PDA

View Full Version : Daily Show: GOP Admits to Racism and Voter Suppression

DamianTV
10-28-2013, 01:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36qv38TAN2s&feature=player_detailpage

kahless
10-28-2013, 08:24 AM
The title is wrong, he did not admit racism by voter suppression. It is sad that people actually take comedy bits as real news.

What a bunch of scumbags a Comedy Central. I can do that to, make accusations of racism, interview someone on the left and just add a laugh track. The propaganda in that bit and the slander of that man is sickening.

The law does effect Democrats more simply because there are more people that are aligned with the Democrats that want to cheat the process by voting multiple times. Regardless of whatever position you have on the law, making that point and trying to stop it is not racist.

brushfire
10-28-2013, 08:30 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gD4VP0UMhHU/UJkyPEkCGFI/AAAAAAAAJAk/ezTgMH4Cbw0/s1600/newblackpanthers.jpg

Keith and stuff
10-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Crazy nonsense by the Daily Show. The majority of blacks support voter ID laws. Poll after poll shows that. But, that guy really messed up using the N word... and with some of the other things he said. Maybe he is bigoted, against Democrats?

jbauer
10-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Just so we're clear. You need an ID to buy cigarettes, liquor, open any type of banking account, drive, board an aircraft, walk down the street (in some locations) use a credit card on and on and on.....

BUT

You don't need one to vote on who the leader(s) of the "Free World" are going to be? Men/Women who can bankrupt you immediately, they can take your kids from you and send them to far off lands. They can tax, cage and kill you and we shouldn't at a minimum ask to see an ID with your picture on it?

Call me old fashion.

kahless
10-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Just so we're clear. You need an ID to buy cigarettes, liquor, open any type of banking account, drive, board an aircraft, walk down the street (in some locations) use a credit card on and on and on.....

BUT

You don't need one to vote on who the leader(s) of the "Free World" are going to be? Men/Women who can bankrupt you immediately, they can take your kids from you and send them to far off lands. They can tax, cage and kill you and we shouldn't at a minimum ask to see an ID with your picture on it?

Call me old fashion.

^This

Crazy nonsense by the Daily Show. The majority of blacks support voter ID laws. Poll after poll shows that. But, that guy really messed up using the N word... and with some of the other things he said. Maybe he is bigoted, against Democrats?

He is an old man and if you listen to everything he said he seems to be going out of his way to say he treats everyone the same, best friend is black, etc and seems miffed at the reverse racism. I think that feeling applies to most white people these days.

I have never discriminated against anyone in my life and treat everyone the same. I just don't have that in me and believe we are all God's children. Yet I have been on the receiving end of black on white racism many times throughout my life time. Holy cow if our colors were reversed with the treatment I have received. It is getting really fucking old.

The older African Americans recognize it as a problem with today's youth being stoked by the racial political hucksters like the entertainment industry. The Daily show is a good example pouring gasoline on the fire. Every white life that has been physically, socially or financially harmed can be attributed to examples like this. It is disgusting and it is racist against white people.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-28-2013, 12:00 PM
I love the soft bigotry that Democrats always display with these voter ID laws. They say things such as "it'll hurt minorities" that make it sound as if blacks are too stupid to figure out how to get a driver's license.

HOLLYWOOD
10-28-2013, 12:28 PM
I love the soft bigotry that Democrats always display with these voter ID laws. They say things such as "it'll hurt minorities" that make it sound as if blacks are too stupid to figure out how to get a driver's license.If the Marxist/Leninist con-artists in Congress wanted to resolve this... they could of attached funds allocated to the FOOD STAMPS/EBT cards, section 8 housing, school lunches, educational grants, welfare, etc... to pay the $20 to their state to issue their ID.

The whole thing is a big lie and con job by liberals/progressives in keeping their fraud majority votes going to the Democrat party and the welfare state. This whole ID thing is a sham.

Sam I am
10-28-2013, 12:41 PM
If the Marxist/Leninist con-artists in Congress wanted to resolve this... they could of attached funds allocated to the FOOD STAMPS/EBT cards, section 8 housing, school lunches, educational grants, welfare, etc... to pay the $20 to their state to issue their ID.

The whole thing is a big lie and con job by liberals/progressives in keeping their fraud majority votes going to the Democrat party and the welfare state. This whole ID thing is a sham.

So are you saying we've been lied to when we've been told that in-person voting fraud is rare?

erowe1
10-28-2013, 01:26 PM
What's with the ridiculous thread title?

