PDA

View Full Version : Any Tea Party supporters here?

enhanced_deficit
10-31-2013, 09:13 PM
If there are, what is Tea Party's position on Obama drone strikes that routinely kill children, civilians in other countries? Is Tea Party for or against these drone attacks?

angelatc
10-31-2013, 09:14 PM
The purpose of the Tea Party is to focus on fiscal issues, not foreign policy, abortion, farm subsidies or anything else.

bolil
10-31-2013, 09:17 PM
The purpose of the Tea Party is to focus on fiscal issues, not foreign policy, abortion, farm subsidies or anything else.

Is that a fact? Well, I don't support the teaparty on grounds of cowardice. Fiscal issues?! LOL, yeah, cause murdering innocent people<bonds?

Pffft, tea party is a sellout. Bunch of cooped fools hanging on for the sole purpose of remaining relevant. The teaparty is burnt, controlled, nonsense, opposition. Tea Party, LOLOLOLOL. If you are a member (pun) then I am laughing at you.

Feeding the Abscess
10-31-2013, 09:17 PM

Foreign policy and farm subsidies cost a ton of money though, and are fiscal issues because of their existence.

enhanced_deficit
10-31-2013, 09:18 PM

So tax payers funded $4-6 Trillion dollars spending costs (and growing) on wars in Iraq/Afghanistan are merely killing fields issues but not fiscal issues as far as Tea Party debt ceiling is concerned?

Iraq, Afghan wars will cost to $4 trillion to $6 trillion, Harvard study (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&ved=0CEoQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Farticles.washingtonpost.com%2F201 3-03-28%2Fworld%2F38097452_1_iraq-price-tag-first-gulf-war-veterans&ei=FCFzUvejHO7ksATEk4DwBA&usg=AFQjCNEwu6YA_f0cn8GnaimGtZV42vNE7w&bvm=bv.55819444,d.dmg)
articles.washingtonpost.com

TaftFan
10-31-2013, 09:21 PM
The TP is not monolithic.

AuH20
10-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Based on general polling I've seen, a majority of Tea Party members oppose the United States of America patrolling the globe as the world's policemen.

Rudeman
10-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Is that a fact? Well, I don't support the teaparty on grounds of cowardice. Fiscal issues?! LOL, yeah, cause murdering innocent people<bonds?

Pffft, tea party is a sellout. Bunch of cooped fools hanging on for the sole purpose of remaining relevant. The teaparty is burnt, controlled, nonsense, opposition. Tea Party, LOLOLOLOL. If you are a member (pun) then I am laughing at you.

I think they're simply united in their stance on fiscal issues and just simply vary on the rest. So there wouldn't really be a TP stance on FP, abortion etc. That doesn't mean one is more important than another, and really some people would value social issues/privacy/taxes etc. over drone strikes, everyone has their own priorities and some are simply single issue voters (there's at least 1 active poster on this forum that is a single issue voter).

enhanced_deficit
10-31-2013, 09:28 PM
The TP is not monolithic.

So there is a good chance that large/small portion of Tea Party supports wars in Iraq/Afghnsiatn/Iran as well as Obama drone attacks?

If so, I feel better that I never considered myself a Tea Partier of the current "luke warm to war crimes/foreign occupations but cares deeply about spending" brand.

bolil
10-31-2013, 09:34 PM
So there is a good chance that large/small portion of Tea Party supports wars in Iraq/Afghnsiatn/Iran as well as Obama drone attacks?

If so, I feel better that I never considered myself a Tea Partier of the current "luke warm to war crimes/foreign occupations but cares deeply about spending" brand.

For me? Id rather swallow man-cum than call myself a tea partier. I have somethings in common with them, but for the most part their rabid war mongering makes me want to avoid them.

matt0611
10-31-2013, 09:36 PM

That's like me asking "are libertarians for freedom to have an abortion or not?" (FYI it varies)

and then me saying "aha! well I'm glad I never considered myself a libertarian if a small / large amount of them feel this way or that on abortion".

The "tea-party" was born over opposition to bailouts and deficit. They vary on foreign issues because it doesn't really define them.

They're not monolithic. The end.

AuH20
10-31-2013, 09:37 PM

One question. Why are you so obsessed with the Middle East like Sheldon Acheson? I, for one have no interest in the Middle East. The primary enemy is the United States government IMHO. If different sects of Islam want to annihilate each other or fund terrorism against each other (see Saudi Arabia), that's their prerogative.

CPUd
10-31-2013, 09:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pg2O5Ub.jpg

enhanced_deficit
10-31-2013, 09:43 PM
bolil, I respect your clarity and conviction.

I have been okay too with TP's anti-Obama gridlock generating tactics too to slowdown SWC drive but that goes only so far in creating meaningful change. Even pragmatically, passion dissipates when you take out the war issue.

specsaregood
10-31-2013, 09:48 PM
For me? Id rather swallow man-cum than call myself a tea partier. I have somethings in common with them, but for the most part their rabid war mongering makes me want to avoid them.

I have no problem identifying as a tea partier. I've been to a handful of meetings and never once had issues of war or foreign policy discussed. I have been to tea party presentations on the 10th amendment, the income tax, precious metals, obamacare, global warming and others though.

bolil
10-31-2013, 09:49 PM
bolil, I respect your clarity and conviction.

I have been okay too with TP's anti-Obama gridlock generating tactics too to slowdown SWC drive but that goes only so far in creating meaningful change. Even pragmatically, passion dissipates when you take out the war issue.

Calling whatever the fuck parades around as a war, a "war" is an issue in and of itself. Lets call it slaughter. That way we can be accurate with our language ;)

bolil
10-31-2013, 09:51 PM
I have no problem identifying as a tea partier. I've been to a handful of meetings and never once had issues of war or foreign policy discussed. I have been to tea party presentations on the 10th amendment, the income tax, precious metals, obamacare, global warming and others though.

