PDA

View Full Version : Obama's War: Video of UK soldiers allegedly killing Afghan prisoner

enhanced_deficit
10-29-2013, 01:46 AM
will be censored in order to deliver a propaganda defeat to extremists who hate our freedoms.
As if SWC wasn't in enough heat already with vacationing daughters tax payers funded food taster and Benghazi/gov shutdown/EU snoopgate scandals:

Video of UK soldiers allegedly killing Afghan prisoner will not be released

Judge makes decision after balancing press's right to publish against propaganda value of footage to extremists

(http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian) Monday 28 October 2013 14.30 EDT Marines in Afghanistan. Three are being court martialled in London for the alleged murder of an Afghan prisoner. Photograph: Si Ethell/EPA

A judge has ruled that a "shocking" DVD showing three British marines allegedly murdering an injured prisoner in Afghanistan must not be released after being told it would be a propaganda gift to extremists and put UK troops and civilians at risk.
Media organisations including the Guardian asked the court martial hearing the men's case to make available footage of the marines allegedly carrying out the shooting of the suspected Afghan insurgent. The footage has been shown in open court and a transcript of it published (http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/25/royal-marines-court-martial-video-transcript).

But the judge advocate general, Jeff Blackett, accepted that the footage was so disturbing it could be used to incite attacks against British troops and members of the public.
Arguing that the video clips should not be released, a senior Home Office counter-terrorism expert had told Blackett they would go viral within minutes, would be used by terrorist groups as propaganda and would prompt "lone actors" to attack troops or members of the public.

Paul Mott, the deputy head of the research, information and communications unit (RICU) in the office of security and counter-terrorism, said it was the most potent footage of its kind he had viewed. "I've seen nothing that surpasses it in terms of radicalisation potential. It's exceptionally worrying," said Mott. "There's nothing I have seen that … matches its emotional power. It is a gift in propaganda terms."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/28/video-british-soldiers-allegedly-murdering-afghan-prisoner

CPUd
10-29-2013, 02:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NlRAqVH.gif

HOLLYWOOD
10-29-2013, 02:19 AM
They hate US for our freedoms? :rolleyes:

I'm sure they hate US for the freedoms of the UK/US governments terrorizing/extroting/racketeering/raping the planet. How many people have these 2 governments murdered and stole from in the past 25 years?

Business as usual...

kcchiefs6465
10-29-2013, 02:57 AM
Look at the raid at Gardez.

A celebration in the naming of a child turned into the US murdering of an ally in which numerous people were killed, of an Afghani family who truly despised the Taliban and worked with American forces diligently.

Months later, when I sat with Sharabuddin at his home, his anger seemed only to have hardened. “I don’t accept their apology. I would not trade my sons for the whole kingdom of the United States,” he told me, holding up a picture of his sons. “Initially, we were thinking that Americans were the friends of Afghans, but now we think that Americans themselves are terrorists. Americans are our enemy. They bring terror and destruction. Americans not only destroyed my house, they destroyed my family. The Americans unleashed the Special Forces on us. These Special Forces, with the long beards, did cruel, criminal things.”

“We call them the American Taliban,” added Mohammed Tahir, the father of Gulalai, one of the slain women. As I spoke to other family members, Mohammed Sabir, whose brothers and wife were killed, approached me with his six-year-old daughter, Tamana. He told me that we should leave soon and head back to Kabul because the Taliban control the roads at night. As we stood there, he asked his daughter, “Tamana, who did the Americans kill?” She bounced against her father’s legs as she recited the list of dead. She then stared into the distance, blankly. “She remembers everything from that night,” Sabir told me. “The Americans’ arrival, their shootings, the destruction, everything.” As we loaded up the car, he told me, “I have this message to people of America to help us: take these special forces of theirs back, and have them sentenced because they are killing innocent people.”
Jeremy Scahill. Dirty Wars (Kindle Locations 6906-6912). Nation Books.

Afterwards one of the fathers mentioned he has the urge to put on a suicide vest but that his religious leaders talked him out of it. His testimony is strong but I am unable to find it at the moment. I'll look again tomorrow.

This was a family that was pro-US intervention against the Taliban before this 'botched' raid.

enhanced_deficit
10-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Good points.. the more freedoms we have, more they hate us.

Influenza
10-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Good points.. the more freedoms we have, more they hate us.

Good thing we are getting rid of those!

Snew
10-29-2013, 07:13 PM
This was a family that was pro-US intervention against the Taliban before this 'botched' raid.

Botched in quotes is perfect... I mean, how many "botched" raids killing innocent people is it gonna take for people to realize our involvement over there is pretty much genocide in slow motion?