PDA

View Full Version : It's Official - We're All Invited

BLS
06-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Forgive me for sounding like a prick right now, but this is so stupid I can't even comprehend this.

I just called RP Campaign HQ and spoke with Andrew.

He said "NO, that's NOT true, and that EVERYBODY is welcome".

If you don't believe me...then I suggest you call them

By Phone
703-248-9115

Took all of 10 seconds to get a straight answer.

John of Des Moines
06-25-2007, 09:55 AM
bump as necessary

Thanks BLS

LibertyEagle
06-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Forgive me for sounding like a prick right now, but this is so stupid I can't even comprehend this.

Man, do I ever agree!

UtahApocalypse
06-25-2007, 10:01 AM
We need a campaign person on this board that can set things straight when rumors come up.

joshuastjohn
06-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I've posted this link to the Michigan board. It definitely looks like there's some miscommunication. I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Regardless of what anyone says, anyone can go. Nobody's going to get turned away come rally time.

yongrel
06-25-2007, 10:06 AM
bump

wizardwatson
06-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I posted this on the other threat but they are having a huge argument and I think no one noticed. So here it is again. I was specifically concerned because I've confirmed with my printer that I'll be able to bring 1200 rally signs for sale ($2 each) and a few hundred yard signs ($2.50 a piece) and about 30,000 (yes thirty thousand) bumper stickers for about 12.5 cents a piece sold in packs of 200 ($25) because I did the 5 for a dollar thing in KC and spent way too much time counting out single bumper stickers for everyone.

Anyway, I wanted to here it from the horses mouth so called them..

EVERYONE IS WELCOME

My name is David Watson, I'm the Topeka Meetup coordinator. I spoke to Andrew Michel on the phone in person about 5 minutes ago. He said, "Everyone is welcome". He was unaware that any such rumor about out-of-staters not being wanted even existed.

Just call HQ if you are unsure, if enough people call them they will put something official out to rebut this rumor.

I'VE GOT THE SIGNAGE INFO IN THE "DES MOINES CAMPAIGN MATERIALS" THREAD...instead of commenting here about it.

BLS
06-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Also, I would like to make a point.

EVERYBODY STOP with the witch hunt. If someone wants to spearhead an 'investigation' then by all means, knock yourself out.

But for all of us to get hyped up at each other is just plain COUNTER PRODUCTIVE.

I started the thread about Trevor because I needed to know the consensus on him. He's a new member, and with him saying something to the effect of "don't go to the Rally" is alot to chew on with any seriousness.

MY belief is that he was misinformed or there was a misunderstanding, and he was probably just passing on what he had heard. In any case, I think he needs to be forgiven and we can all get back to being practical and productive.

mdh
06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I posted this on the other threat but they are having a huge argument and I think no one noticed. So here it is again. I was specifically concerned because I've confirmed with my printer that I'll be able to bring 1200 rally signs for sale ($2 each) and a few hundred yard signs ($2.50 a piece) and about 30,000 (yes thirty thousand) bumper stickers for about 12.5 cents a piece sold in packs of 200 ($25) because I did the 5 for a dollar thing in KC and spent way too much time counting out single bumper stickers for everyone.

Hey WW, I'll buy some stuff off ya in Iowa. That's a great deal on the bumper stickers!

yongrel
06-25-2007, 10:13 AM
let's forget the confusion, and just restate what we know to be true:

We are all invited to Des Moines

that is all

mport1
06-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Man, I can't wait to see Failor's response when he is OUTNUMBERED by RP supporters. Wish I was close enough to make the trip :(

hells_unicorn
06-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Man, I can't wait to see Failor's response when he is OUTNUMBERED by RP supporters. Wish I was close enough to make the trip :(

Same here, living in the Greater Philadelphia area stinks when all the action is in Des Moines, however John McCain is going to be active in this area and I plan to make life difficult for him.

UtahApocalypse
06-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I look at it this way.....

The Rally outside, EVERYONE come and show your support.
The event inside, The people attending the forum and Iowans should ONLY attend.

This is NOT a official thing just my thoughts.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-25-2007, 11:19 AM
I look at it this way.....

The Rally outside, EVERYONE come and show your support.
The event inside, The people attending the forum and Iowans should ONLY attend.

This is NOT a official thing just my thoughts.

I second that.

I did hear a rumor -- I'm starting to hate rumors -- that after the forum attendees have their fill, we get to have our own time inside with the Doctor. Just what I heard, and don't remember where, probably on some thread here.

wecandoit
06-25-2007, 11:21 AM
What I want to know concerns the original source of the "don't come to Iowa" message from last night. Was it an honest mistake? or an attempt by the opposisition to minimize the rally?

Whichever it is, I am worried about "agent provocatuers", posing like RP supporters,then doing something bad at the rally with the media waiting in the wings to record it.

