PDA

View Full Version : Mother gets probation for slapping boys who allegedly bullied her daughter

VoluntaryAmerican
10-29-2013, 09:18 AM
A township woman was sentenced Monday to two years probation for boarding a school bus and striking students who allegedly bullied her daughter, authorities said.

Rebecca Sardoni, 29, pleaded guilty last month to one count of fourth-degree criminal trespass, simple assault and harassment, the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office said in a release. The latter two charges are disorderly persons offenses.

Sardoni was charged on Oct. 19, 2012 after she and her then 51-year-old mother Stephanie Sardoni of Beachwood boarded an East Dover Elementary School bus and asked for a boy they claimed had been harassing her daughter.

Several students on the bus said Rebecca Sardoni then cursed at the boy and slapped him and a boy seated next to him while her mother yelled at the two boys, Toms River Police Chief Michael G. Mastronardy told The Asbury Park Press at the time.

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2013/10/toms_river_mother_gets_2-years_probation_for_slapping_students_who_allegedl y_bullied_her_daughter.html

dannno
10-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Are there any details about what the boys did to bully her daughter?

Christian Liberty
10-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Yeah, that would be good to know. Although I'd question the premise that its possible to tresspass on a public school bus.

RM918
10-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Yeah, that would be good to know. Although I'd question the premise that its possible to tresspass on a public school bus.

Like that would stop them. State would claim you're trespassing in your own house if they found the need to screw you over.

Christian Liberty
10-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Like that would stop them. State would claim you're trespassing in your own house if they found the need to screw you over.

Yes, I know. But its still evil.

angelatc
10-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Several students on the bus said Rebecca Sardoni then cursed at the boy and slapped him and a boy seated next to him while her mother yelled at the two boys, Toms River Police Chief Michael G. Mastronardy told The Asbury Park Press at the time.

LOL! Their friends will laugh at them for the rest of their natural born lives over this! "Dude, remember that time when Mrs Sardoni and her freaking old Mom ran up on the bus and smacked your sorry ass?"

VoluntaryAmerican
10-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Are there any details about what the boys did to bully her daughter?

The mother claims they physically/verbally abused the daughter. More info at link.

dannno
10-29-2013, 10:50 AM
The mother claims they physically/verbally abused the daughter. More info at link.

So were the boys arrested also?

donnay
10-29-2013, 11:28 AM
We Italians are very protective of our children...however, the woman had no right to physically touch the boy. Bullying is just words--we have become such a thin skinned society. :rolleyes:

tod evans
10-29-2013, 01:47 PM
We Italians are very protective of our children...however, the woman had no right to physically touch the boy. Bullying is just words--we have become such a thin skinned society. :rolleyes:

I grew up[60's] with lots of Dagos, their moms'd knock us silly if we got out of line...

An hour later you got a hug and an apology with a snack.

Some kids need smacked..

Ender
10-29-2013, 01:51 PM
I grew up with lots of Dagos, their moms'd knock us silly if we got out of line...

Some kids need smacked..

Yep- same with Mexican moms. In fact, on of my black friend's mom would "broom" us when we got outta line, but she always made up for it with great food.

dannno
10-29-2013, 01:59 PM

Well apparently there was possibly some physical assault or threat made toward her daughter, would have to know more details..

RonPaulFanInGA
10-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Well apparently there was possibly some physical assault or threat made toward her daughter, would have to know more details..

It really doesn't matter. One is an adult and one is a kid. You can't legally hit any minor who isn't yours.

specsaregood
10-29-2013, 02:11 PM
It really doesn't matter. One is an adult and one is a kid. You can't legally hit any minor who isn't yours.

Are cops legally allowed?

dannno
10-29-2013, 02:13 PM

There are a lot of things that aren't legal, and it was probably a bad decision, but knowing more details may help us understand why she did it and maybe even if we were in the same situation realize we would probably at least feel like considering the same actions even if we decided to use an alternate method to mediate the situation either due to legality or an aversion to violence (especially against children).

On the other hand, maybe it was so serious that if she didn't do that they would have ended up hurting her daughters or worse. It's just hard to judge these situations when you don't know exactly what was going on.

tod evans
10-29-2013, 02:15 PM

Legally schmegally!

My kids friends parents have my permission to bust my kids ass if he gets out of line just as I do theirs.

It's part of being a community of like minded folks.

The folks who don't believe in spanking wouldn't fit in out here, and if they called the law for something as inconsequential as a child being straightened out by a parent the community can be quite inhospitable.

This kind of "event" is generally confined to cities where obviously diverse groups of people cohabitate.

phill4paul
10-29-2013, 02:23 PM
My kids friends parents have my permission to bust my kids ass if he gets out of line just as I do theirs.

It's part of being a community of like minded folks.

The folks who don't believe in spanking wouldn't fit in out here, and if they called the law for something as inconsequential as a child being straightened out by a parent the community can be quite inhospitable.

This kind of "event" is generally confined to cities where obviously diverse groups of people cohabitate.

To an extent. Someone you know correcting your kid is not the same as a total stranger. If I have to interject myself I find out who the parent is and confront them directly. Unless, of course, the kid is committing an aggressive act at the moment.

tod evans
10-29-2013, 02:24 PM
To an extent. Someone you know correcting your kid is not the same as a total stranger. If I have to interject myself I find out who the parent is and confront them directly. Unless, of course, the kid is committing an aggressive act at the moment.

As any sane person would..

phill4paul
10-29-2013, 02:33 PM
As any sane person would..

Just had this issue with a neighborhood kid. Had been running up and down the gravel road cutting over to some woodlands. At the time the road was in rough shape and he was making it rougher. Told him best to just stay off of it until I got it fixed. He said he would. Tracks were showing that he was continuing to do so. So I laid in wait. Caught his ass. Confiscated his bike and told him if he wanted it back to send his father to the house. His father showed up with kid in tow and we came to an agreement. :D

tod evans
10-29-2013, 02:37 PM
His father showed up with kid in tow and we came to an agreement. :D

Amazing how that works isn't it..;)

phill4paul
10-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Amazing how that works isn't it..;)

Damn straight. Glad it worked out that he was a reasonable neighbor. Although, I kinda liked the bike. What little time I rode it. :D

donnay
10-29-2013, 05:52 PM
I grew up[60's] with lots of Dagos, their moms'd knock us silly if we got out of line...

Some kids need smacked..

You forget the food treaties. We always offered food as a peace treaty. Mangia! Mangia! :D