This is fair enough. Most of what I've heard of the TP is from the media. SO perhaps my ignorance is showing. Every person I've ever come into conversation with, however, that self identified as a TPER was all ABOUT bombing some brown people.

Even so, the TP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Democratic Totalitarianism. I mean, shit, I've been conditioned.

green73
10-31-2013, 09:54 PM

LOL

bolil
10-31-2013, 09:57 PM
I am just filled with rage tonight and am working towards conflict, Ill not bring it here. Be well.

enhanced_deficit
10-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Based on general polling I've seen, a majority of Tea Party members oppose the United States of America patrolling the globe as the world's policemen.

That was my main Q, if you've seen any polling where they take a position on (or even understand) costs of tax payers funded killing of children in other countries? Does Tea Party know why WTC1-2-7 came down and why Obama admin is tapping Americans private talks and groping their private parts when they go to ball game or for a pizza?

The real Tea Party I know of Boston harbor abohred all that abuse of police state.

One question. Why are you so obsessed with the Middle East like Sheldon Acheson? I, for one have no interest in the Middle East. The primary enemy is the United States government IMHO. If different sects of Islam want to annihilate each other or fund terrorism against each other (see Saudi Arabia), that's their prerogative.

Is Afghanistan in middle east? Were your sentiments same when Bush was leading US?
If SWC Obama started droning children in England or Germany, you'll find my interest shift to Europe quickly. But I like Mideast just like I like Americas and Europe. As brother Cornel West put it, children in all these places have equal life value (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?431764-Cornel-West-Morally-bankrupt-Democrats-call-Bush-quot-war-criminal-quot-but-not-Obama&p=5285555&viewfull=1#post5285555). My underlying Q was if Tea Party feels the same way or not?

AuH20
10-31-2013, 10:12 PM
That was my main Q, if you've seen any polling where they take a position on (or even understand) costs of tax payers funded killing of children in other countries? Does Tea Party know why WTC1-2-7 came down and why Obama admin is tapping Americans private talks and groping their private parts when they go to ball game or for a pizza?

The real Tea Party I know of Boston harbor abohred all that abuse of police state.

Is Afghanistan in middle east? Were your sentiments same when Bush was leading US?
If SWC Obama started droning children in England or Germany, you'll find my interest shift to Europe quickly. But I like Mideast just like I like Americas and Europe. As brother Cornel West put it, children in all these places have equal life value (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?431764-Cornel-West-Morally-bankrupt-Democrats-call-Bush-quot-war-criminal-quot-but-not-Obama&p=5285555&viewfull=1#post5285555). My underlying Q was if Tea Party feels the same way or not?

You focus on what you can theoretically control. No one is going to stop the Pentagon nor the President from signing executive kill orders. How many unborn children do they kill in this country every day? Now do you think that those same people care about someone in a foreign land? I'm focused on the domestic United States. This is my battleground.

enhanced_deficit
10-31-2013, 10:21 PM
You focus on what you can theoretically control. No one is going to stop the Pentagon nor the President from signing executive kill orders. I'm focused on the domestic United States. This is my battleground.

i somehow don't think any person and especially any American should feel that powerless about controlling their government's policies. They are your servants, not masters. I was trying to probe how current version of "Tea Party" saw things, they are usurping a brand reserved for "rebels".

AuH20
10-31-2013, 10:26 PM
i somehow don't think any person and especially any American should feel that powerless about controlling their government's policies. They are your servants, not masters. I was trying to probe how current version of "Tea Party" saw things, they are usurping a brand reserved for "rebels".

The Tea Party is political movement predicated on taking away the purse strings. They are not a full fledged resistance................yet.

Feeding the Abscess
10-31-2013, 10:36 PM
The Tea Party is political movement predicated on taking away the purse strings. They are not a full fledged resistance................yet.

You can't take away the purse strings when you support the majority of what the government does.

Ender
11-01-2013, 02:22 AM
There is no "Tea Party".

There are primarily just a bunch of neocon politicians that co-opted the original Ron Paul supporters Tea Party and use it where it will get them votes and favors.

buck000
11-01-2013, 08:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pg2O5Ub.jpg

http://pics2.ds-static.com/prodimg/14449/500.JPG

;)

buck000
11-01-2013, 08:29 AM
My 0.02: If by Tea Party one means something like http://www.teapartypatriots.org/about/ , then I think I'm a Tea Partier. Although I do have other concerns not specifically addressed by that web page, such as unnecessary military intervention, the failed War on Drugs/Terror/Poverty, unwarranted pervasive surveillance, and many things that oppose the Zero Aggression Principle (including abortion).

If you mean the co-opted Tea Party/Bagger right-wing extremist Republican Koch Bros funded racist America hating blah blah blah blah blah, then no, I don't think I'm one of those. shrug

Occam's Banana
11-01-2013, 09:26 AM
If you mean the co-opted Tea Party/Bagger right-wing extremist Republican Koch Bros funded racist America hating blah blah blah blah blah, then no, I don't think I'm one of those. shrug

LMAO @ "extremist ... Koch brothers"

ctiger2
11-01-2013, 10:21 AM
The Ron Paul Tea Party is for liberty and would be apposed to all violence home and abroad.

The co-opted "Conservative" Tea Party approves of military intervention abroad in order to "keep us safe."

FSP-Rebel
11-01-2013, 10:30 AM
To be fair, Ron's Campaign For Liberty basically focuses on fiscal issues too and I'm a member of that. And yeah, I'll claim T-party if I'm in a group of them so's I can leverage some of my issues the way I want w/ cover of their fellow branding.

angelatc
11-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Is that a fact? Well, I don't support the teaparty on grounds of cowardice. Fiscal issues?.

