PDA

View Full Version : Ten Steps You Can Take Right Now Against Internet Surveillance

DamianTV
10-26-2013, 03:37 PM
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/10/ten-steps-against-surveillance

youngbuck
10-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Good info, +rep

ETA:

Other browser plugins to consider (on top of the article-recommended HTTPS Everywhere):
TrackMeNot
BetterPrivacy
Dephormation
NoScript
Ghostery
Adblock Plus

EBounding
10-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Get a trustworthy VPN service too. Not only does your ISP's IP address give the whole internet a good idea of who you are, your ISP probably has no interest in protecting your privacy/anonymity and will lick the boot of any gov't agency.

Tod
10-26-2013, 05:24 PM
The trouble with articles like this and the suggestion above about "VPN" is that it is all Greek to probably 99% of the public, so we have no idea even where to BEGIN to implement these suggestions.

Business tip: I would think there would be a tremendous opportunity for someone who is knowledgeable about this stuff to start a business that sets up people with all this stuff. The business would not even involve trying to explain this stuff. It would be just setting everything up for people and giving some simple rules about how to maintain privacy.

kcchiefs6465
10-26-2013, 05:29 PM
The trouble with articles like this and the suggestion above about "VPN" is that it is all Greek to probably 99% of the public, so we have no idea even where to BEGIN to implement these suggestions.

Business tip: I would think there would be a tremendous opportunity for someone who is knowledgeable about this stuff to start a business that sets up people with all this stuff. The business would not even involve trying to explain this stuff. It would be just setting everything up for people and giving some simple rules about how to maintain privacy.
Gunny had a good idea like that.

I agree though, a lot of the stuff I don't understand.