PDA

View Full Version : Texas Police Assault Legal Gun Owners

donnay
10-26-2013, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRnyxeoopXI

Tod
10-26-2013, 08:35 PM
longer, unedited version (mucho profanity)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZyKh-5RZ1s#t=106

Danke
10-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Bizzaro world we live in.

Reason
10-26-2013, 09:20 PM
So it's a technicality in the law that is in dire need of clarification from the looks of it...

If we put aside the fact that there shouldn't even be a law prohibiting open carry, these guys have to know they are provoking the cops by carrying a firearm that "isn't considered a firearm" under a poorly written law...

Astounding that TX doesn't just have constitutional carry considering their stereotypes when it comes to firearms.

I have some faith that ^^ will be resolved shortly, hopefully these people getting arrested don't loose the ability to own a firearm due to their admirable if not misjudged civil disobedience.

fr33
10-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Astounding that TX doesn't just have constitutional carry considering their stereotypes when it comes to firearms.

This "red state" of Texas is full of Republican politicians that oppose open carry. The stereotype of Texas being strong on gun rights, is unearned.

Tod
10-26-2013, 09:31 PM
This "red state" of Texas is full of Republican politicians that oppose open carry. The stereotype of Texas being strong on gun rights, is unearned.

I feel the same.

Dr.3D
10-26-2013, 09:41 PM
I'll bet they wouldn't be so afraid of people with guns if they actually did what the people wanted.

Danke
10-26-2013, 09:47 PM
So it's a technicality in the law that is in dire need of clarification from the looks of it...

If we put aside the fact that there shouldn't even be a law prohibiting open carry, these guys have to know they are provoking the cops by carrying a firearm that "isn't considered a firearm" under a poorly written law...

I have some faith that ^^ will be resolved shortly, hopefully these people getting arrested don't loose the ability to own a firearm due to their admirable if not misjudged civil disobedience.

Aside from the fact they had weapons exempt from the law.

Texas Constitution: Article I, Section 23

"Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime."

I laugh, because in my much more liberal state of Minnesota, we can open carry with a permit.

Dr.3D
10-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Aside from the fact they had weapons exempt from the law.

Texas Constitution: Article I, Section 23

"Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime."

I laugh, because in my much more liberal state of Minnesota, we can open carry with a permit.

Seems like the wearing of arms would actually do more to prevent crime.

Anti Federalist
10-26-2013, 10:04 PM

In NH, there is no permit required to open carry.

Danke
10-26-2013, 10:27 PM
In NH, there is no permit required to open carry.
Another reason to stay away from NH.

TruckinMike
10-27-2013, 07:02 AM

NO, the DPS(Dept of public safety) jack-asses know precisely what the law states as well as the interpretation consensus. The Land Commissioner, Jerry Patterson (author of the concealed carry gun laws),publicly came out on this subject a few weeks ago(at another Austin gun rally, then again at the Alamo rally.

******AND ITS BEEN ALL OVER the FREAKIN NEWS*****

Its the leadership within the DPS that are pushing the anti-gun agenda. And its the willing thugs that enforce it. Those troopers should have been arrested on the spot by the protesters.

Just to be clear ---> so there is ZERO confusion ---> THEY KNEW THE LAW.

Power mad enforcers do what power mad enforcers do.

EDIT: One more thing - Rick Perry is our governor... so where is he? After all he is devout constitutional conservative ...right? WRONG. He's just sitting on his ass and not settling this issue because his handlers wouldn't like that very much. Just thought i would point that out to all the "Republicans" perusing this site.

tod evans
10-27-2013, 08:11 AM

Unaccountable to the people...

Carlybee
10-27-2013, 08:43 AM
NO, the DPS(Dept of public safety) jack-asses know precisely what the law states as well as the interpretation consensus. The Land Commissioner, Jerry Patterson (author of the concealed carry gun laws),publicly came out on this subject a few weeks ago(at another Austin gun rally, then again at the Alamo rally.

******AND ITS BEEN ALL OVER the FREAKIN NEWS*****

Its the leadership within the DPS that are pushing the anti-gun agenda. And its the willing thugs that enforce it. Those troopers should have been arrested on the spot by the protesters.

Just to be clear ---> so there is ZERO confusion ---> THEY KNEW THE LAW.

EDIT: One more thing - Rick Perry is our governor... so where is he? After all he is devout constitutional conservative ...right? WRONG. He's just sitting on his ass and not settling this issue because his handlers wouldn't like that very much. Just thought i would point that out to all the "Republicans" perusing this site.

Rick is over in Israel setting up a branch of Tx A&M over there. Priorities.

donnay
10-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Pot Belly Petty Power...issue a gun and a badge serve the master and to hell with citizens.

They are itching for someone to start a war...we must always restrain ourselves. Texas has the worst of the worst and they are the model police state. One of the reasons I moved from there.

In the 90's they started using biometrics to issue a drivers license. They have RFID embedded in their registration stickers and scanners about every mile to track you. They have cameras everywhere. They have automated toll booths with license scanners.

On the major highways (In Dallas) they have a red star (which reminds me of the Soviet Russian Star) all decorated on their walls. A symbol of Communism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cufE4dw5d0Q
@1:11 mark you can see them

Carlybee
10-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Never thought Texas, NC and Tennessee would turn out to be police states. Our forbearers must be spinning in their graves.

WM_in_MO
10-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Another reason to stay away from NH.

My town has open carry.

We have very little crime.

PaulConventionWV
10-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Something about those hippies just annoys the heck out of me. They throw the word "assault" around like a bunch of pansies, mindlessly shout and recite things, exaggerate their injuries and act like they can't move. What the heck do they think they're really doing? I respect a lot of open carry protesters, but these guys get on my nerves. Whereas many protesters have video taped themselves walking around with a firearm and debated the police about the law, these people just shout and act like kids throwing a tantrum.

donnay
10-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Something about those hippies just annoys the heck out of me. They throw the word "assault" around like a bunch of pansies, mindlessly shout and recite things, exaggerate their injuries and act like they can't move. What the heck do they think they're really doing? I respect a lot of open carry protesters, but these guys get on my nerves. Whereas many protesters have video taped themselves walking around with a firearm and debated the police about the law, these people just shout and act like kids throwing a tantrum.

Hippies? I think your terminology is off about 50 years...this isn't your average Woodstock crowd.

hip•pie or hip•py (ˈhɪp i)

n., pl. -pies.
a young person of the 1960s who rejected established social mores, advocated spontaneity, free expression of love and the expanding of consciousness, often wore long hair and unconventional clothes, and used psychedelic drugs. any person resembling a hippie of the 1960s in attitude, dress, and behavior.