The whole purpose of the Taxed Enough Already Party was to bring people together over fiscal issues while intentionally ignoring the differences. Bitching they aren't adopting your entire platform means you're philosophically no better than the people who want to drag abortion into it.

angelatc
11-01-2013, 10:38 AM
My 0.02: If by Tea Party one means something like http://www.teapartypatriots.org/about/ , then I think I'm a Tea Partier. Although I do have other concerns not specifically addressed by that web page, such as unnecessary military intervention, the failed War on Drugs/Terror/Poverty, unwarranted pervasive surveillance, and many things that oppose the Zero Aggression Principle (including abortion).

We can always pick the smug condescending brainwashed people that lean to the left, can't we? They wear their idiotic talking points like a badge of honor.

Playing the race card is always a tell. Koch Brothers - always a tell. Tea bagger - always a tell. Hating America - always a tell.

You're not even one of us. much less one of "them."

pcosmar
11-01-2013, 10:43 AM
One question. Why are you so obsessed with the Middle East like Sheldon Acheson?

For well over 50 years we(the US) HAVE BEEN DEEPLY AND INTRICATELY INVOLVED IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

The turmoil there is mostly of our creation,, And the costs of doing so have bankrupted this nation.

It is the foremost issue of the day,, and the reason why the Debt Ceiling has been increased yet again.

Obsessed? NO

Incensed is a better term.

oyarde
11-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Taxed Enough Already. Sounds reasonable to me.

angelatc
11-01-2013, 10:46 AM

Sure. As long as there are groups of people getting together, there will be bigger groups of people trying to coopt those groups. The people here on these forums are by and large useless. They don't want to take over the GOP, they didn't want to get involved with the TEA Party, and now they're perfectly content to bitch that the TEA Party isn't *pure* enough either.

Happily, most of them rarely venture into politics in real life.

angelatc
11-01-2013, 10:50 AM
The Ron Paul Tea Party is for liberty and would be apposed to all violence home and abroad.

The co-opted "Conservative" Tea Party approves of military intervention abroad in order to "keep us safe."

Again, you still don't get it. There is no real legitimate national TEA Party movement. People who who go to the local meetings agree to disagree on certain issues, like Israel, abortion, Iraq, blah blah blah.

The real beauty of it is that eventually one of two things happen in those groups. Either their views start to shift a little, as in when Washington started supporting Al Qeada in Syria or when John Boehner started voting to left the debt ceiling ....or they go home, unwilling or unable to accept the fact that their political heroes are indeed part of the problem.

Brian4Liberty
11-01-2013, 11:04 AM
At this point, the "Tea Party" is the small government, fiscally conservative, anti-establishment wing of the GOP. Count me in.

If you only listen to media propaganda, then you may have a different impression.

cajuncocoa
11-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Fiscal issues are important, but not all-important. In fact, foreign policy and sound money are related to our fiscal problems. Until the Tea Party is willing to give those issues equal importance, I wouldn't even consider aligning myself with them.

pcosmar
11-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Again, you still don't get it. There is no real legitimate national TEA Party movement. People who who go to the local meetings agree to disagree on certain issues, like Israel, abortion, Iraq, blah blah blah.

The Tea Party around here was just an anti-Democrat,, Republican Cheerleaders.
I found no common ground whatsoever.

enhanced_deficit
11-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Iraq, Afghan wars will cost to $4 trillion to $6 trillion, Harvard study (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&ved=0CEoQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Farticles.washingtonpost.com%2F201 3-03-28%2Fworld%2F38097452_1_iraq-price-tag-first-gulf-war-veterans&ei=FCFzUvejHO7ksATEk4DwBA&usg=AFQjCNEwu6YA_f0cn8GnaimGtZV42vNE7w&bvm=bv.55819444,d.dmg)
articles.washingtonpost.com

The whole purpose of the Taxed Enough Already Party was to bring people together over fiscal issues while intentionally ignoring the differences.

Let me inquire again, tax payers funded foreign wars/occupations spending that amounts to Trillions is not a Fiscal Issue in view of "Tea Party"?

If current "Tea Party" members only agree on cutting domestic spending (although it is hard to conceive how can they cut domestic spending on a security centric growing sprawling militirized Police State machinery.. TSA groping at airports, sports stadiums, train statoins, tappping of all Americans etc WHILE funding foreign occupations and invasions) , then accurate statement would be that Tea Party agrees on domestic fiscal issues only while intentionally ignoring fiscal issues related to foreign spending.

I hope "Tea Party" will correct above statement if it is a misreading of its agenda.

Another Q I have for anyone who understands TP - does Tea Party take a position on Civil Liberties i.e.,TSA groping/Police State powers/Patriot Act/Tapping of all Americans by Big government etc or it is also on "controversial issues" list and thus intentionally ignored?

Madison320
11-01-2013, 12:16 PM
The whole purpose of the Taxed Enough Already Party was to bring people together over fiscal issues while intentionally ignoring the differences. Bitching they aren't adopting your entire platform means you're philosophically no better than the people who want to drag abortion into it.

Yup.

Madison320
11-01-2013, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=enhanced_deficit;5290121Let me inquire again, tax payers funded foreign wars/occupations spending that amounts to Trillions is not a Fiscal Issue in view of "Tea Party"?
[/QUOTE]

I've seen about 4 posts in this thread that answered your question, but you keep ignoring them. Yes, all spending is an issue to the Tea Party. Including military spending.

cajuncocoa
11-01-2013, 12:26 PM
The Tea Party around here was just an anti-Democrat,, Republican Cheerleaders.
I found no common ground whatsoever.

