PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul op-ed: Enough is enough — it’s time to end the secrecy at the Federal Reserve

jct74
10-31-2013, 09:03 PM
PAUL: Enough is enough — it’s time to end the secrecy at the Federal Reserve
A government audit must precede the confirmation of a new chairman

By Rand Paul
Thursday, October 31, 2013

In 1995, Sen. Harry Reid took to the Senate floor and exclaimed, “For years, I have sponsored legislation that would call for an audit of the Federal Reserve system. I offer that amendment every year, and every year the legislation gets nowhere. I think it would be interesting to know about the Federal Reserve. I think we should audit the Federal Reserve.”

I can relate to the frustration that Mr. Reid must have felt in 1995. For three years, we have asked Mr. Reid, now the Senate majority leader, for a vote on the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, or “Audit the Fed,” but the Senate has not addressed it.

This bill currently has 27 co-sponsors in the Senate, including members from both political parties, and companion legislation introduced in the House of Representatives earlier this year currently has more than 100 co-sponsors. It passed in the House with a vote of 327 to 98 on July 25, 2012.

It is Congress‘ job to monitor how the Federal Reserve operates. For years, Congress has abdicated this duty by allowing the Fed to operate free of rules, without any accountability.

The Federal Reserve might be the most secretive institution in our nation’s history. For decades, Fed officials, politicians and various “experts” have insisted that such secrecy was integral to its independence and, therefore, its effectiveness.

We cannot continue to ignore the role that the Federal Reserve has played in our economy’s downward spiral. Our nation simply cannot afford a national bank that is dedicated to seemingly unlimited money-printing and spending policies.

read more:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/31/paul-ending-secrecy-at-the-federal-reserve/

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Articles like this make me want to run from Romney voter to Romney voter, yanking each by their collar - man and woman alike - and yell, so loudly it makes my ribs hurt:

"You could have had a Ron Paul, you ignorant shit! Don't let the RNC do it again - Rand in 2016!"

When Limbaugh starts to sound like Ron Paul, as he did speaking about the Fed the other day, and Rand actually gets an op-ed like this published without being Princess Diana'ed...who's the kook now, Chris Matthews? Fox News?

<crickets>

Matt Collins
11-02-2013, 03:51 PM
thanks for posting