PDA

View Full Version : TSA just saved some lives in New York

aGameOfThrones
10-26-2013, 06:28 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Police say a Tennessee man has checked luggage containing a loaded, defaced rifle at New York's Kennedy International Airport.

Keenan Draughon (DRAW'-guhn) was arrested Saturday morning trying to board a flight to Charlotte, N.C., after Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police found the weapons. Police spokesman Joseph Pentangelo says Draughon also had high-capacity magazines, which are illegal in New York.

U.S. Transportation Security Administration rules allow only unloaded weapons in checked luggage.
Pentangelo says the serial numbers on two rifles were defaced. He says Draughon was also carrying two handguns in his checked luggage.

The 23-year-old Clarksville man was being held on six counts of criminal possession of a weapon pending an arraignment. It wasn't clear whether he has a lawyer.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/police-tenn-man-had-loaded-173249432.html

EBounding
10-26-2013, 06:35 PM
I was about to send them a "Thank You" card, but it was the port authority, not the TSA. :(

Keenan Draughon (DRAW'-guhn)

Get it? Because he had a GUN in his luggage! Get it??

I hate the media.

Danke
10-26-2013, 09:40 PM
I was about to send them a "Thank You" card, but it was the port authority, not the TSA. :(

Get it? Because he had a GUN in his luggage! Get it??

I hate the media.

no, "serial numbers on two rifles were defaced."