It became that way here too.

georgiaboy
11-01-2013, 12:32 PM
proud tea partier here.

twomp
11-01-2013, 01:49 PM
The Tea Party sure helped us out with great American defenders like Marco Rubio and Eric Cantor.

TaftFan
11-01-2013, 02:16 PM
The Tea Party sure helped us out with great American defenders like Marco Rubio and Eric Cantor.

They distance themselves from the Tea Party.

compromise
11-01-2013, 02:22 PM

You know Cantor was elected in 2000, right?

I am a strong supporter of the Tea Party and the Koch Brothers.

cajuncocoa
11-01-2013, 02:22 PM
They distance themselves from the Tea Party.

They embraced it to get elected though...at least I know Rubio did.

specsaregood
11-01-2013, 02:40 PM
It became that way here too.

It is whatever you want it to be. Start your own tea party group, invite people and talk about the stuff important to you.

in my area, the birchers took over the biggest tea party group. and you won't find any bigger RP fans than the JBS people.

LibertyEagle
11-01-2013, 02:49 PM

What a demonstration of foolhardiness you just posted. There are a variety of tea party organizations in existence. Some were started by the establishment, but some were not. Those that were not do not endorse candidates, nor do they take positions on foreign policy. They do that so that they have a big tent to bring together people who are against bailouts and runaway government spending.

It does not make you a better person to stand on the sidelines and act like you are somehow better. If you want to reach people, you go to where they are. The tea party organizations have a lot of low-hanging fruit and we could have easily joined up with them on issues where we share agreement. The fact that some on these forums seem proud that they didn't get off their ass to either do the forementioned, or to leverage the past popularity of the tea party to establish our own version and welcome in these people, is NOT something to brag about.

cajuncocoa
11-01-2013, 02:54 PM
It is whatever you want it to be. Start your own tea party group, invite people and talk about the stuff important to you.

Sounds a lot like the way Obama described himself.

I serve as a blank screen ... on which people of vastly different political stripes project their own views.

cajuncocoa
11-01-2013, 02:58 PM
It does not make you a better person to stand on the sidelines and act like you are somehow better. Here we go with this bullshit again. Just because someone here is not a member of the Tea Party doesn't mean they're "standing on the sidelines" (an implication that they aren't doing anything).

The question was asked in the OP if there are any Tea Party supporters here. Once again, apparently only "yes" answers are acceptable. Oh well, deal with it. My answer is "no".

mad cow
11-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Barack Obama, prologue to Audacity of Hope
I serve as a blank screen ... on which people of vastly different political stripes project their own views.

Unlike us here at RPF where we stand shoulder to shoulder united,and never argue about anything.

LibertyEagle
11-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Here we go with this bullshit again. Just because someone here is not a member of the Tea Party doesn't mean they're "standing on the sidelines" (an implication that they aren't doing anything).

The question was asked in the OP if there are any Tea Party supporters here. Once again, apparently only "yes" answers are acceptable. Oh well, deal with it. My answer is "no".

Here we go again, misconstruing my words. So, does this mean that you're not against bailouts and runaway government spending? Because that is what most tea parties rally around.

cajuncocoa
11-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Here we go again, misconstruing my words. So, does this mean that you're not against bailouts and runaway government spending? Because that is what most tea parties rally around.
I didn't misconstrue your words; I copied them directly from your post to bolil.

And to your strawman comment, of course I support those things....but much more than most Tea Party groups do. If they were serious about "runaway government spending" they would be willing to cut defense spending.

I tried to pass Ron Paul flyers at a local Tea Party rally here in 2009, asking for support of HR1207 (Fed Res Transparency Act)....most of them looked like they swallowed something nasty just to take a look at the flyer. I looked at them favorably until that experience.

specsaregood
11-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Sounds a lot like the way Obama described himself.

uhm, ok. if that's how you want to interpret what I said so be it.

LibertyEagle
11-01-2013, 03:24 PM
I didn't misconstrue your words; I copied them directly from your post to bolil.
And then you spun them.

And to your strawman comment, of course I support those things....but much more than most Tea Party groups do. If they were serious about "runaway government spending" they would be willing to cut defense spending.

There is no official "tea party stance" on foreign policy. It is made up of people who take all kinds of different stances. Much like I have seen on these forums on a variety of issues. But, while some here throw tantrums because we aren't being embraced, these same people proceed to label and alienate a whole lot of people, many of whom are our closest allies. Real smart, Cajun. :rolleyes:

pcosmar
11-01-2013, 03:30 PM

Bullshit..
If they were serious the would be calling for an end to Foreign Aid and favor closing military bases around the world..

In fact,, in the spirit of Compromise (which I hear thrown at me often enough)..
I will accept the socialized medicine (Pushed by both parties equally) in exchange for bringing ALL the troops home,, Reducing the military spending by 90%, and forbidding any and all military contracts (unless and until there is an actual military invasion of the Continental United States)

Get serious.

LibertyEagle
11-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Bullshit..
If they were serious the would be calling for an end to Foreign Aid and favor closing military bases around the world..
Who is THEY? One more time... there is no tea party stance on foreign aid. That means the INDIVIDUALS who consider themselves part of the tea party may or may not be in favor of closing some military bases.

In fact,, in the spirit of Compromise (which I hear thrown at me often enough)..
I will accept the socialized medicine (Pushed by both parties equally) in exchange for bringing ALL the troops home,, Reducing the military spending by 90%, and forbidding any and all military contracts (unless and until there is an actual military invasion of the Continental United States)

Get serious.

