PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: Put 'Somebody New in Charge' of Intelligence

jct74
11-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Rand Paul: Put 'Somebody New in Charge' of Intelligence

Sunday, 03 Nov 2013 02:13 PM
By Sandy Fitzgerald

The United States has lost a great deal of credibility through the damaging leaks from former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul believes the only way the nation can start fresh is "with somebody new in charge" of the nation's intelligence services.

"I don't know whether any information has been distributed to foreign powers," Paul told ABC's "This Week" host George Stephanopoulos on Sunday. But he renewed his calls made during the summer for National Intelligence Director James Clapper to resign after claims made to the Senate that the United States doesn't collect information on Americans.

"I haven't heard of anybody talking about repercussions for him," Paul said.

The NSA leaks have shown the United States is "spying not only on foreign leaders, but there's an accusation that we spied on the pope as well," Paul said.

"I think really, that there are problems, and we've lost a lot of credibility," said Paul. "The only way I think you could start afresh is with somebody new in charge of your intelligence."

read more:
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rand-paul-intelligence-nsa/2013/11/03/id/534511

Patrick Henry
11-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Abolish the NSA, DHS, & TSA. (among others of course)