PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Evaluation: David Hale (U.S. House, IL-16) - campaign ended

malkusm
11-01-2013, 06:37 AM
This thread is intended to be a collection point of the strong pros and cons of any potential liberty candidate / campaign that is being discussed / promoted on the forum. You are welcome to post both positive and not-so-positive attributes about the candidate as they related to their position on supporting liberty as well as issues relating to their campaign. The most important information may be aggregated in this top post for easy reference.

Candidate Name: David Hale
Office Sought: U.S. House, Illinois' 16th Congressional District
Social Media: Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DavidHaleCongress) | Twitter (https://twitter.com/DavidHale16thCD)

Candidate Profile: On the Issues
Civil Liberties: [Rating TBD]
Constitutional Issues: [Rating TBD]
Economic Issues: [Rating TBD]
Foreign Policy: [Rating TBD]
Social Issues: [Rating TBD]
Overall Issues Rating: [Rating TBD]

Race Profile: Competition & Demographics
State: Illinois
District: 16 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois's_16th_congressional_district)
Incumbent: Adam Kinzinger (http://kinzinger.house.gov/) (R-IL)
Other Primary Candidates: None
Non-Incumbent Candidates from Other Parties: None
Cook PVI: R+4 (Leans Republican)
Relevant poll numbers: None
Overall Race Profile Rating: [Rating TBD]

Miscellaneous Pros/Cons
Key strong points:

Unknown points for further research:

Possible weak points:

Possible deal breakers:

Overall Rating:

Brian4Liberty
11-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Here's an interview with David Hale:

Q: After initially opting against running against Kinzinger you've said and written that Kinzinger's support for military action in Syria is what changed you're mind about running, please explain that and why you're opposed to intervention in Syria.

Hale: I had only been thinking about running for Congress and had been putting the buzz out there for some time and has not made a complete decision because a number of factors had not yet crystallized. There wasn't a big outpouring against Kinzinger. I have been going at this for four years hard and was tired and I didn't know if this was something that was winnable. Yet through this all my principles were steering me and I continued to feel compelled deeply that Kinzinger was the wrong man for this job and that someone needed to step up and if no body would then why not me. After throwing peanuts from the gallery for years I felt compelled to do more than be just a critic but to be a voice and a vote a real live note this time that was a true reflection of the 16th CD Constituency. The Syrian debacle pushed me over the final line or edge if you would because I knew for so many reasons that it was the absolute wrong choice and that wise choices were not being made and that I could no longer stand on the sidelines while that happened.

Q: Kinzinger did not want to support efforts to defund Obamacare in the continuing resolution, he says it is a matter of tactics, what would you do about Obamacare as a member of Congress?

Hale: Of course Kinzinger won't do that which the leadership doesn't tell him to do. He is yessing his way through Congress and through law making and thus impeding the needed reforms our federal government needs. Of course he reversed his decision this week when the pressure was applied by conservatives and the Republican leadership decided to listen. I believe the Republican leadership has a more insidious reason for reversing course on Obamacare though. They are counting on a defeat in the Senate and thus will be able to go back to their constituency to tell them...see we told you it would fail.

Q: Club for Growth and other conservative groups are openly interested in backing a primary challenger to Kinzinger such as yourself what kind of coalition are you looking to build to unseat an incumbent and how do you plan to overcome Kinzinger's nearly half million dollar war chest.

Hale: With Principled conservative message. I believe it will resonate even if I don't spend half a million dollars. I believe people are thirsty for leaders who reflect them. They are hungry for a message that inspired them and that message must be a conservative message without reservation without doublespeak and double talk. When people see and hear a true conservative they will make a choice. They want a true conservative who not only understand the importance of hard work to get where you want to be but understand deep compassion for those who struggle to achieve their own success. I have been on both sides of the success paradigm from utter failure to inspired success. I have walked in the moccasins of the homeless I was once homeless. I have walked in the moccasins of the overtaxed. I have walked in the moccasins of the graduate struggling to pay ton heavy student loans. My message is clear. Conservatism ultimately wins.

