PDA

View Full Version : Teen Shot While Toilet Papering Principal's House

CaseyJones
10-30-2013, 09:19 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/30/Teen-Shot-While-Toilet-Papering-Principal-s-House

An Estill Springs man is out on $125,00 bond after police say he fired a shotgun at teens who were toilet papering their principal's yard. 65-year-old Dale Bryant Farris is accused of firing at least two shots, striking a 15-year-old boy in the right foot, inner left knee, right palm, right thigh and right side of his torso above the waistline.

Franklin County Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Chris Guess said the boy "got peppered pretty good." With regards to the suspect, Guess had this to say: "The problem is they were not on his property and they were not doing anything to his property. Some kids got out at a residence over there to roll it with toilet paper and this gentleman came out of his residence a couple of houses over and shot one of the teenagers who was rolling this other guy's yard."

According to Guess, the "other guy" was Huntland School Principal Ken Bishop, who does not plan to file charges against the teens.

The teenager is recovering from his wounds while Farris faces a charge of aggravated assault and another of reckless endangerment. His hearing is set for Dec. 5 in Franklin County General Sessions Court.

According to Franklin County criminal records Farris has no history of violent behavior nor is there any documented history between him and any of the teens involved.

green73
10-30-2013, 09:22 AM
What a dick.

cajuncocoa
10-30-2013, 09:27 AM
What a dick.

this.

RJB
10-30-2013, 09:46 AM
I wonder if the consequence would have been the same if he were a police chief instead of a principal. Still, what a jackass.

Shamelessly stirring the pot :D

JK/SEA
10-30-2013, 10:02 AM
What a dick.

a dick has more brains....

Piers Morgan bleating in 3..2..1...

Brian4Liberty
10-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Wonder what his distance was and what type of shot he used?

kathy88
10-30-2013, 10:06 AM
I got caught ice skating on a pond that clearly had no trespassing signs posted when I was a kid. Got shot in the ass with salt pellets. I guess things are different now.

Occam's Banana
10-30-2013, 10:16 AM
What a dick.

Given the TP angle, I'm going to have to go with "ass" rather than "dick" ...

tod evans
10-30-2013, 10:30 AM
I got caught ice skating on a pond that clearly had no trespassing signs posted when I was a kid. Got shot in the ass with salt pellets. I guess things are different now.

^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^

I've still got pucker scars from rocksalt.

The asswhuppin' I got at home healed though...

tangent4ronpaul
10-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Been there, Done that...

The TeePeeing
Not the shooting...

-t

dannno
10-30-2013, 11:09 AM

Was it his neighbor two doors down that shot you with the salt pellets and did the property owner have little issue with you skating on his pond?

PaulConventionWV
10-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Who the hell in their right mind just shoots someone for such an innocent act? He's a homeowner, apparently, and he sees someone TPing somebody else's property, so he comes to the conclusion that shooting the kid would be totally worth it. I mean, what the hell is wrong with him if he is willing to go to jail over some kid TPing their principal's house?

Kodaddy
10-30-2013, 11:20 AM
I wonder if I would feel differently if it was cops toilet papering the principal's home....

belian78
10-30-2013, 12:59 PM
I ran that gauntlet, with a farmer who's field we'd use to cut across the small town I grew up in. But that's salt pellets vs lead, one gives ya a day or so of pain and ones gets ya dead.

belian78
10-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Who the hell in their right mind just shoots someone for such an innocent act? He's a homeowner, apparently, and he sees someone TPing somebody else's property, so he comes to the conclusion that shooting the kid would be totally worth it. I mean, what the hell is wrong with him if he is willing to go to jail over some kid TPing their principal's house?
Yeah, that was my thought too. LOL

tangent4ronpaul
10-30-2013, 06:55 PM

People that take Dick Cheney's self defense advice, that's who.

If he'd just called the cops that kid would be pushing daisies right now and the blue meanie has a get out of jail free card.

