PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz tells Travon Martin's Mother stand your ground laws are not racist.

RPfan1992
10-29-2013, 10:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQAr47xF21k

alucard13mm
10-29-2013, 10:39 PM
I dont get how it is racist if any "race" can be protected under the stand your ground law...

Its not like its saying " ONLY WHITE PEOPLE CAN DEFEND HIM/HERSELF FROM PEOPLE (ESPECIALLY FROM BLACK PEOPLE)".

Heh, I wonder if they consider Ted Cruz as white.

Brian4Liberty
10-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Accurate description by Cruz.

satchelmcqueen
10-29-2013, 10:58 PM
"hispanic man"/? didnt ted know he was a WHITE latino?

alli know is if a person comes back to me a second time and starts threatening me and then starts bashing my head into the concrete curb, i had better just take it until he relieves his anger. if not jessie jackson might try to sick obama and his minions on me for trying to save myself. never mind i was prone on my back getting smashed.... i OWE the other person the opportunity to take his fight out on me. since im a white man, i owe the other person double time unless hes white to. then it cancels itself out like it never happened.

FrankRep
10-30-2013, 05:25 AM
True, self-defense is not racist.

specsaregood
10-30-2013, 05:34 AM
I can't listen to cruz, he has this slow, interrupted, pussy-ass way of talking that just grates my nerves. I made it to 2:30 and had to turn it off.

Brian4Liberty
10-30-2013, 11:23 AM
I can't listen to cruz, he has this slow, interrupted, pussy-ass way of talking that just grates my nerves. I made it to 2:30 and had to turn it off.

He was trying to be sensitive. It was painful.

dannno
10-30-2013, 11:27 AM

Is that how he sounds? I don't think I've heard his voice before. In fact, I don't even know what he looks like.

specsaregood
10-30-2013, 11:29 AM
He was trying to be sensitive. It was painful.

He always sounds like that to me. I like the guy; but I can't stand his manner of speaking. Its painfully slow and halted. It's always like he is addressing retards.

I don't think I've ever made it entirely through something with him speaking, I always have to turn it off because it bugs me.

RJB
10-30-2013, 11:42 AM
He reminds me of a 3rd grade teacher who talks to everyone like they're 8 years old.

ETA: I wouldn't want to be in the position to explain that to Trayvon's Mom.

Philhelm
10-30-2013, 12:25 PM
I had thought that "Stand Your Ground" wasn't even a factor in the court, and that it was just all media B.S. that had brought it up.

brushfire
10-30-2013, 12:35 PM
I had thought that "Stand Your Ground" wasn't even a factor in the court, and that it was just all media B.S. that had brought it up.

The media tried to link - they tried very hard to do so. "SYG" and "Castle Doctrine" had ZERO to do with Trayvon/Zimmerman.

enhanced_deficit
10-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Bit off topic Q for Cruzer in case he surfs this forum during fillibuster breaks/gov shutdowns:
"Ted Cruz, your recent speech at CUFI blessing/encouraging US tax payers funded occupation of muslims,christians of Palestinian race was "racist" or not?"

JustinTime
10-30-2013, 07:35 PM
He always sounds like that to me. I like the guy; but I can't stand his manner of speaking. Its painfully slow and halted. It's always like he is addressing retards.

This is America 2013. The only people who don't address retards on a regular basis are the mute.

Im just not worried about show, concern with that BS is how we have ended up with smooth talking, nice-sounding liars for a long time now as our elected officials. Lets concern ourselves with what politicians say instead of how they sound.

Pericles
10-30-2013, 07:41 PM
This is America 2013. The only people who don't address retards on a regular basis are the mute.

Long time member comes off the bench to hit a home run.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-31-2013, 01:19 AM

The media tried to link - they tried very hard to do so. "SYG" and "Castle Doctrine" had ZERO to do with Trayvon/Zimmerman.

Basically the thing with the Zimmerman's defense was that his life was in danger-- so he did not have a chance to flee. That means as both of you have correctly said Zimmerman did not use a SYG defense... I read the Florida law a while back during the case.

After that was successfully debunked, some tried to spin in that the jury was briefed on all the self-defense laws including the SYG and that this affected the juries judgement.

kahless
10-31-2013, 07:42 AM
If she was white she would not even be there, SYG would not even be debated and the incident with her son would not have received national attention.

I cannot believe this country has not gotten tired of the Democrats playing the race card for every single issue. If this is the way it going to be with everything then the Republicans need to start using black victims for every issue. With both sides trying to out do themselves playing the race card, maybe people will see how ridiculous it is and it will become a useless political tool.