Call me paranoid, but I think most know it is a possibilty, and I'm not sure how we could combat it or guard against it.

jd603
06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
While you guys are in Iowa, I will be spreading Ron Paul signs all over NH ... :)

Original_Intent
06-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I doubt it was even an agetn provacateur, I am thinking it was more of someone got the idea that a bunch of out-of-staters going is a bad idea, he started posting "don't go to Iowa" someone took that as official and here we are.

Either way, people are entitled to their opinions about whether going is good or not, they certainly should not be telling people not to go based on their opinion.

Expressing the opinon "this is a bad idea" is fine.
Leave the call over whether people are invited or not to those in charge.

joenaab
06-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Please please bring several video cameras, get lots of good footage, inside and outside, closeup and wideangle, interviews, etc. and then post them on YouTube. I want to see this! Also, it will be good to have raw footage for others to use to make video composites (I'm about ready to start making some video shorts, too, and would love to have stock footage of large RP crowds to work with).

G-khan
06-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Please please bring several video cameras, get lots of good footage, inside and outside, closeup and wideangle, interviews, etc. and then post them on YouTube. I want to see this! Also, it will be good to have raw footage for others to use to make video composites (I'm about ready to start making some video shorts, too, and would love to have stock footage of large RP crowds to work with).

I agree if we get some good footage put it up as a torrent for download so we can make some good high quality dvd's.. Or anyone that gets good stuff can mail it to me on a disk and I would be happy to post it as a torrent for download.. We need to pass around this high quality stuff so our more creative RP supporters can make quality videos/dvd's..

If you don't know how to post a torrent find someone who can. If sent to me I will do it. Even collections of high quality pictures zipped up would be great!

Just leave me a PM and I will give you my address if you want to send it.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-25-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm taking a digital cam that also takes video, plus an extra 4 gb card and a 2 gb card. I've taken little video and have never played around with editing it, so I may just throw it over to one of you guys. Are 6 total gb enough?

BLS
06-25-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm taking a digital cam that also takes video, plus an extra 4 gb card and a 2 gb card. I've taken little video and have never played around with editing it, so I may just throw it over to one of you guys. Are 6 total gb enough?

You'll run out of batteries before you run out of space.

I would venture to GUESS (as I don't know your model) that 6GB would probably record 240 minutes of video with audio. Probably alot more, but it depends on many factors.

wizardwatson
06-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm bringing my cam. Luckily I have a 7 hour battery. I did pretty well with the video I uploaded of the KC rally. Was the 32nd most viewed video on June 17th on youtube.

My username is feerbase over there if you want to check it out.

G-khan
06-25-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm bringing my cam. Luckily I have a 7 hour battery. I did pretty well with the video I uploaded of the KC rally. Was the 32nd most viewed video on June 17th on youtube.

My username is feerbase over there if you want to check it out.

The problem is when you take the video from youtube it is not high enough quality to make DVD's from it. We need to get some good DVD's made to hand out.

JoshLowry
06-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Ok, now it's official. Get your butts to Iowa and let Ed Failor experience a little blowback of his own.

:D

http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/06/des-moines-iowa.html

princessredtights
06-25-2007, 01:14 PM
just got this in my email inbox

RSVP for the Rally

June 25, 2007

Congressman Ron Paul is coming to Des Moines, Iowa Saturday, June 30th to hold a rally, where he will share his message of freedom, peace and prosperity.

Everyone is welcome to attend.

We are expecting many supporters, both from Iowa and around America, to come and hear Dr. Paul.

As you may know, Congressman Ron Paul was excluded from the Presidential Candidates Forum sponsored by Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance that is scheduled to take place that same day.

Although we would have liked to have participated, we see a wonderful opportunity to demonstrate to Iowa voters, the broad base of support for Dr. Paul.

So, right after the Presidential Forum, starting at 4:30 PM, Dr. Paul will hold his own rally, where he will share his positive and compelling message for America.

Our rally will be held at the same building as the Presidential Forum. We will be at the Hy-Vee Hall, Room C, Iowa Events Center, 730 Third Street, Des Moines, Iowa.

Please come out to show your support.

Details about the event can be found here: http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-005011869-5

Help us prepare for the event by filling out this RSVP form. If you are attending as part of a larger group, please have your organizer or leader fill out this form. If you are attending as an individual, fill out this form for you and your guests.

Thank you,

Joe Seehusen
Iowa State Organizer
Ron Paul 2008

RSVP for the Rally today!

torchbearer
06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
where did the other misleading info about no out-of-staters 'originally' come from... that is a question i'd like answered. not- who first posted here... but where did that person get it from

JoshLowry
06-25-2007, 01:18 PM
where did the other misleading info about no out-of-staters 'originally' come from... that is a question i'd like answered. not- who first posted here... but where did that person get it from

Misinformation, sounds like the campaign wasn't sure if it would offend Iowans at first or not.