Then, I wouldn't agree with you. Would that mean that we are enemies, as you seem to want to label people calling themselves tea partiers?

pcosmar
11-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Who is THEY? One more time... there is no tea party stance on foreign aid. That means the INDIVIDUALS who consider themselves part of the tea party may or may not be in favor of closing some military bases.

You want ALL or NOTHING. It's a ridiculous position.

You and others made the statement that they were fiscal conservatives.

I call bullshit on that statement.. They are not.. They just want more Government spending on their pet issues.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-01-2013, 03:41 PM

Sounds about as effective as OWS.

cajuncocoa
11-01-2013, 03:46 PM
There is no official "tea party stance" on foreign policy. It is made up of people who take all kinds of different stances. Much like I have seen on these forums on a variety of issues. But, while some here throw tantrums because we aren't being embraced, these same people proceed to label and alienate a whole lot of people, many of whom are our closest allies. Real smart, Cajun. :rolleyes:

Sounds about as effective as OWS.@NIU...yes, that's about how it sounds to me

@LE...not having a stance on foreign policy and other important issues makes them an incomplete activist group. About as effective as OWS, but NIU already said that.

JK/SEA
11-01-2013, 03:50 PM
seems there is confusion with the Tea Party idealogy.

We have the Ron Paul Tea Party faction....and then we have TEA-O-CONS.

Since i donated to Ron on the Tea Party money bomb, that makes me one of the ORIGINAL modern day Tea Party members.

So fuck off.

cajuncocoa
11-01-2013, 03:56 PM
seems there is confusion with the Tea Party idealogy.

We have the Ron Paul Tea Party faction....and then we have TEA-O-CONS.

Since i donated to Ron on the Tea Party money bomb, that makes me one of the ORIGINAL modern day Tea Party members.

So fuck off.Yeah, that's how I used to look at it too. But the Tea-O-Cons ruined it for me. I won't associate with that.

twomp
11-01-2013, 04:01 PM
And then you spun them.

So they are our "closest allies" now? Since when did this happen? With the exception of a select few, the so-called "Tea Party" congressmen and senators were supported not because of their "fiscal" stances but because of the (R) behind their names. That's what the Tea Party is all about isn't it? Getting Team Red elected?

AuH20
11-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Sounds about as effective as OWS.

OWS has been so effective that both parties are waging war against it. Wait! That's the Tea Party.

JK/SEA
11-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Yeah, that's how I used to look at it too. But the Tea-O-Cons ruined it for me. I won't associate with that.

understood, but i'm one of those feisty redhead radicals, and i'm not giving in.

kahless
11-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Despite the differences between Tea party factions, the Progressives are the common enemy on fiscal issues that we can work together against.

The Progressive movement is all about growing government and raising taxes which is the polar opposite to what the core values of all Tea Party groups are. This is why the Progressives take the worst aspects of some TP groups or individuals and collectively lump us all together as some unified Tea party.

This kind of propaganda coming from MSNBC, the MSM Progressive left and their silly comedy programs appears to be working quite well. I am just surprised to see it working with forum members here considering Ron Paul supporters played and were such a significant part of the Tea Party from early on.

enhanced_deficit
11-01-2013, 04:30 PM

I consider myself aligned with that TP.

Taxed Enough Already. Sounds reasonable to me.

It was pretty iromic that founding head of Tea Party Caucus in Congress Michelle Bachmann used to be an attorney working for IRS.

I've seen about 4 posts in this thread that answered your question, but you keep ignoring them. Yes, all spending is an issue to the Tea Party. Including military spending.

I broswed thread and missed those answer I guess, it would help if you could point to one of them.
It seems to untrained eye that foreign wars/military spending fiscal issue is controversial for Tea Party and it divided on this.

Tea Party Caucus
The caucus chair was Michele Bachmann of Minnesota. Of a total possible 435 Representatives, as of 10/01/2013, the caucus had 46 members, all Republicans.[18]

Michele Bachmann: If We Don't Completely Support Israel, God Will Curse America (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.outsidethebeltway.com%2Fmiche le-bachmann-if-we-dont-completely-support-israel-god-will-curse-us%2F&ei=XSp0Ur-hMOfMsQSnp4HwBA&usg=AFQjCNGQ_Vl6WhtYNPyDXTiHiUoFZ20EBA&bvm=bv.55819444,d.dmg)
www.outsidethebeltway.com/michele-bachmann-if-we-dont-co...‎ (http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/michele-bachmann-if-we-dont-co...‎)

Guest Blog: Rep. Michele Bachmann on the Defense for Defense Spending (http://blog.heritage.org/2011/05/04/guest-blog-rep-michele-bachmann-on-the-defense-for-defense-spending/)
Defense spending is not the culprit when it comes to our nation’s debt, like some want you to believe. According to research from the Heritage Foundation, defense spending, as a percentage of GDP, is below its historical average. When the U.S. invaded Afghanistan, defense spending was at three percent. Ten years later it is only at five percent.

All the liberties enjoyed by the citizens of a nation depend on, and stem from, the security of that nation. We are a nation at war, pitted against terrorists who are bent on destroying our nation and our very way of life. The enemy is adapting, evolving and plotting further attacks. We must be informed and always one step ahead. The security of America and the survival of her people rely heavily upon our ability to prosecute and win these wars. Investing in manpower, equipment and technology is a necessary part of that equation.
Our armed forces keep us safe and free. They deserve gratitude, and in order to fulfill their Constitutional role, they deserve sufficient financial resources too.
Michele Bachmann represents Minnesota’s Sixth District in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Palin makes exception for military spending - Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/07/AR2010070704809.html)
www.washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com) ›

Part of the difficulty in describing/evaluating Tea Party of today is that there is no one "Tea Party" as others observed above. It is good for creating a somewhat unified, moderately effective group in opposing Obama's some policies while it ignores others. It filled a need/gap as there were growing numbers within GOP/Right who were no longer happy with GOP establishment especially after Obama election. But without evolving into a group with more cohesive direction on all important issues facing America, its impact is bound to be limited in the long run. Foreign Policy without doubt is the biggest current issue that is effecting almost all domestic policies of America. Barack Hussein Obama in White House is just one visible manifestation.

