PDA

View Full Version : Should I talk about RP at work

jufreese
11-28-2007, 09:45 PM
I work in a place that thousands are employed. I have a big sign in the back of my car that is his yard sign...RP...Hope for America. The other day I talked about politics with 2 of my fellow employees. Before saying a word about RP I knew they would like him. So at lunch break I printed out RP slim jims and put them on their desks. Now both them and their wifes support RP. Should I do more at my work? I've been told not to give my political opinion at work.

Ron Paul Fan
11-28-2007, 09:46 PM
You should do whatever it takes to get Ron Paul elected, as long as it's legal of course. If you get fired, you get fired. You'll still have your freedom.

madcat033
It's up to you. Is there a way you can do it without directly linking yourself to it?

derdy
That's your call. I do all the time, but we have a very laid back atmosphere. Heck, I'm at work right now and I just watched the debate on a sling box on one of my 21" monitors :p

Benaiah
11-28-2007, 09:47 PM
//

mavtek
11-28-2007, 09:48 PM
absolutely!

maxmerkel
11-28-2007, 09:49 PM
I work in a place that thousands are employed. I have a big sign in the back of my car that is his yard sign...RP...Hope for America. The other day I talked about politics with 2 of my fellow employees. Before saying a word about RP I knew they would like him. So at lunch break I printed out RP slim jims and put them on their desks. Now both them and their wifes support RP. Should I do more at my work? I've been told not to give my political opinion at work.

do it at lunch :)

jufreese
11-28-2007, 09:52 PM
I also put up his slim jims in the bathrooms where there are places to put up the paper...like a clip board.....they were all thrown away the next day. Also put up a slim jim on the bulletin board that was also thrown away. I work at Hill-Rom if you know what that is.

LBT
11-28-2007, 09:55 PM
A great way to introduce Ron Paul to people is to bring up the point that the political system is undergoing a dramatic change.

i.e. Previously a candidate had to raise money from various large corporations, which meant they would have to serve their interests, in order to have a chance.

But Ron Paul, in the Internet age, is showing that a candidate can raise huge amounts through grassroots supporters alone.

This means that the people are gaining power over powerful vested interests.

jaumen
11-28-2007, 09:56 PM

Do what you can without being disruptive. As long as you are doing your job and aren't keeping other people from doing their job there is no reason your employer should have a problem with it.

jpa
11-28-2007, 09:58 PM
I've gotten 15-20 people at my work to register repub and plan to vote for RP. I usually talk politics over lunch, and fit RP naturally in the conversation.

I also leave slimjims in the kitchen.

JMO
11-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I bring Ron Paul up once at work. If the person doesn't sound receptive then I back off. Unlike others I can't afford to get fired and I work for the government, so I can't place political bumper stickers on my car or wear anything political. I also can't afford to get fired, I unfortunately would not live long without medical insurance, so getting fired is not a option.

jufreese
11-28-2007, 10:03 PM
i definitely cant get fired. I really am just a co-op there. But I want to do as much as I can. No one really knows that I put up the slim jims except for the couple of people I talked to. Maybe I shouldnt put up the slim jims and just talk to people?

piotr1
11-28-2007, 10:19 PM
I work 16 hours a month at a local food co-op (its a supermarket for the people and by the people). Anyways, i wear a big google ron paul t-shirt when i go to bag groceries.

If anyone asks me about Ron Paul I give them a copy of Freedom to Fascism. Last week i was putting liberty cards into grocery bags, but a few days later some lady complained (we've got alot of very narrow minded staunch democrats) and since i'm the most flamboyant Ron Paul supporter in the store i got "the talk" from the manager. hehehehe. 8(

ksuguy
11-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Sure. I've got a nice assortment of slim jims on my desk.

me3
11-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Maybe I shouldnt put up the slim jims and just talk to people?
Exactly!

Go viral. Every person you can interest in Dr. Paul will help spread the message. It would be hard for them to fire 30 people. :)

hopeforamerica
11-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Talk until you lose your voice ;) talk, talk, talk!!!!

Ksuperneau
11-28-2007, 11:32 PM
I put up the USA today ad at work and it is still there. Tons of people go by it every day and hasn't been taken down. I really am suprised.

dirknb@hotmail.com
11-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Push it as far as you feel comfortable.