PDA

View Full Version : Did the MSM kill Ron Paul chances to secure the REPUBLICAN nomination tonight?

MadViking10
11-28-2007, 09:37 PM
It has to be asked. He had no opportunities to answer substantive questions. They threw him a bone at the END. His video was shown at the END. There is no Poll to ask the people what WE thought? Is tonight the END ? :confused:

RedLightning
11-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Did they kill him NO...they tried to though.

quickmike
It has to be asked. He had no opportunities to answer substantive questions. They threw him a bone at the END. His video was shown at the END. There is no Poll to ask the people what WE thought? Is tonight the END ? :confused:

Hardly.......................

This is just the beginning.

NewEnd
That wasn't a bone, it was the same, substanceless question he gets asked in every interview, and every debate.

No, the more the MSM fights us, the stronger we get.

newmedia4ron
hell no
I say lets work twice as hard

Flash
11-28-2007, 09:39 PM
I thought the debate was pretty good. Ron Paul is going to get a lot more people curious about him and googling him.

BrianH
11-28-2007, 09:41 PM
I've been waiting for inspiration to write to a letter to Des Moines Register. There's been a few in the MSM lately who've been denying the media is trying to close out Ron Paul. I heard Glen Beck say it today, and I've read a few journalists saying this. But then CNN just overdid it so much that they cannot credibly deny it any longer. So I am working on some ammo to write

Flirple
11-28-2007, 09:41 PM
With all sincerity, the title of this thread is ridiculous.

Hope
11-28-2007, 09:42 PM
The only reason they hosted this debate is that the MSM wanted to give the (older) general public the impression that they are wise, composed and professional -- and that the Internet is full of foolish, dumb freaks.

In that alone they succeeded.

ronpaulitician
Nope, they failed.

newmedia4ron
lets work together to give Ron Paul the best chance
lets work together to win seats in congress
lets work together to crush bad bills
we have the creativity and passion to make shit happen

rich34
11-28-2007, 09:43 PM
hell no
I say lets work twice as hard

And also make it a point to donate this Friday along with the 16th. We need to get Ron some more air time like before.

MadViking10
11-28-2007, 09:44 PM
With all sincerity, the title of this thread is ridiculous.

Changed it a bit. Sorry but I'm absolutely disgusted and afraid for what our choices will be in the END.

cmc
Considering that RP was tired and ill tonight, plus the lack of good questions (how about HEALTHCARE and THE DOLLAR) directed towards him, he did a decent job. Not a home run, but decent.

There was not a clear winner.

Tenbatsu
The harder they try to squelch us the more it inspires us to beat them. They're are fueling the fire. I say bring it on.

csen
11-28-2007, 09:45 PM
I think Dr. Paul was unbelievable tonight. He got some very difficult torpedo-like questions (on the North American Union and the third-party candidacy) and totally turned them around and made them positives. I'm floored at how well he can think on his feet -- I think I'm a reasonably smart guy but he blew me away tonight. I've never been prouder to be a supporter.

robert4rp08
11-28-2007, 09:46 PM
They failed. Ron answered every question solidly while the others floundered and attacked each other. The video and his final answer was amazing.

MadViking10
11-28-2007, 09:48 PM
They just said on CNN that Ron Paul lied. They said he had 5000 at his Philly rally and had only 2000. If you're a undecided voter what would you think about that?:mad:

Patrick Henry
11-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Did the MSM kill Ron Paul chances to secure the REPUBLICAN nomination tonight?

No! But Trudy and Twit sure looked pretty bad. I expect this performance tonight to hurt them.

Now for Paul, the MSM tried as they always do to marginalize this good and decent man, but it just isn't going to work anymore. The cat is out of the bag as they say. His message is catching on, and people all across this beautiful country are yearning for the message of which he delivers. Win or lose, though I expect win considering all of the hard work the campaign(which includes us) is doing, this country is forever changed. People can no longer accept the status quo. Thus, the revolution has begun!

robert4rp08
11-28-2007, 09:50 PM
http://www.nbc13.com/gulfcoastwest/vtm/news.apx.-content-articles-VTM-2007-11-12-0007.html

Triton
11-28-2007, 09:50 PM
It has to be asked. He had no opportunities to answer substantive questions. They threw him a bone at the END. His video was shown at the END. There is no Poll to ask the people what WE thought? Is tonight the END ? :confused:Nope. Focus on delegates, and watch as the most interesting GOP convention in history unfolds...