They are on the same page now.

Trevorjustco
06-25-2007, 01:19 PM

Me.
I posted the first thread in Facebook.
I got the directive from Paul Garfield.

Obviously, things have since then been cleared up.

Shink
06-25-2007, 01:21 PM
While you guys are in Iowa, I will be spreading Ron Paul signs all over NH ... :)

I think this is the right idea. If you can/want to make the trip to my state, great, but if not, go ahead and maximize our message by spreading the word. Set up a table/booth outside of a Wal-Mart or near the highway and pass out brochures to those interested. You can all have a positive impact without having to come to Iowa, especially if it'd be too rough to make the trip. Donate instead.

JoshLowry
06-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Me.
I posted the first thread in Facebook.
I got the directive from Paul Garfield.

Obviously, things have since then been cleared up.

Mind editing your first post here: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2229718737&topic=5091&start=0

Can you still edit that? Maybe put this link in its place: http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/06/des-moines-iowa.html

Trevorjustco
06-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Mind editing your first post here: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2229718737&topic=5091&start=0

Can you still edit that? Maybe put this link in its place: http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/06/des-moines-iowa.html
It seems apparent that reading full threads is not popular. >_>
As I said in my last post in that thread, I cannot edit the post for two reasons:
1) There is a time limit, which has long expired.
2) Posts which have been replied to cannot be edited after the reply has been posted.

wizardwatson
06-25-2007, 01:32 PM
The problem is when you take the video from youtube it is not high enough quality to make DVD's from it. We need to get some good DVD's made to hand out.

I totally agree, but I have yet to see someone who has a site/access point where we can upload high quality clips that others could view/download to make dvdable collateral. Be it a site, torrent site or whatever, it is needed. If anyone knows of one let me know.

Like I still have all my source tapes for the rally, but there's really nowhere that I found yet where I could upload the source tapes in high quality.

FSP-Rebel
06-25-2007, 01:37 PM
The bottomline is that our state chair P. Garfield told us not to go to IA, but to give our funds to the campaign. He got this from Lew Moore. I don't know what else to say. Lew is the man to talk to, not one of his handlers. I'm just the messenger here and thought I was doing yall a favor. Not one of us who posted along the 'misinfo' lines was seeking to hurt the campaign, but we were told by supposedly credible people what to do. And since this announcement originated in Mich, we thought that we'd be the ones to spread it. Another prime example why we need Lew to stop by here once in a while to clarify things. I just don't get why someone tells me one thing and then it turns out to be supposedly false. Isn't there still some campaign announcement that we're supposed to be waiting on?

BLS
06-25-2007, 01:47 PM
The bottomline is that our state chair P. Garfield told us not to go to IA, but to give our funds to the campaign. He got this from Lew Moore. I don't know what else to say. Lew is the man to talk to, not one of his handlers. I'm just the messenger here and thought I was doing yall a favor. Not one of us who posted along the 'misinfo' lines was seeking to hurt the campaign, but we were told by supposedly credible people what to do. And since this announcement originated in Mich, we thought that we'd be the ones to spread it. Another prime example why we need Lew to stop by here once in a while to clarify things. I just don't get why someone tells me one thing and then it turns out to be supposedly false. Isn't there still some campaign announcement that we're supposed to be waiting on?

I FIRMLY believe that you're intentions were sincere.
I also believe we need to stop this witch hunt, and just let it die.
It's not like we lost weeks over it. Let's just keeping moving forward.

G-khan
06-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I totally agree, but I have yet to see someone who has a site/access point where we can upload high quality clips that others could view/download to make dvdable collateral. Be it a site, torrent site or whatever, it is needed. If anyone knows of one let me know.

Like I still have all my source tapes for the rally, but there's really nowhere that I found yet where I could upload the source tapes in high quality.

If you get them to me I would make them into a torrent or you could... Here are the instructions on how to do it..

http://bnbteasytracker.sourceforge.net/d_createtorrent.php

This would mean you would need to leave your computer on to seed it..

If you put them on a DVD and mail them to me I would be willing to seed the torrent..

Russell Townsend
616 11th Street N.
Sauk Rapids, MN 56379

Anyone who has good pictures or videos send them and I will get them up there for use to all...

Bryan in Iowa
06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm just the messenger here and thought I was doing yall a favor. Isn't there still some campaign announcement that we're supposed to be waiting on?

This Iowan forgives you and agrees with BLS...let it die, and let's move on. There's still a lot of work to do before Saturday.

Isn't there still some campaign announcement that we're supposed to be waiting on?

The official announcement from the campaign was made by Joe Seehusen, see beginning of this thread.

burnice
06-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Ok, so this is the announcement that the super long thread was about?