PDA

View Full Version : Rose to Cheney: Would You Have Seen Iraq Differently If You Had More Oxygen to Your Brain

CaseyJones
10-30-2013, 07:08 PM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2013/10/30/charlie-rose-cheney-would-you-have-seen-iraq-differently-if-you-ha#ixzz2jENAQUFx

On Tuesday's Charlie Rose Show, former Vice President Dick Cheney came on to promote his new book about surviving heart disease and was treated to a nasty swipe from the host about his Iraq war decision making.

When Cheney told the PBS host and co-anchor of CBS’s This Morning that he had wished he had gotten his heart transplant done sooner, Rose took a swing, meant as a joke: “Might you have seen Iraq differently if we had more oxygen to your brain?”

video at link

dannno
10-30-2013, 07:17 PM
The answer would be no, see PNAC...

ClydeCoulter
10-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Wow, is that all it would have taken? Maybe that's why mom's say, "Just stop and take a deep breath", it can avert so much catastrophe!

1 point for Rose.

cajuncocoa
10-30-2013, 07:28 PM
The monster's policies sent thousands of people to needless death and Newsbusters has the nerve to call Charlie Rose's question "a swipe"? Fcking neocons, all of 'em.

jkr
10-30-2013, 07:47 PM
WOWZERS!

and the answer was "no"

RJB
10-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Wow, the comments!?!? I thought even the most hard core neocon realized the Iraq war was BS :eek: They must live in a cave next to Bin Laden.

AngryCanadian
10-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Wow, the comments!?!? I thought even the most hard core neocon realized the Iraq war was BS :eek: They must live in a cave next to Bin Laden.

I swear the majority of the comments are written by the Dems.

angelatc
10-30-2013, 11:33 PM

There's a whole swarm of them that still believe that we invaded because Hussein kicked out the inspectors, and that the WMDs were moved into Afghanistan or Syria or Pakistan or (soon to be on the list) Northern Africa.

Doesn't matter one lick that every agency you can think of has admitted that there were no WMDs and that Bush pulled the inspectors out. Nope - America. F*ck yeah.

vita3
10-31-2013, 07:08 AM
$100 Billion in Gov contracts via Afghan/Iraq for Halliburton one year after Cheney was CEO.

Oxygen? ha ha

Aratus
10-31-2013, 09:37 PM
he did lack oxygen & he feels he was correct.
would things be worse if he had done everything
he wanted to do? charlie rose assumed more
oxygen would have resulted in better decisions
and not just more of the same ones he made.

bolil
10-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Prick CHeney is proof that god names people.

RJB
10-31-2013, 09:44 PM
There's a whole swarm of them that still believe that we invaded because Hussein kicked out the inspectors, and that the WMDs were moved into Afghanistan or Syria or Pakistan or (soon to be on the list) Northern Africa.

Doesn't matter one lick that every agency you can think of has admitted that there were no WMDs and that Bush pulled the inspectors out. Nope - America. F*ck yeah.

Back in 2007-2008 so many on the conservative forums I've visited didn't like Ron Paul on his foreign policy. Now most of them are asking what the hell we're doing over there? The only legit beef some have is that the O-bots are a bit hypocritical on the wars. After seeing these comments, I see where the neocons headed. Reading them was like reading the old fredthompsonforum LOL

Aratus
10-31-2013, 09:47 PM
The monster's policies sent thousands of people to needless death and Newsbusters has the nerve to call Charlie Rose's question "a swipe"? Fcking neocons, all of 'em.

normally, cajuncocoa, had he casually phrased a near to identical
question to just about anyone else, it would have sounded snarky.

Dr.3D
10-31-2013, 09:51 PM
$100 Billion in Gov contracts via Afghan/Iraq for Halliburton one year after Cheney was CEO.

Oxygen? ha ha

Yeah, he saw Iraq as a way to pad his bank account.

People like him shouldn't be allowed in the position he was in. Talk about a conflict of interests.

vita3
11-01-2013, 06:10 AM
Yes, Dr.3d & Shame on Charlie Rose for not asking any "follow the $$ " questions.