MadViking10
11-28-2007, 09:52 PM
http://www.nbc13.com/gulfcoastwest/vtm/news.apx.-content-articles-VTM-2007-11-12-0007.html

Thats great but how many will see that article?:confused:

Abobo
11-28-2007, 09:53 PM
I think Dr. Paul was unbelievable tonight. He got some very difficult torpedo-like questions (on the North American Union and the third-party candidacy) and totally turned them around and made them positives. I'm floored at how well he can think on his feet -- I think I'm a reasonably smart guy but he blew me away tonight. I've never been prouder to be a supporter.

QFT

Quantumystic
11-28-2007, 09:54 PM

Oh Just STOP IT!

These whiney bitches don't have the POWER to stop The Revolution.

They are doing exactly what we all should've expected them to do. Serve their Corporate Masters.

WE will dictate the course of events. In large part through events like the 5th of Novemember and the TeaParty07. When we raise over $12 MILLION in two 24 hr periods, not a whole lot else needs be said.

We're gonna be taking some hits now, because they finally realise just how dangerous we are. So be it. As long as we keep doing what we're doing, not only are we not "losing"... WE'RE WINNING!

Revolution, baby!

Beerhall Agitator
11-28-2007, 09:54 PM
WTF? Of course not, we've shown that we're bigger than the media. Also, why do you think we've been pouring millions into the campaing? So he can and will get his message out with ads.

atilla
11-28-2007, 09:55 PM
i'm not going to waste an hour explaining why i feel this way, but, i watched the debate thinking "damn, they set ron paul up with the perfect questions to appeal to new hampshire republican voters". i think you will see ron paul in double digits the next new hampshire poll. there were several questions that they put to other candidates and not ron paul that had he answered with his principles would have made some conservative republicans with shallow thinking turn off on him. and the war issue was brought to him by the other candidates, according to polling his war position should help him in iowa and new hampshire.

hasan
11-28-2007, 09:56 PM
this is just the beginning..On a side note i dont think showing RP's video last was a bad idea. studies show that ppl tend to remember things that are at the beginning or ending of messages rather than in the middle.

celerityfm
11-28-2007, 09:57 PM
I disagree, and in fact, asking this question is probably NOT a good thing to do at this time. We don't need to give them ideas.

wgadget
11-28-2007, 09:57 PM
I've been waiting for inspiration to write to a letter to Des Moines Register. There's been a few in the MSM lately who've been denying the media is trying to close out Ron Paul. I heard Glen Beck say it today, and I've read a few journalists saying this. But then CNN just overdid it so much that they cannot credibly deny it any longer. So I am working on some ammo to write

ON the way home tonight, I actually heard Hugh Hewitt saying it wasn't fair how they were treating Our Man....I was shocked!

Hugh Hewitt siding with RP???

azminuteman
11-28-2007, 10:01 PM
This was the last national debate before the primaries.
There is a statewide one in Iowa which I'm sure will be fair and not showmanship.

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071115/NEWS09/711150401/1001/NEWS

quickmike
11-28-2007, 10:02 PM
i'm not going to waste an hour explaining why i feel this way, but, i watched the debate thinking "damn, they set ron paul up with the perfect questions to appeal to new hampshire republican voters". i think you will see ron paul in double digits the next new hampshire poll. there were several questions that they put to other candidates and not ron paul that had he answered with his principles would have made some conservative republicans with shallow thinking turn off on him. and the war issue was brought to him by the other candidates, according to polling his war position should help him in iowa and new hampshire.

I hope youre right Mary Kate.

I agree about NH, but Iowa is a pretty weird state

FreeTraveler
11-28-2007, 10:02 PM
All CNN did tonight was jab a stick into a hornet's nest. They blatantly ignored the good doctor, then wrapped it up (except for a softball question) by showing his ad, which was super, then gave him a chance to knock it out of the ballpark by talking about the rEVOLution! As soon as we get the video, some of the YouTubers are going to create some of the best outreach material yet.

They proved he's being ignored, and then gave him a great forum to make his case. I think they slit their own throat, however unintentionally.

LBT
11-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Nope, because we can use this event to get the word out on media bias.

We need videos accurately showing how much time each candidate got. Possibly exposing planted question. Seek out insider whistleblowers.