:rolleyes:

-t

Henry Rogue
10-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Years ago my brother-in-law and sister-in-law used to get their trees toilet papered every year, their kids were in high school then. One year we decided to have some fun and ambushed them, no guns involved. I hid across the street in a wooded lot, in full camo. I had a million power spot light hooked to a battery booster pack. A pickup pulled up right in front of me and a bunch of young girls jump out of the box. I jumped out of the brush and lit up the spot light. The girls start screaming the way girls do and the boys in the pickup take off leaving the girls stranded. the girls take off running through the neighborhood. LOL Harmless prank and a harmless response. We had some good laughs.

jmdrake
10-30-2013, 08:41 PM
People that take Dick Cheney's self defense advice, that's who.

You mean Joe Biden right?

squarepusher
10-30-2013, 08:45 PM
This would be a problem I have with all the "2nd amendment" right-to-gun-fanatics.
Some people are just too stupid to be guaranteed that right.

ClydeCoulter
10-30-2013, 08:53 PM
This would be a problem I have with all the "2nd amendment" right-to-gun-fanatics.

And some people are just too brash and are gonna go the way of the dead. Everyone takes chances, walking across the street, driving a car, walking in the woods. Shit happens, and sometimes it's "someone" who makes shit happen, well, usually is. If you want to pull a prank, it can backfire.

I really don't think we, as humans, are from this planet, sometimes, we don't fit into nature.

edit: I think it is an okay thing to defend someone else, other than just yourself. You may not make the same decision that "that" someone else would, exactly.

Henry Rogue
10-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Some people are just too stupid to be guaranteed that right. You mean, like cops?

VoluntaryAmerican
10-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Wonder if FF will come in and defend the property owner... because ya know the student trespassed on his property and therefore committed the first act of aggression.

TheGrinch
10-31-2013, 01:06 AM

And that guy is paying big consequences for his reckless and needless trigger finger. No matter if you disagree on what those consequences should be, there is justice. This is no different than if he had an illegal weapon or used another method to needlessly assault some petty "criminal" teens.

Occam's Banana
10-31-2013, 08:25 AM

This ^^^ would be a problem I have with all the "1st amendment" right-to-speech fanatics.

(See how that works?)

jbauer
10-31-2013, 08:35 AM

Kinda what I thought. What good is a neighborhood watch if they can't watch. Now I probably would have shot into the sky but then I'd have been guilty of illegally discharging a firearm in town....assuming this was in town somewhere.

jbauer
10-31-2013, 08:38 AM

He peppered him with a shotgun. Had he tried to kill them they'd be dead. He probably used target load. It'll hurt but it'll heal. He should have shot into the air but he didn't. Don't TP a house if you don't want the get caught. Aren't we supposed to be joining up with our neighbors to defend "our" property? I can assure you no one will be TP'ing the principals house for a decade or 2.

jbauer
10-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Years ago my brother-in-law and sister-in-law used to get their trees toilet papered every year, their kids were in high school then. One year we decided to have some fun and ambushed them, no guns involved. I hid across the street in a wooded lot, in full camo. I had a million power spot light hooked to a battery booster pack. A pickup pulled up right in front of me and a bunch of young girls jump out of the box. I jumped out of the brush and lit up the spot light. The girls start screaming the way girls do and the boys in the pickup take off leaving the girls stranded. the girls take off running through the neighborhood. LOL Harmless prank and a harmless response. We had some good laughs.

Heck now days you'd be a rapist or something. Probably be in jail for doing that.

Icymudpuppy
10-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Oh for heaven's sake, it's a Halloween prank. The appropriate response to TP'ers is to soak them with a hose, or hit them with eggs. Shooting them is not cool.

PaulConventionWV
10-31-2013, 08:44 AM

Are you serious right now? This is no different than if he had assaulted someone with a different weapon. Guns are not the problem, and it certainly doesn't affect the statistics of gun violence being significantly lower when there are more guns around. In fact, that exact case could be used to argue that this may not have happened if guns were less restricted.