The mention of this guy's minuscule association with some county chapter of the GOP by the Daily Show is already silly, and only makes sense in the context of the mix of ideology and comedy that they do. But to go even further than they do and say that it's the GOP itself admitting something is preposterous.

juleswin
10-28-2013, 01:40 PM

Just what I was about to say. I do not doubt that some idiot REPUBLICANS like the retard on the clip actually thinks voter ID laws are racist but most normal black people that are not involved in the political machines see no problem with voter ID laws. Quite frankly, I do not care what they think, requiring IDs to vote is not and will never be racist in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbeVF4KTCWY

Now Black people that are part of the political machine think differently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lEsGeC9IgM

Antischism
10-28-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm against further government restriction on voting rights. While I think this Don Yelton guy is a huge bigot, I don't think voter ID laws are specifically racist, though wanting to pass them is clearly due to it being advantageous for Republicans. He made that much clear, at least. They're called 'racist' because Republicans pander to people who hold racist views when they want to pass laws that overwhelmingly affect minorities, even if the intent isn't racist. As a result, you get more of these people with bigoted, racist views spewing their bile all over the place and clamoring for these laws all while claiming to be for less government restriction (when it's convenient for them, of course).

It's really obvious why Republicans want to pass voter ID laws, and while the laws attract racists, I don't think the intention is to specifically hurt people because of their skin color, it's to skew election results in their favor since restricting voting rights will mean less Democrat voters turn up. However, they will get called racist (conscious or subconsciously) because they affect minorities more than any other group. It's just further proof that these Republicans want more government, not less, if more government favors them.

By the way, the guy was asked to resign and called out by the GOP, which he did.

Link (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/10/24/north-carolina-yelton-resigns/3184993/)

The Buncombe County GOP released a statement via Facebook denouncing Yelton's comments, calling them "outrageous and intolerant" and indicating North Carolina Republican Party Chairman Claude Pope was calling for Yelton's resignation.

"The North Carolina Republican Party finds the comments made by Mr. Yelton to be completely inappropriate and highly offensive," the statement read. "I would like to make it very clear that Mr. Yelton does not speak for either the Buncombe County Republcan Party or the North Carolina Republican Party."

Buncombe County GOP chairman Henry Mitchell echoed those comments, according to Politico.

"Let me make it very clear, Mr. Yelton's comments do not reflect the belief or feelings of Buncombe Republcians, nor do they mirror any core principle that our party is founded upon," Mitchell said in a statement. "this mentality will not be supported or propagated within our party."

Warrior_of_Freedom
10-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Anyone that goes to vote knows all you have to do is say your name. I could go and say my neighbor's name and address. What's even worse, a lot of voting districts allow election workers to work in districts they don't even live in, so they can't spot someone lying a out their name. If someone who can barely speak English says your recently deceased neighbor's name, you will know something is up.

kahless
10-28-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm against further government restriction on voting rights. While I think this Don Yelton guy is a huge bigot, I don't think voter ID laws are specifically racist, though wanting to pass them is clearly due to it being advantageous for Republicans. He made that much clear, at least. They're called 'racist' because Republicans pander to people who hold racist views when they want to pass laws that overwhelmingly affect minorities, even if the intent isn't racist. As a result, you get more of these people with bigoted, racist views spewing their bile all over the place and clamoring for these laws all while claiming to be for less government restriction (when it's convenient for them, of course).

It's really obvious why Republicans want to pass voter ID laws, and while the laws attract racists, I don't think the intention is to specifically hurt people because of their skin color, it's to skew election results in their favor since restricting voting rights will mean less Democrat voters turn up. However, they will get called racist (conscious or subconsciously) because they affect minorities more than any other group. It's just further proof that these Republicans want more government, not less, if more government favors them.

By the way, the guy was asked to resign and called out by the GOP, which he did.

Link (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/10/24/north-carolina-yelton-resigns/3184993/)

What is your solution to stop people and groups from voting multiple times?

Maybe the mistake the Republicans are making is not having their own youth oriented comedy program that interviews racist blacks as a solution to attack Progressive policies.

btw - I did not hear about the unedited interview parts or read the article you posted until now. Maybe there is something there, I don't know, but being old, politically incorrect and inarticulate does not make a person racist. There is much worse said about white people by blacks or minority groups and no one raises an eyebrow. (yet it is whites that are the actual minority in many areas of the country that are the ones being discriminated against.)