PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Walter Jones' primary opponent will now run as a democrat.

pulp8721
11-02-2013, 03:29 PM
w ww.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/02/jason-thigpen-gop-switch/

compromise
11-02-2013, 03:35 PM
No surprise there. Walter really proved his conservative credentials this year.

MichaelDavis
11-02-2013, 03:38 PM
This dude was just calling Jones a RINO a few weeks ago. Jones is going to crush this fake next year.

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2013, 03:46 PM
So the guy who ran around the conventions complaining that Jones wasn't conservative enough, has now become a Democrat because the Republicans are too conservative? LMAO and those drones at the OP's referenced site are eating it up! :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder how some folk remember that they are supposed to breathe.

erowe1
11-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Let this be the first of many war hawks who find that the party for them is the Ds not the Rs.

sluggo
11-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Hopefully this guy will waste a bunch of Dem money.

Brett85
11-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Walter Jones is far from a liberty candidate and a small government person, but I give him credit for taking good positions on foreign policy issues.

Cleaner44
11-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Let this be the first of many war hawks who find that the party for them is the Ds not the Rs.

Send the neocons back to the Democrat party that spawned them!

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Walter Jones is far from a liberty candidate and a small government person, but I give him credit for taking good positions on foreign policy issues.

Seems pretty good to me. Anti-TARP, anti-NDAA, anti-NSA spying, opposing PATRIOT renewals, what does he have to do to qualify as small government?

Brett85
11-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Seems pretty good to me. Anti-TARP, anti-NDAA, anti-NSA spying, opposing PATRIOT renewals, what does he have to do to qualify as small government?

Maybe support basic, small government positions like opposing additional government regulations.

GunnyFreedom
11-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Maybe support basic, small government positions like opposing additional government regulations.

I've paid pretty close attention to Walter Jones, he's anti Federal Reserve and anti TSA, and I've never known him to be a regulatory nazi. I truly have no idea what you are going on about. Is there a specific bill he voted for that bothers you?

Brett85
11-02-2013, 10:58 PM
I've paid pretty close attention to Walter Jones, he's anti Federal Reserve and anti TSA, and I've never known him to be a regulatory nazi. I truly have no idea what you are going on about. Is there a specific bill he voted for that bothers you?

He voted for the Frank-Dodd bill, which was probably the largest regulatory bill ever passed in our history. Just a few days ago, he voted against a bill that would've simply limited an aspect of the Frank-Dodd bill. He was the only Republican to vote against it. And I'm not a fan of Eric Cantor, but I'm pretty sure how he describes this bill is accurate since Amash and Massie voted for it. This is simply one example of the way Jones regularly votes.

http://majorityleader.gov/blog/2013/10/cantor-applauds-passage-of-retail-investor-protection-act.html

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll567.xml