PDA

View Full Version : Psychology 101...

tangent4ronpaul
10-30-2013, 06:04 PM
If you start with a cage containing five monkeys, and inside the cage hang a banana on a string from the top, and then you place a set of stairs under the banana, before long a monkey will go to the stairs and climb toward the banana.

As soon as he touches the stairs, you spray all the monkeys with cold water.

After a while another monkey makes an attempt with same result -- all the monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now, put the cold water away.

Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and attempts to climb the stairs. To his shock, all of the other monkeys beat the crap out of him.

After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys, replacing it with a new one.

The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment -- with enthusiasm -- because he is now part of the "team."

Then, replace a third original monkey with a new one, followed by the fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked.

Now, the monkeys that are beating him up have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs. Neither do they know why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

Finally, having replaced all of the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys will have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, not one of the monkeys will try to climb the stairway for the banana.

Why, you ask? Because in their minds, that is the way it has always been!

This, my friends, is how the House and Senate operates... and this is why, from time to time:

ALL of the monkeys need to be REPLACED AT THE SAME TIME !

-t

DamianTV
10-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Psychology is one of the biggest and most effective tools they have in their arsenal to control us. Get us to attack each other instead of addressing the real problem, the one that is spraying the water!

Carson
10-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Good one tangent4ronpaul.

I remember one that went something like they called in a large group of people. They gave half of them red hats and the other half green hats. After a while the red hats would group together as well as the green hatted people.

It wasn't long till the conversation change from, "What are we doing here?", to I don't know but I don't like what the people with the other colored hats are up to.

ClydeCoulter
10-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Hope you don't mind @tangent, I posted that to FB. (I will remove it if you neg rep me for it) :D

DamianTV
10-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Group Psychology: Be afraid of WATER, not the person actually controlling the Water. It proves exactly what they want and how to get it.

TruckinMike
10-31-2013, 07:42 AM
Monkeys=Americans, yep.

...which reminds me of the greatest salesman in the world(Zig Ziglar):

...This 'ol boy was sent by his wife to the store for a ham. After he bought it, she asked him why he didn't have the butcher cut off the end of the ham. He asked his wife why she wanted the end cut off. She replied that her mother had always done it that way and that was reason enough for her. Since the wife's mother was visiting, they asked her why she always cut off the end of the ham. Mother replied that this was the way her mother did it; Mother, daughter and "this 'ol boy" then decided to call grandmother and solve this three-generation mystery. Grandmother promptly replied that she cut the end of the ham because her roaster was too small to cook it in one piece.