JK/SEA
11-01-2013, 04:36 PM
when i'm at meetings for the local party, i identify myself as a RON PAUL Tea Party member...its fun watching and listening to the comments.

Natural Citizen
11-01-2013, 04:56 PM
The people seem far too willing to just hand over their identity to non profit political factions. Thread title itself is demonstrative of the phenomenon. May as well start wearing different colored jerseys and crash helmets.

The entire process for representation has been hijacked.

Rudeman
11-01-2013, 05:10 PM
I try not to label myself because then you get judged based on your label.

mosquitobite
11-01-2013, 05:23 PM
I think people are confusing the average tea partier with politicians who use the cover of that name (like Michelle Bachman)

The tea party groups around the country are ALL different. Some groups are big time racist Muslim haters and nothing more than a different group of establishment republicans with a different name. And then there are also plenty who rebelled against the GOP because of spending and are finally coming around on other issues.

If you explain the flushing sound of our tax dollars with regards to the War on Terror... they GET it. But they have to have someone explain it in a way that Fox/Rush/Hannity will never explain ;)

Natural Citizen
11-01-2013, 05:23 PM
I try not to label myself because then you get judged based on your label.

Well, sure. That was my point. When we let these special interests speak for us the terms of controversy move away from the will of the people and on to generic tow lines. And so then we program ourselves into begging questions like "do you support the TEA PARTY"? Well...who is to say that the given flavor of the moment supports the interest of the individual? That should be the question. Seems like they are helping to solicit a corporate/special interest model for repatriation itself to me.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-01-2013, 06:10 PM
OWS has been so effective that both parties are waging war against it. Wait! That's the Tea Party.

Let me reiterate. When I said "effective", I meant it in terms of transmitting a consistent/principled message that was easily understood and every side could get behind in order to accomplish legitimate policy change. In my eyes, the Tea Party is just as much of a distraction/farce as OWS.

AuH20
11-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Let me reiterate. When I said "effective", I meant it in terms of transmitting a consistent/principled message that was easily understood and every side could get behind in order to accomplish legitimate policy change. In my eyes, the Tea Party is just as much of a distraction/farce as OWS.

I don't think there is a path for legitimate policy change. That entire concept is a misnomer. What the Tea Party is so adept at, is smoking out the one party Republicans. The Tea Party is involved in a two front war that they can't win politically due to the extreme media bias, but the communication benefits will pay large dividends down the road in a non-political setting. People are starting to understand what Quiqley wrote about.

The Tea Party pushes long untouched buttons in such a profound way, which makes it such a fascinating movement to watch in that the Establishment is already overplaying it's hand. For example, we had Mitch McConnell and the rest of the GOP Capos huddled up in Sea Island discussing how they will crush the Tea Party going forth. I wouldn't be surprised to see anti-Tea Party legislation coming down the pike, which would make such groups illegal.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I don't think there is a path for legitimate policy change.

Granted it didn't exactly change policy but Rand's drone filibuster was brilliant because it united libertarians, conservatives, liberals, socialists, moderates, etc and got the public to not only question the Obama administration but the MIC as a whole.

anaconda
11-01-2013, 07:24 PM

I was under the impression that the "Tea Party" is amorphous and diverse, and that the term has been conscripted by the media and the left as a pejorative. It seemed fitting to me that Ron Paul wanted nothing to do with the House "Tea Party Caucus" headed up by Michele Bachmann.

compromise
11-02-2013, 03:15 AM
I was under the impression that the "Tea Party" is amorphous and diverse, and that the term has been conscripted by the media and the left as a pejorative. It seemed fitting to me that Ron Paul wanted nothing to do with the House "Tea Party Caucus" headed up by Michele Bachmann.

She was part of Ron Paul's Liberty Caucus from early 2009 to mid 2010, when she quit to found and chair the Tea Party Caucus.

IIRC Ron did not particularly like her by that point as he regarded her as untrustworthy (especially by the 2011/2012 presidential campaign), but he didn't really show it, being Ron.

Madison320
11-02-2013, 09:10 AM
The Tea Party pushes long untouched buttons in such a profound way, which makes it such a fascinating movement to watch in that the Establishment is already overplaying it's hand. For example, we had Mitch McConnell and the rest of the GOP Capos huddled up in Sea Island discussing how they will crush the Tea Party going forth. I wouldn't be surprised to see anti-Tea Party legislation coming down the pike, which would make such groups illegal.

What's interesting to me is that "conservative talk radio" has begun to criticize the "mainstream GOP". I've been listening to conservatives cheerlead for the republican party since the early nineties, and this seems to be a new thing.

Snew
11-02-2013, 09:13 AM
So they are our "closest allies" now? Since when did this happen? With the exception of a select few, the so-called "Tea Party" congressmen and senators were supported not because of their "fiscal" stances but because of the (R) behind their names. That's what the Tea Party is all about isn't it? Getting Team Red elected?
this.

liberalnurse
11-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Labeling all tea party groups tea-ocons is like labeling all RP supporters truthers We are constitutionalists, libertarians, conservatives and yes republicans.

I posted this response to another thread a few weeks ago.

