PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Establishment Blood Money Crushing Cuccinelli in Virginia

AuH20
10-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Spread enough lies early with vast donor money. Rand should take notice because this is how the Clinton Machine rolls. They will do the same to Rand when the time comes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/10/28/why-terry-mcauliffe-is-beating-ken-cuccinelli-in-5-charts/

And according to a breakdown of ad spending provided by a source watching the race closely, that’s a compelling point. In total, McAuliffe’s campaign spent more than $14 million on television ads between May 5 and Oct. 27, the data show. Cuccinelli has spent $8.5 million. And the outside groups backing both candidates skew in McAuliffe’s favor as well: Democratic groups like Next Generation, funded by California environmental activist and billionaire Tom Steyer, and Independence USA, a PAC funded by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, have poured almost $8 million into the state on McAuliffe’s behalf. Outside Republican groups have added about $5.7 million in spending on Cuccinelli’s behalf.

McAuliffe has outspent Cuccinelli almost two-to-one in the pricey Washington, D.C., market. McAuliffe has spent a lot more in the Roanoke market, which reaches voters in Southwest Virginia, and in the Harrisonburg, W.Va., media market, which reaches voters around the Shenandoah Mountains.

seapilot
10-30-2013, 11:51 AM
But here’s the reason Republicans will blame for Cuccinelli’s shortcomings: He’s been massively outspent on television, still the dominant medium for conveying a campaign message.

Television is going to go the way of newspapers in the next decade. The net is the up and coming medium. It should neutralize the heavy spenders somewhat.

Todd
10-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm ashamed to live in Virginia. We are turning into a Blue state. Good Grief.

It wasn' like that 20 years ago.

VBRonPaulFan
10-30-2013, 12:12 PM

It's the NOVA/DC area bullshit mostly.

Brian4Liberty
10-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Average people don't spend a while lot of money on campaigns. The top 1% is getting far richer than the middle class. The current agenda has helped them. They will be spending more and more money to keep their advantage, and they can throw millions of dollars around easier than you can spend $20.

AuH20
10-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Average people don't spend a while lot of money on campaigns. The top 1% is getting far richer than the middle class. The current agenda has helped them. They will be spending more and more money to keep their advantage, and they can throw millions of dollars around easier than you can spend $20.

Not only is the income tax punitive but it feeds the special interests to purchase elections.

XNavyNuke
10-30-2013, 01:45 PM

Its the number of federal employees and contractors per capita. Virginia and Marlyand are the highest in the lower 48. You vote with your pocket book.
XNN

enoch150
10-30-2013, 02:51 PM

20 years ago the Governor was Douglas Wilder - a Democrat.

Virginia has only elected 8 Republican Governors total. And two of those were in the 1860's. There have been 39 Democratic Governors.

Mr.NoSmile
10-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Well, whichever of these two wins, I'll just be glad their ads will stop. Cuccinelli has not been doing himself any favors with his rhetoric, either. He tries to appeal to the liberty crowd, but then he's the social conservative type. You can't be both without alienating one of the other. And McAuliffe just seems like the typical Democrat, but with millions funneled in by the Clinton machine or out of state powers.