This is a chance to create some blowback on CNN and to expose the MSM's tactics so that more and more viewers start turning off, or at least realizing they are stooges.

Oh, and I think we ought to consider some well organized boycotts of their sponsors.

We are at war, albeit a peaceful war against the establishment. Getting the word out on their corruption is our weapon. We can't expect to beat them by ignoring them. That would take too long.

ape
11-28-2007, 10:05 PM
They just said on CNN that Ron Paul lied. They said he had 5000 at his Philly rally and had only 2000. If you're a undecided voter what would you think about that?:mad:

I would think geez, for a guy who barley got any time to speak he sure is attracting alot of people at his rallies. I would then start doing research on the guy and become and instant supporter.

MadViking10
11-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Moving this thread was BS. It hurts the campaign as we THE PEOPLE want to be heard. I am so dissapointed in in both this forum and our chances for the future.

adpierce
11-28-2007, 10:08 PM
No way!

Nathan Hale

To be honest, for a while there I wasn't sure. But deep down I was fairly certain that the campaign would weather this storm. It wasn't a fatal hit, but it was a hard hit. Paul's first question was about a conspiracy theory attributed to him, and then he's hit twice in a row with a contentious exchange that seemed perfectly arranged to aid in McCain's point and diminish his own perspective. After that he faced a weak hodge podge of two or three questions where he did a mediocre job all the while being sniped at. Finally, he got lucky with a nice note to end on.

If anything, this debate made me think most that Paul should make an independent run.

dawnbt
The harder they try to squelch us the more it inspires us to beat them. They're are fueling the fire. I say bring it on.

I agree! The entire debate was so frustrating! I'm in! Bring it!

ape
11-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Moving this thread was BS. It hurts the campaign as we THE PEOPLE want to be heard. I am so dissapointed in in both this forum and our chances for the future.

huh?

devil21
11-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Stupid thread.

Akus
11-28-2007, 10:15 PM

MadViking, i can never say it enough, Ron Paul is not losing because he is not given enough air time. Ron Paul is winning, by leaps and bounds, and that's why Tancredo talked and talked and Ron Paul was but a potted plant in the corner. He is a threat. If he were not, Mike Huckabee would not be talking about eliminating the IRS or following the Constitution. If he were not, he'd be given much more time just for comic relief. Do you see cars with non-Ron Paul stickers? I saw a couple, but I saw 5 cars with Ron Paul on them. Plus me. Plus my brother. Plus my father. And that's in our little home-work-home cirle alone.

Just wait til 12/16/2007, then come back and resurrect this thread so we can discuss some more about Ron Paul and his miniscule chances for the win.

wfd40
11-28-2007, 10:17 PM

I feel the exact same way!

I think Paul nailed it tonight... every question was answered openly and honestly.

He looked 'presidential' while the rest looked like a bunch of thugs/idiot/liars.

His 'talking-points' were spot on and will be YouTubed effectively

Kombaiyashii
11-28-2007, 10:23 PM

Giuliani said that he turned New York into a city with one of the best crime rates...LOL, yet they don't pick on anything like that.

kill the banks
11-28-2007, 10:25 PM

the end of the military industrial banking complex

kill the banks

transistor
11-28-2007, 10:25 PM
i'd hate to say it, but we're in some trouble. as much as it sucks, we can't win with out the support of the MSM and they'll never give us that. ron paul needs to spend all of his money NOW. we need to get his name and qualifications out now

Kombaiyashii
11-28-2007, 10:28 PM

We need videos accurately showing how much time each candidate got. Possibly exposing planted question. Seek out insider whistleblowers.

This is a chance to create some blowback on CNN and to expose the MSM's tactics so that more and more viewers start turning off, or at least realizing they are stooges.

Oh, and I think we ought to consider some well organized boycotts of their sponsors.

We are at war, albeit a peaceful war against the establishment. Getting the word out on their corruption is our weapon. We can't expect to beat them by ignoring them. That would take too long.

Ownage post!

Quantumystic
11-28-2007, 10:32 PM

Thank You! I've been saying this for months. This IS WAR!

For the sovereignty over our money, our property, and our very lives.

Losing is NOT an option.

ecliptic
11-28-2007, 10:44 PM
F the MSM!!! BOYCOTT!!!! Boycott Corporate Media!!!! They are going DOWN!!!!!