"I'm very active in my local tea party and have been for the past 3 years. Yeah, we say the Pledge at the beginning of our meetings. Big deal. To quote Mark Twain, "Loyalty to my county always. To My government when they deserve it." Last week we had Larry Pratt as our guest speaker. We've had Daniel Johnson, founder of P.A.N.D.A. (People against the National Defense Authorization Act) We've had Robby Wells, the 2012 candidate of the Constitution Party. We had Joshua Price an attorney of Constitutional Law talk to us on State nullification. We routinely invite our County Sherriff and County Commissioners. And guess what they show up, along with other elected state representatives. Congressman Tom Marino has been a guest several times. We drafted the following in Sept. and all the commissioners signed on.

County of Lycoming

Right to Bear Arms Preservation Resolution

Draft Proposal prepared by Thomas Anderson for the Williamsport Tea Party

A RESOLUTION affirming the individual right of citizens of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, to keep and bear arms.

WHEREAS the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads, “A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”; and

WHEREAS Article 1, Section 21 of the Constitution of Pennsylvania reads, “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned”; and

WHEREAS federal, state or local measures meant to infringe on this right have been proposed, threatened, or enacted; and

WHEREAS every elected official takes an oath of office to “support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth”;

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Board of Commissioners of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, as follows:
1.All federal, state, or local acts, laws, orders, rules, or regulations regarding firearms, firearms accessories, or ammunition – past, present or future – are a violation of the Constitution of Pennsylvania and the Constitution of the United States, are hereby declared to be invalid, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in the County of Lycoming within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

2.It shall be the duty of the Board of Commissioners or the County Sheriff to adopt or enact any and all measures as may be necessary to prevent the unconstitutional enforcement of any federal, state, or local acts, laws, orders, rules, or regulations restricting the ownership, conveyance, or use firearms, ammunition, or firearms accessories pursuant to Pennsylvania criminal and civil law.

3.The Board of Commissioners of Lycoming County calls upon the Governor and Legislators of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to immediately pass an act to nullify the implementation within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania any federal law, executive order, or regulations restricting the right to keep and bear arms.

Duly adopted this ___ day of _______, 2013

Jeff C. Wheeland, Chairman

Ernest P. Larson, Vice Chairman

Tony R. Mussare, Secretary

ATTEST:

Ann M. Gehret, Chief Clerk

So, what exactly are we "worshiping"? I quietly read all the tea party bashing comments here and now I say to you, What are you doing to change things at a local level? We're having our voices heard at a local level and our meetings are bringing in new people all the time. We are officially apolitical but most of us in the leadership positions are RP supporters. We toughed it out at the beginning and now we are in control."

dinosaur
11-02-2013, 10:21 AM
I think people are confusing the average tea partier with politicians who use the cover of that name (like Michelle Bachman)

Yes, and why not focus on areas of common ground where we can make or numbers and our influence stronger on certain issues? I don't get the hate here, especially since tea partiers are not a homogenous group who are top-down controlled.

FrankRep
11-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Yes, and why not focus on areas of common ground where we can make or numbers and our influence stronger on certain issues? I don't get the hate here, especially since tea partiers are not a homogenous group who are top-down controlled.

I know in Ohio the "Tea Party" was led by Ron Paul supporters. We setup speakers who were Ron Paul supporters and even had Judge Napolitano come out and speak to 1000s of people.

Judge Andrew Napolitano- Columbus Ohio Tea Party, August 1, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ySpaDlMsY)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ySpaDlMsY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ySpaDlMsY

angelatc
11-02-2013, 11:32 AM

What is wrong with you???? Wait, let me guess. You've never been to a GOP or a TEA party meeting, but you do read Huffington Post, Raw Story and Think Progress on a regular basis.

Your assumptions are just wrong. Most of the so-called Tea Party conservatives beat an establishment R in their primary races because of their fiscal stances.

The first TEA Party gathering I attended was a rally organized by a non-Ron Paul fiscal conservative, but there were lots of Ron Paul shirt, signs and bumper stickers. When the movement settled down and moved indoors, about half of us were Ron Paul supporters, and about half of the others say they would have voted for him in the general.

If you're pouting because the Libertarians didn't benefit from the TEA Party waves, then I will just assume you're young.

pcosmar
11-02-2013, 12:00 PM
What is wrong with you???? Wait, let me guess. You've never been to a GOP or a TEA party meeting,

I Have.
You see,, this is the difference in different localities.

I did go to some Republican Meetings,, and the "tea Party" here has been AstroTurfed over to the point that the grass roots are dead.

They rejected all local candidates,, and supported Dan Benishek,, an unknown with deep pocket support who has been a Rubber Stamp for the Party.

Hell,,the Local "R" chairman was leaving rude comments on RP videos.. They wanted nothing to do with any small government,, More Police,, More Military and more control.

It may be different where you are.. but what you describe is nothing like what I see here.

enhanced_deficit
11-02-2013, 12:48 PM
It seems many of us are looking at 3 sides of a coin that has same name.

Modern Tea Party Guide

Tea Party - L (Original Modern Day Tea Party)

Started by Ron Paul Libertarians in 2007, it is by far the most principled, informed grass roots group with ideologically sound beliefs on all key issues and to date remains strongest catalyst behind political changes in America within GOP and without.
Key agenda:
Civil Liberties, Individual Freedoms, Ending Foreign interventions to preserve liberties at home, Small government, Cutting wasteful spending at home and abroad, mostly non-partisan.

http://mauryk2.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/ron_paul_tea_party_harbor.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=Do7KQhRC3qkPJM&tbnid=O7l_AWT5DykuaM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmauryk2.com%2F2010%2F03%2F25%2Fro n-paul-or-rupaul-tea-party%2F&ei=4kR1UsadEcyPkAevr4CYCw&bvm=bv.55819444,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNH0EgOOphu1hElAmZuzzBYz4Yx6vA&ust=1383503447015259)

http://www.ronpaul.com/images/ron-paul-tea-party-2007.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=cm1hHRhj9Af-FM&tbnid=5_S_8Gdg8YzP6M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ronpaul.com%2F2009-04-15%2Fnationwide-tax-protests-party-like-its-2007%2F&ei=DKF1Uu_tFIXfkQfRpIHwBw&bvm=bv.55819444,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNH0EgOOphu1hElAmZuzzBYz4Yx6vA&ust=1383503447015259)

More on other newer versions of Tea Party later.

compromise
11-02-2013, 01:10 PM

There are around 25-35 Tea Party Congressmen that vote with our 2 libertarian Congressmen on fiscal issues, foreign aid, humanitarian intervention, world government and civil liberties. There's little doubt that these are our closest allies in American politics. Certainly more so than Kucinich, Nader, Ventura, Chomsky and McKinney.

