PDA

View Full Version : Top generals: Obama is 'purging the military'

CaseyJones
11-01-2013, 08:37 AM
http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/top-generals-obama-is-purging-the-military/

Retired Army Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady, recipient of the U.S. military’s highest decoration, the Medal of Honor, as well as other top retired officers, say President Obama’s agenda is decimating the morale of the U.S. ranks to the point members no longer feel prepared to fight or have the desire to win.

“There is no doubt he (Obama) is intent on emasculating the military and will fire anyone who disagrees with him” over such issues as “homosexuals, women in foxholes, the Obama sequester,” Brady told WND.

“They are purging everyone, and if you want to keep your job, just keep your mouth shut,” one source told WND.

Not only are military service members being demoralized and the ranks’ overall readiness being reduced by the Obama administration’s purge of key leaders, colonels – those lined up in rank to replace outgoing generals – are quietly taking their careers in other directions.

Retired Army Lt. Gen. William G. “Jerry” Boykin, who was with Delta Force and later Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence under President George W. Bush, says it is worrying that four-star generals are being retired at the rate that has occurred under Obama.

“Over the past three years, it is unprecedented for the number of four-star generals to be relieved of duty, and not necessarily relieved for cause,” Boykin said.

AngryCanadian
11-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Sorry for asking what kind of desire is there if your going to help out the enemy?
Obama is the worst, but i assume this general is suggesting that things under Bush were a lot more better then? :rolleyes:

Elias Graves
11-01-2013, 08:49 AM
When you get rid of those loyal to the constitution, you can replace them with those loyal to you.

Athan
11-01-2013, 08:58 AM
We can use them on our side of the cause.

osan
11-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Sorry for asking what kind of desire is there if your going to help out the enemy?
Obama is the worst, but i assume this general is suggesting that things under Bush were a lot more better then? :rolleyes:

They were. I have several friends who are in and they will tell you that at least Bush respected them. Whether it is true is irrelevant. What counts is perception.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Military purge. That has a beautiful ring to it.

libertariantexas
11-02-2013, 06:15 AM

The were a two generals quoted throughout this "news" piece. The first, Brady, is an old man who served in the Army Medical Service Corps and has been RETIRED FOR TWENTY+ YEARS. I'm not sure how relevant his opinions are concerning the modern military. He seems to be a bit of a dinosaur who doesn't approve of any weapon technology created after about 1983 or so. Pretty much the typical crotchety old man who disapproves of anything "them young whippersnappers" do. Probably spends most of his time telling kids to get off his lawn.

The other one, Boykin, is pretty famous. He is an extremist right-wing neocon warmonger who advocates HOLY WAR against all Muslim nations. He's such an extremist NUT, he was forced to retire by the BUSH administration (yeah, that's right, he was such a crazy religious warmonger that even Bush and Cheney thought he was out of control- because he was).

Probably thousands of generals have retired from the military since Obama took office, why not interview one of them, rather than a pair of fossils who never served under Obama?

Nateman15
11-03-2013, 01:02 AM
I just want to say that I am going to commission as a 2nd Lt in the Air Force in Dec 2015. If this were true, I would be the first to be cut. But in the mean time, uncle sam is giving me a full-ride scholarship on ya'lls tax dollars.

To say they are "purged" is one thing, it is another to say they got reprimanded for posting anti-government and anti-war rhetoric on their facebook page is another. People don't realize that for 99% of service men, it is just a job. I will never pull the trigger on someone overseas at any point in my career. I am using the Air Force to gain top notch engineering work experience while paying my way through college.

If someone working for GM was going around telling people that GM's are shit and don't buy one, then they would get fired too. That's all their is too it.

Petar
11-03-2013, 01:05 AM
I just want to say that I am going to commission as a 2nd Lt in the Air Force in Dec 2015. If this were true, I would be the first to be cut. But in the mean time, uncle sam is giving me a full-ride scholarship on ya'lls tax dollars.

To say they are "purged" is one thing, it is another to say they got reprimanded for posting anti-government and anti-war rhetoric on their facebook page is another. People don't realize that for 99% of service men, it is just a job. I will never pull the trigger on someone overseas at any point in my career. I am using the Air Force to gain top notch engineering work experience while paying my way through college.

If someone working for GM was going around telling people that GM's are shit and don't buy one, then they would get fired too. That's all their is too it.

So how do you plan on answering if and when they ask you if you are willing to shoot Americans during a martial-law situation?

Danke
11-03-2013, 01:17 AM

It is not just a job. (another job).

You can be ordered to do things outside of your specialty field. Many guys in the Air Force were surprised they all of a sudden had to serve as armed guard for (army/supply) convoys in Iraq. Yes, that particular job would not apply as an officer, but there are jobs for them too, on the front lines in a conflict. Speaking as a 10+ years veteran in the Air Force.

eduardo89
11-03-2013, 01:22 AM
So how do you plan on answering if and when they ask you if you are willing to shoot Americans during a martial-law situation?

Head or heart, sir?

DamianTV
11-03-2013, 02:28 AM
When you get rid of those loyal to the constitution, you can replace them with those loyal to you.

+Rep

alucard13mm
11-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Seems like something a dictator would do... Instead of killing them, he's making them retire or re-positioned.

Pericles
11-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Military purge. That has a beautiful ring to it.

Until you see the replacements and the actions they are willing to take.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Until you see the replacements and the actions they are willing to take.

Look at what damage the military has created over the past 70+ years. It can't get much worse than its current state.

enhanced_deficit
11-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Few years ago there were also rumors of Protestant Christians being "purged" from US Supreme Court .. but those were never confirmed.

Edit, in quick search, found this:

A Supreme Court without Protestants? - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/05/03/supreme.court.protestants/)
www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/05/03/supreme.court.protestants/‎ (http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/05/03/supreme.court.protestants/‎)
May 10, 2010 - For most of American history, a Supreme Court with no Protestant Christian judges would have been unthinkable. Nearly three-quarters of all ...

Fox News Poll: Most OK With No Protestants on Supreme Court ... (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/27/fox-news-poll-okay-protestants-supreme-court/)
www.foxnews.com/.../fox-news-poll-okay-protestants-supreme-court/‎ (http://www.foxnews.com/.../fox-news-poll-okay-protestants-supreme-court/‎)
Apr 28, 2010 - Most American voters are okay with having no Protestant on the Supreme Court, but only 9 percent think President Obama should pick another ...