Battlecruiser
11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
They tried. But they will succeed only if we let them. It WILL backfire if we start taking action. I'm pissed off and I'm sure many of you are as well. We need to convert this anger into action.

TruckinMike
11-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Speaking of WAR...

Heres' a little John Paul Jones

His famous response, in the early phase of the Battle of Flamborough Head, 23 September 1779, to an inquiry by his opponent (Captain Richard Pearson of the Royal Navy ship HMS Serapis) as to whether he was surrendering his ship, the USS Bonhomme Richard. As history records, it was Pearson who eventually surrendered, nearly three brutal hours later.

...the Bon Homme Richard, having head way, ran her bows into the stern of the Serapis. We had remained in this situation but a few minutes when we were again hailed by the Serapis, "Has your ship struck?" To which Captain Jones answered, "I have not yet begun to fight!"

Its time to take off the gloves folks...

TM

Richandler
11-28-2007, 10:49 PM
The Republican party is in a ton of trouble. I think most Republicans will stay home. WE THE PEOPLE have to show up and get Paul the nomination.

Shellshock1918
11-28-2007, 10:49 PM
All its going to do is motivate the base(us) to support him even more.

BIG_J
11-28-2007, 10:52 PM
madviking...

your consistent negative posts should be looked at.

I consider you a troll and will be putting you on ignore.

Thanks.

beobeli
11-28-2007, 10:54 PM
I thought the debate was pretty good. Ron Paul is going to get a lot more people curious about him and googling him.

I totally agree.

AtomiC
11-28-2007, 10:58 PM
I believe even though Ron Paul got asked hardly any questions, the questions that were asked of him were answered in such a great fashion by Dr. Ron Paul. There will certainly be many people interested in learning more about him and looking him up online.

Everyone here has to do all they can to spread the word about Ron Paul!!! Tell EVERYONE you know about him and the great President he will surely be because I know I will!!!

Ron LOL
11-28-2007, 11:01 PM
As an introduction to Ron Paul for people just tuning in to presidential politics, I say the debate was downright depressing.

But that won't stop me from canvassing.

TruckinMike
11-28-2007, 11:02 PM
The Republican party is in a ton of trouble. I think most Republicans will stay home. WE THE PEOPLE have to show up and get Paul the nomination.

Yes... exactly! We have the advantage!! We will actually show up!

TM

MalcolmGandi
11-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Ron Paul kicked ass! This debate served to further divide the other republicans, and seriously hurt our main competition. It also showed that he has some real support out there. He's going straight to the top!

lloydian
11-29-2007, 03:08 AM
mad viking smells like a troll to me

user
11-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Now that CNN is lying about Ron Paul, can we get FAIR to point this out?

free.alive
11-29-2007, 03:41 AM
If anything, this debate made me think most that Paul should make an independent run.

No, no, no, no, no. Please, everyone, we must not let the media goad us into this line of thinking!

If you think it's fun to wave some signs, vote in online polls and feel vindicated that the mainstream media and two-party system is actually against the people, and you think Ron Paul should run as an independent, then you're spinning your wheels with your efforts and gaming for us to lose.

If you really want to see change in this country, if you really want Ron Paul to win the presidency, then we must stand strong behind his Republican candidacy and focus on him winning THEIR/OUR nomination and nothing less. We have to focus on winning this nomination and campaign as though there is no other option - because realistically, there isn't.

filmmaker58
11-29-2007, 05:18 AM
Hell no it's not over. I'm going to work twice as hard now because I'm pissed. Last time I checked CNN, Fox News or the Republican central comittee don't select the candidate, the American people do! My goal is for my precinct to have 5 out of 5 Ron Paul delegates, and for my town to have an overwhelming majority. It's time to start beating the pavement and organizing! I can't wait until these bastards have to call him Mr. President.

Menthol Patch
11-29-2007, 05:35 AM
This is just the beginning! His chances are not "killed" at all!

If anything, his speech AFTERWARDS was more important than the debate! It is going to motivate us to re-double our efforts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8oJAm-06oQ

thehighwaymanq
11-29-2007, 06:27 AM
I don't understand how many americans aren't getting the RP message. He was cheered for most of the time, his message is on that peaks out behind all the usual GOP B.S., and hes amazing!

jrich4rpaul
11-29-2007, 06:32 AM
CNN only made things worse for themselves.