The Tea Party is about reducing taxes, cutting spending and decreasing the federal debt.

angelatc
11-02-2013, 02:27 PM
I Have.

I did go to some Republican Meetings,, and the "tea Party" here has been AstroTurfed over to the point that the grass roots are dead.

They rejected all local candidates,, and supported Dan Benishek,, an unknown with deep pocket support who has been a Rubber Stamp for the Party.

Hell,,the Local "R" chairman was leaving rude comments on RP videos.. They wanted nothing to do with any small government,, More Police,, More Military and more control.

It may be different where you are.. but what you describe is nothing like what I see here.

And I think a large part of that is because the Liberty people stood back and let it happen. Like I said, our Tea Party has veered off task in the past, but we're going to the meetings and steering to back to the fiscal target.

And I'm in Mike Freaking Rogers' district. He's not going anywhere, unfortunately. But what is happening is that there are people from the TEA Party running for offices locally. Some win, some lose. But the whole point is to have good, experienced candidates ready when the opportunities arise. The TEA Party didn't have that - they were thrust into the limelight and produced a bunch of amateurs. Some of them won and are still there, some of them won and sold out, some of them won but couldn't hold onto it. Doesn't matter - the point is to build on the victories and learn from the losses. And there will be losses - these people have been winning elections for a century now. It's a mix of art an science that they've had years to practice.

Benishek has not lived up to the label, that's for sure. But he beat Stupak, a Democrat - right? That's a step in the right direction. Plus he's really old. If the small government conservatives are not grooming a candidate to take his place when he retires or drops dead, they should be. Other wise all we will get is more whining when the establishment's next-in-line candidate wins handily again.

JustinTime
11-02-2013, 02:39 PM
If there are, what is Tea Party's position on Obama drone strikes that routinely kill children, civilians in other countries? Is Tea Party for or against these drone attacks?

There are about 500 different tea party groups, and about the only thing they have in common is the use of the name.

The idiot media talks about them as if they are monolithic, or like one of our political parties.

I know there are many good rank and file Tea Partiers and my suggestion to them is to simply stop using the name. The media has attached too much negativity to it, and its been hijacked by neocons who support things like you were asking about. Just drop the labels and try to stand on principles as much as possible.

cajuncocoa
11-02-2013, 02:41 PM
I Have.

That's what I saw at our local Tea Party too. We may have common ground (at least when it comes to talking the talk) about cutting spending, but then they want -- as you said -- more police and more military....as if the money for those things will spring out of fairy dust or whatever. I can't find common ground with people who think you can cut spending by increasing the size of an already bloated military budget.

And to the comment that "libertarians let that happen"....it's called the numbers game. There are more of them than there are of us. When Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin started to co-opt the Tea Party name, all of a sudden a group of people that was less than a hundred at our local rallying place became a group of thousands. The speakers were all paid politicians trying to push their own pro-military, war-on-terror agenda. It became impossible to be heard at that point.

pcosmar
11-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Benishek has not lived up to the label, that's for sure. But he beat Stupak, a Democrat - right? That's a step in the right direction

No,,
Stupak was not running,, He was thrown out over selling out ..
He used the Abortion Issue as a tool (as they always do) to sell Obamacare.. People were pissed and he had no chance of running again,, and he knew it.

There were several Known "R"s that stepped up,, and one was a Ron Paul supporter..

Benishek came out of nowhere with big money and the party insiders backing,, and the astroturf pushed him.
He has been a rubber stamp on most issues since.

AFPVet
11-02-2013, 03:57 PM
There is no "Tea Party".

There are primarily just a bunch of neocon politicians that co-opted the original Ron Paul supporter's Tea Party and use it where it will get them votes and favors.

This!

cajuncocoa
11-02-2013, 04:35 PM
There is no "Tea Party".

There are primarily just a bunch of neocon politicians that co-opted the original Ron Paul supporters Tea Party and use it where it will get them votes and favors.

Sadly, too many Ron Paul supporters either (1) see this and believe those neocon politicians are coming around or (2) part of the effort to co-opt RP supporters to make them believe #1.

twomp
11-02-2013, 05:36 PM
What is wrong with you???? Wait, let me guess. You've never been to a GOP or a TEA party meeting, but you do read Huffington Post, Raw Story and Think Progress on a regular basis.

Your assumptions are just wrong. Most of the so-called Tea Party conservatives beat an establishment R in their primary races because of their fiscal stances.

The first TEA Party gathering I attended was a rally organized by a non-Ron Paul fiscal conservative, but there were lots of Ron Paul shirt, signs and bumper stickers. When the movement settled down and moved indoors, about half of us were Ron Paul supporters, and about half of the others say they would have voted for him in the general.

If you're pouting because the Libertarians didn't benefit from the TEA Party waves, then I will just assume you're young.

Most of your assumptions about me are pretty much dead wrong but I won't hold it against you because you're old and I was taught to respect my elders.