Are you seriously here on Ron Paul forums advocating that the government decide who is "too stupid" to have certain rights? That's just asking for an authoritarian state that knows what's good for all of us and controls every aspect of our lives because "we're too stupid" and, somehow, they're not stupid despite also being human. Please tell me you're trolling us right now.

PaulConventionWV
10-31-2013, 08:46 AM
Wonder if FF will come in and defend the property owner... because ya know the student trespassed on his property and therefore committed the first act of aggression.

The student was never on his property. He was actually on the side walk, and he was across the street TPing someone else's house. The guy who shot him was not the principal, it was his neighbor.

PaulConventionWV
10-31-2013, 08:47 AM
Oh for heaven's sake, it's a Halloween prank. The appropriate response to TP'ers is to soak them with a hose, or hit them with eggs. Shooting them is not cool.

He was probably one of those old badgers that think kids need to be taught respect at all costs.

Christian Liberty
10-31-2013, 08:51 AM

No. There was clearly a less violent way to handle it.

Henry Rogue
10-31-2013, 08:56 AM
Heck now days you'd be a rapist or something. Probably be in jail for doing that. I would hope not. There were three of us around the perimeter, one was a neighbor friend and our Wives knew we were doing it. That being said, there is always potential for accidents when you plan on surprising or scaring someone. Had there still been someone standing in the box of the pickup when it took off, that person could have fallen out and gotten hurt.

osan
10-31-2013, 10:35 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/30/Teen-Shot-While-Toilet-Papering-Principal-s-House

So I guess you are not allowed to defend the life, limb, or property of someone else's? What if those kids had been trying to burn down the principal's house (no cheeky comments, please)?

I will grant that this is a bit extreme for a TP session, but we don't know the shooter's side of the story yet. Hey, if a cop can murder your child because he felt "threatened", why can't I pepper him with #8 because he's vandalizing my neighbor's house? What's good for the goose and all that.

osan
10-31-2013, 10:37 AM

When I was 12 I was shot in the ass with rock salt. I NEVER tramped across the farmer's field again.

osan
10-31-2013, 10:48 AM

All else equal, I agree. We have not, however, gotten his side of it yet and while you will likely be proven right, I would caution against coming too rapidly to judgement.

Some of the shit I did as a kid/young adult would get me shot today. Mischief night 1974 - Scott Bennet acquires 60 dozen VERY rotten eggs from the farm on which he works. We have egg fights with other students all night long. We did not vandalize anyone, except Eric Schmidlin's house when we let off a chorine bomb on his front porch in a bag filled with dog poo. NOT my idea,​ BTW.

The crescendo for me that evening was the exchange that took place between my house and Freehold Twp High School, across the street. Scott Powell near-misses me and as he laughs wide-mouthed, from about 75 feet I get very lucky and drop an explosively rotten egg right into his mouth. It was sick. He was hopelessly grossed out and I got pelted with at least a dozen fresh eggs, but it was SO worth it. :)

Today, of course, cops might well shoot first and ask quesitons later were they to happen upon such transactions, citing the dire threat they felt as the dangerous teens wielded deadly assault-eggs, especially the high-capacity rotten ones. Its's a different world.

Athan
10-31-2013, 10:53 AM
He used the Biden recommendation.

tod evans
10-31-2013, 10:57 AM
After 10:00pm when the little kids were in bed we reeked havoc with 1/4 sticks and TP out in the sticks..

The rocksalt was deserved...

PaulConventionWV
10-31-2013, 03:09 PM
So I guess you are not allowed to defend the life, limb, or property of someone else's? What if those kids had been trying to burn down the principal's house (no cheeky comments, please)?

I will grant that this is a bit extreme for a TP session, but we don't know the shooter's side of the story yet. Hey, if a cop can murder your child because he felt "threatened", why can't I pepper him with #8 because he's vandalizing my neighbor's house? What's good for the goose and all that.

All that's needed here is common sense. You don't shoot people for stupid shit.