PDA

View Full Version : "NSA Tapped The Pope", Spied On Vatican To Prevent "Threats To Financial System"

Lucille
10-30-2013, 11:53 AM
"NSA Tapped The Pope", Spied On Vatican To Prevent "Threats To Financial System"
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-30/nsa-tapped-pope-spied-vatican-prevent-threats-financial-system

In the latest blow, and a new low, for the US spying agency, earlier today Italian magazine Panorama blasted a preview of an article due for publication tomorrow, with the simple premise: "NSA had tapped the pope." According to a Reuters report, the "spy agency had eavesdropped on Vatican phone calls, possibly including when former Pope Benedict's successor was under discussion, but the Holy See said it had no knowledge of any such activity. Panorama magazine said that among 46 million phone calls followed by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) in Italy from December 10, 2012, to January 8, 2013, were conversations in and out of the Vatican." But while it is unclear just what divine information the NSA had hoped to uncover by spying on the Vatican, what is an absolute headbanger, is that according to Panorama one of the reasons for the illegal wiretaps was to be abreast of "threats to the financial system." We can only assume this means keeping on top of Goldman's activities around the globe: after all, when one intercepts god's phone calls, one is mostly interested what the bank that does god's will is doing.

From Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/30/us-vatican-usa-spying-idUSBRE99T11N20131030):

Asked to comment on the report, Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said: "We are not aware of anything on this issue and in any case we have no concerns about it."

Media reports based on revelations from Edward Snowden, the fugitive former U.S. intelligence operative granted asylum in Russia, have said the NSA had spied on French citizens over the same period in December in January.

Panorama said the recorded Vatican phone calls were catalogued by the NSA in four categories - leadership intentions, threats to the financial system, foreign policy objectives and human rights.

Benedict resigned on February 28 this year and his successor, Pope Francis, was elected on March 13.

"It is feared" that calls were listened to up until the start of the conclave that elected Francis, the former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina, Panorama said.

The magazine said there was also a suspicion that the Rome residence where some cardinals lived before the conclave, including the future pope, was monitored.

Cue another US ambassador being summoned by an "ally" country, more questions about just what US taxpayer funds are being spent on, more public indignation, and even more bad will (if that is even possible) toward the great, globalist US superstate that is no longer accountable to anyone but itself and a few select oligarchs.

Barrex
10-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Another crusade... this time on NSA centers.

VBRonPaulFan
10-30-2013, 12:15 PM
smfh.

AngryCanadian
10-30-2013, 12:42 PM
"Spied On Vatican To Prevent ts "Threats to Financial System"

Interesting part here "Threats to Financial System" making sure the American wont collapse, thats why they killed Gaddafi he wanted to replace the US dollar with a Gold system for all of Africa.

Great thread op.

moostraks
10-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Someone on talk radio I was listening to very recently said they figured this would be the next bombshell. Wish I could recall the show and who said it. I think it might have been on Beck's show but I'm not sure.

alucard13mm
10-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Snowden should be safe as long as keeeps the best secret with threats of release if sonething happens to him

twomp
10-30-2013, 01:27 PM
I feel safer now.

Lucille
10-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Interesting part here "Threats to Financial System" making sure the American wont collapse, thats why they killed Gaddafi he wanted to replace the US dollar with a Gold system for all of Africa.

Martin Armstrong's been saying all the spying's really about Washington's desperate search for money. This kind of confirms it. Ironically, they're destroying the economy even more by doing it.

Of course, that info has multiple uses for TPTB. Blackmail, fear, to chill free speech, and for when the American Empire's war on freedom finally focuses on its real enemy--the American people.

XNavyNuke
10-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Doesn't matter. The Catholic voter is love'n themselves some Obama. They have for the last two elections anyway.

XNN

Paulbot99
10-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Doesn't matter. The Catholic voter is love'n themselves some Obama. They have for the last two elections anyway.

XNN

Not me.