Q: You gained national exposure a few years ago when you caught a couple of Wisconsin state Senators hiding out in Rockford during their battle with Scott Walker, until this past month no one outside the 16th CD had heard of Kinzinger what kind of role do you see name recognition playing in the race?

Hale: I believe a name associated with true conservatism unabashed and unafraid conservatism that stands for conservative principles will overcome the name recognition deficit there might be.

Q: As an active part of the primary battle last time between Kinzinger and former congressman Don Manzullo what lessons have you learned from Manzullo's loss?

Hale: Don't be afraid to take your opponent on right where he is. Don't be afraid to rise to your opponent's most diabolical challenges. Make your case with passion with inspired reality and with a cohesive conservative message. Bring a real vision and don't just attack your opponents weaknesses. Vision Wins.

Q: As a bona fide Tea Partier what kind of changes do you want to see made in Washington?

Hale: We have to at least begin to unravel some of the integrated widespread corruption. We have to reduce government's intrusions into our lives. We have to make government more efficient and smaller.

Q: What kind of issues do you have with Kinzinger's voting record?

Hale: For a clear picture of his voting record please see Heritage Action. I have more problems with his lack of a record. After 3 years in DC he has failed to bring a concrete conservative message to Washington DC and has failed to address our 17 trillion dollar in debt and 400 billion yearly in interest payments on that debt. In 3 years on both the Foreign Affairs Committee and the Energy Policy Committee he has had sub par performances in steering foreign policy with new ideas and steering energy policy with new ideas or even using tried and true ideas to force the Obama Administration to comply with an America First Energy Policy or Foreign Policy. His lack of a real record surpasses his already poor voting record.

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2013/09/rockford-tea-party-leader-talks-about-primary-of-rep-adam-kinzinger.html

Brian4Liberty
11-04-2013, 02:45 PM
It's worth noting that incumbent Rep. Kinzinger (Primary opponent of David Hale) is an outspoken big government, RINO neo-conservative. He is right in line with John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Peter King. He even has the gall to openly attack Heritage, Club for Growth, and FreedomWorks.

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2013, 10:34 AM
An article about Hale and Kinzinger:

Kinzinger Gets Challenge From Tea Party Activist David Hale in IL-16

David Hale, a conservative activist from Rockford, Illinois has announced he will challenge the GOP’s Adam Kinzinger, the sitting U.S. congressman from Illinois 16th district.

Hale is a U.S. Army Veteran and a Registered Nurse with eight years experience in the Emergency Department. In 2009, he started the Rockford, Illinois Tea Party.

Hale made national headlines in 2011 when he caught the AWOL Wisconsin Senators who fled their state in an attempt to prevent what have since become highly popular and successful reforms initiated by Governor Scott Walker. Hale found and confronted the Senators on camera, who became known as the Wisconsin “flea-baggers,” at a hotel in Rockford.

In his first campaign press release, Hale said, “We elect people to go to congress based on the idea they will make wise choices. The voters do not expect direct consultations on every decision. We expect our Congressman to use their best judgment based upon what they have told us about their socioeconomic ideas, political values and personal beliefs. This forms the basis for what the citizenry expects from Representative in Congress…His record has not been to simply just ignore Constituents on the issue of Syria, but on many fiscal issues that are important to the 16th.”

Hale has been a harsh critic of Kinzinger over his support for war in Syria, and accused Kinzinger of not only carrying water for the White House, but rushing to judgement on the issue, “without apparent concern for the facts.”
Kinzinger has since been a loyal establishment Republican, has cast numerous votes in direct opposition to the conservative platforms that first put him in office, been a vocal advocate for military action in Syria and has publically opposed efforts to defund Obamacare.

More:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/20/Kinzinger-Gets-Challenge-From-Tea-Party-Activist-David-Hale-in-IL-16

Brian4Liberty
04-18-2014, 03:50 PM
SMDH.

They might as well elect a Democrat now. Same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRifKEf0xr8

U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger took 79 percent of the vote in La Salle County Tuesday in the Republican primary race against challenger David Hale Jr.

http://newstrib.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=126&ArticleID=35357