for politicians who will make compromises to move the country forward. use taxation and debt to enrich the 2 wings of the same vulture government, as we enslave and control all aspects over the people.

I wonder if Christie mentioned anything about the $60 Billion in new Debt to fix his state?

klamath
11-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Forward, eh? That sounds familiar.

http://www.mikeeiler.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/slogan0501_image.jpg

How about we change it back instead.

That despicable bigot at neo-Trot central was gushing all over the fat bastard last week. I have no doubt that Christie is the establishment's pick. What establishment Republican doesn't love a prosecutor, a police statist, and warmonger who isn't afraid to invoke 9/11 when anyone dares to suggest that US foreign policy or the police state is a problem?

If he's the not the GOP nominee, I'll eat my hat.

hxxp://hotair.com/archives/2013/11/01/quotes-of-the-day-1542/ Well the libertarians are busy eating their own. For a long time on here Rand was the most attacked politician on these forums. In the mean time True neoconservatism is making a comeback and they are going to show it big tomorrow.

Kotin
11-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Ooh yes winning in liberal cess pit New Jersey is Equatable to winning anywhere else or winning a republican presidential primary.. Chris Christie is definitely the worst of them right now.. Guy is a progressive democrat and think he can be the leader of republicans? Fuck off you fat piece of shit.

Acala
11-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Because truth, responsibility, and principles don't matter. Only winning power matters. And donuts. They also matter.

matt0611
11-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Because truth, responsibility, and principles don't matter. Only winning power matters. And donuts. They also matter.

http://www.theimproper.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/chrischristie-letterman1.jpg

cajuncocoa
11-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Christie has been making that case explicitly, telling voters they need to stop expecting so much purity and look for politicians who will make compromises to move the country forward. This sounds familiar.....am I the only one who recognizes it?

hint: substitute "Liberty Movement" for "country" in the above statement, and your favorite GOP candidate not named Ron Paul for "Christie".

specsaregood
11-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Pufferfish is a progressive democrat and think he can be the leader of republicans?

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3824/gml2.jpg

Lucille
11-04-2013, 10:54 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/new-book--obama-told-aides-that-drones-make-him--really-good-at-killing-people--144734667.html

...the book actually saves much of its harshest criticism for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who is apparently already making plans for a 2016 presidential bid. The book makes use of the research performed by the Romney campaign on Christie; the vetting is termed “disturbing,” with “garish controversies.” A Justice Department investigation into Christie’s spending, a defamation lawsuit, questions about lobbying and contract awards, Christie’s physical health – these were all fair game for Romney’s investigators and in turn for the authors of “Double Down.” Christie’s people could be busy for months trying to mitigate the damage this book will do to his reputation.

We can only hope this book destroys that neo-Trot pig.

Root
11-04-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm torn on even voting tomorrow. I was thinking about going just to vote for the LP candidate, and I get to wear my RP garb into the polling center.

Lucille
11-04-2013, 12:01 PM
http://www.theburningplatform.com/2013/11/04/code-name-pufferfish/

I find it hysterical that Romney’s campaign gave Christie the code name “PUFFERFISH” when they were vetting vice presidential candidates. Christie is an asshole. He is an obese prick. He blusters about unions and cutting spending, but it is a bullshit storyline. He kissed Obama’s bony ass for his Sandy relief and then spent it on campaign commercials. He loves photo ops, as long as the camera has a wide angle lens. His idea of consensus is to spend more of your money. His annual budget has more spending than Corzine’s last budget. He is positioning himself as the moderate Republican candidate in 2016. He kisses the asses of Democrats on social and spending issues, while acting like a neo-con on foreign affairs issues. The worst of both worlds wrapped in bacon. He would be a disaster as president. He is in the back pocket of Wall Street and they must have really big pockets to fit Pufferfish in there.
[...]
Conservatives who’ve been following Christie already knew his background was extremely problematic.

File this story away for the run up to 2016 where the Karl Rove-led consultant class will tell us that Christie’s the only one who can win. Just like they told us McCain and Romney were the only ones who could win.

specsaregood
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm torn on even voting tomorrow. I was thinking about going just to vote for the LP candidate, and I get to wear my RP garb into the polling center.
I'm not torn. no way is pufferfish getting my vote and he shouldn't get yours either. I'm going to vote for the "NSA did 9/11" party guy for governor.

Root
11-04-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm not torn. no way is pufferfish getting my vote and he shouldn't get yours either. I'm going to vote for the "NSA did 9/11" party guy for governor.
Oh I wouldn't vote for Pufferfish. I'm just trying to find the motivation to go vote for the LP guy. I guess I'll go vote against the minimum wage question. Skip the rest.

specsaregood
11-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Oh I wouldn't vote for Pufferfish. I'm just trying to find the motivation to go vote for the LP guy. I guess I'll go vote against the minimum wage question. Skip the rest.

Fair enough. Im not a truther; but im gonna vote for the NSA did 9/11 guy just cuz I do enjoy a good trolling of the elite. And because of christie's support for the NSA sticking wiretaps and cameras up our ass.

Root
11-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Fair enough. Im not a truther; but im gonna vote for the NSA did 9/11 guy just cuz I do enjoy a good trolling of the elite. And because of christie's support for the NSA sticking wiretaps and cameras up our ass.
Neither am I, but I can't trust whatever the government says happened either. Either way, I'm content with calling 9/11 'government failure day'. That's usually enough to get sheeple riled up.

Christie sabotaged our medical cannabis program and signed a bunch of useless gun control bills into law. That's reason enough for me.

JustinTime
11-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Im willing to compromise, I don't need a candidate to be perfect to earn my vote, I simply expect them to stand for something more than "Our team won!"

That's mentality is ruining the country, its at the heart of everything that is wrong in America.

Root
11-04-2013, 12:35 PM
By the way... I'm glad to see the Pufferfish nickname sticking. I used to call CC 'Gov. Sandwich', but Pufferfish is so much more fun.:D

dannno
11-04-2013, 12:43 PM
http://www.theimproper.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/chrischristie-letterman1.jpg

Like a lion attacking a gazelle.

nobody's_hero
11-04-2013, 01:46 PM
No need to explain it. He's gonna win a landslide because he's a Rockefeller Republican who is running in New Jersey. It's the same reason Mitt won Gov. in Massachusetts. You don't win as a republican in New England unless you're not a republican.

Brian4Liberty
11-04-2013, 02:11 PM
The Left is giddy about Christie. They love him.

klamath
11-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Obviously the libertarians are voting for Christy otherwise a Republican can't win:rolleyes: Libertarians obviously only vote for Neocon republicans but shun the GOP members that agree with them 90% of the time as compromising bastards.

fr33
11-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Obviously the libertarians are voting for Christy otherwise a Republican can't win:rolleyes: Libertarians obviously only vote for Neocon republicans but shun the GOP members that agree with them 90% of the time as compromising bastards.

Lol wipe that froth off your mouth. You aren't making any sense.