Acala
10-30-2013, 02:16 PM
According to Catholic theology, the Pope is in direct communication with God, right? So THAT means that by intercepting the Pope's communications the NSA has been spying on . . . :eek:

kahless
10-30-2013, 02:24 PM

XNN

That has more to do with race than it does religion. White Catholics being anti-Obama and minority Catholics pro-Obama.

In fact the hatred of Obama from Catholics runs pretty deep because of his attack on Catholic schools, Catholic Hospitals through Obamacare, the Abortion issue, Pharmacists, you name it.

Elias Graves
10-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Not me.

Nor I.

So was the pope gonna strap on a suicide vest? I thought they were hunting terrorists.

asurfaholic
10-30-2013, 03:31 PM
According to Catholic theology, the Pope is in direct communication with God, right? So THAT means that by intercepting the Pope's communications the NSA has been spying on . . . :eek:

I'm no expert but I don't think God calls the pope on his iPhone 5...

DamianTV
10-30-2013, 03:33 PM

Great thread op.

+Rep for absolute truth!

The Dinar would have given many countries the ability to buy OPEC Oil without US Dollars. And that was considered their "threat" to our Financial System. Sounds like our Financial System is a "threat" to their ability to buy Oil. Why do they hate us again? Oh yeah. 'murika luvs Freedumb.

Maybe its time we got off the Oil Crack Addict Train.

TheTyke
10-30-2013, 04:08 PM
I thought the Vatican was part of the global conspiracy to enslave us all? :P But seriously... the financial bit is interesting, since Pope Francis took it to the IMF before. Is the US more invasive now than the Roman Empire ever was? :o

10-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Snowden should be safe as long as keeeps the best secret with threats of release if sonething happens to him

Let's be realistic here. If the US government wanted Snowden dead, he would be. They know exactly where he is.

kill the banks
10-30-2013, 04:11 PM

Great thread op.

yeah that just would not help the filth that runs the financial system and most of the spying ...

http://scully13.wordpress.com/ men of dark intentions

kill the banks
10-30-2013, 04:17 PM
I thought the Vatican was part of the global conspiracy to enslave us all? :P But seriously... the financial bit is interesting, since Pope Francis took it to the IMF before. Is the US more invasive now than the Roman Empire ever was? :o

well glad you mentioned it and it is more holy roman empire than most folk appreciate incl who owns the old usa

http://scully13.wordpress.com/ men of dark intentions

PierzStyx
10-31-2013, 08:00 AM

Great thread op.
All of the Middle East. He and a few others wanted to get the M.E. off the US dollar altogether and sell oil in gold.

PierzStyx
10-31-2013, 08:02 AM
Let's be realistic here. If the US government wanted Snowden dead, he would be. They know exactly where he is.

I think the only reason Snowden isn't dead is Russia isn't Pakistan. Putin doesn't take crap from anybody.

Bern
10-31-2013, 08:19 AM
The Vatican has made several calls for a NWO monetary system to replace the petrodollar:

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f4/vatican-call-global-financial-authority-73/

bunklocoempire
10-31-2013, 10:49 AM
So no "I tapped that" Obama memes yet?

Athan
10-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Another crusade... this time on NSA centers.
Not exactly as powerful as they used to be.

FSP-Rebel
10-31-2013, 11:04 AM

VoluntaryAmerican
10-31-2013, 11:32 AM

Lol you make a good point that this might actually boost the Pope's credibility.

twomp
10-31-2013, 01:49 PM

If it's true that Snowden no longer has any files with him then killing Snowden now will turn his story from an epic story to a legendary story. The man who gave his life to save our country. I don't even think Obama (foolish as he already is) would want that mark on his name.

enhanced_deficit
10-31-2013, 01:58 PM
While SWC tapped the Pope, leaders of Germany and 35 other states at least, it could have been worse... he could have tapped Israeli PM too. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?431956-Obama-spokesman-evades-question-on-NSA-monitoring-Netanyahu-s-phone&)

GregSarnowski
10-31-2013, 02:02 PM

Snowden is under the protection of Russian security forces. The USG can't do anything to him without starting a MAJOR international incident. Otherwise he would have already ended up like Hastings.